salaman bg

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by oyo97, Sep 8, 2015.

1. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

upload_2015-12-2_15-41-54.png

This is what I plan on running once I can get my pc to work properly... 2x Sacred along with ingenuities is one of the cores of the bg. I can use it to feed reclaim relic units, for AoE dmg with detonate relic, reset CDs and buffing stuff... all of that for only 18/20 nora!

Since I'm giving up on spells, I decided to go hardcore on spell negation so 2x pearls.

For reach I'll kinda rely on stealth blind and AP generation (horn & potion). Im considering getting a soulsphere in there as a buffer to reduce distances or deal with pesky units. Also thinking about including a Poison Dart, I just don't know what to remove..

Still not sure on poison trap (ingenuity kinda gives it away), ambassador, daredevil and ninja.

Which upgrades would you run on Trapper? I'm running market on appraiser and shatter on trappers.

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I would probably drop Goading Mask entirely. Poison Dart is way better. Why aren't you running an Emergency Kit?

What is the ninth item on the 2nd line? The restraining aura shadowspawn relic is a good option if you want to leave your opponent guessing about your shadowspawned relic. Plus it is good. I would also strongly consider Watershed Anchor. It buffs your dudes and immediately reduces their ability to hit you hard back.

I ran two different upgrades for my appraisers. I think I did the same with Trapper because I valued the diversity of options. Ambassador is great. I also am not so sure on daredevil, but a single ninja is pretty solid. I would definitely trade the daredevil for another salaman elite.

3. 4NIK8

Goading mask is amazing! It is both offensive and defensive.. Slap it on a dervish and 1 turn anything, slap it on a commando/ninja antagonize the foe and stealth away. Emergency kit is not really needed, I have utility with dervish and picket, and Ill probably go with utility on 1 of the appraisers too.

The ninth is darkmarsh helm. With so much stealth action going on, it's really really easy to pull off a 40+ dmg out of nowere and remove those annoying champs when they least expect it.

Two goading and darkmarsh might be overkill, but it's alot of fun to see big numbers, maybe I should remove one of those for a poison dart. I would prefer if it didnt add 1 AP to the atk and could break after a few hits, that would be the perfect equip... I can't see me running 2x as it is.

Honestly I'm not really sold on AoE 6 slow for 27/30 nora I guess I could try it instead of poison trap.

4. doubtofbuddha

You are right about utility! Forgot it gave detect. No emergency kit needed. Goading mask is fine, but honestly, I just think the other things bring more. And Poison Dart lets you give a low CD ranged attack to any old melee salaman, instantly extending your reach and providing you with a lot of options.

Basically, I think for equips and relics you should really consider which ones you want to run two of. Unless it is so powerful or so core to your gameplay that running just one is a mistake you should only have one or zero.

4NIK8 likes this.
  5. 4NIK8

Your right, I just get really hyped by big numbers! lol

I will probably remove either darkmarsh helm or 1 goading for a poison dart and I'll have to test to see if two sacred temples are really that great as I see it in my mind lol sometimes I overexagerate on how good things can be...

But I still think soulsphere would be better then anchor.

6. doubtofbuddha

Your call. I just like the synergy between knocking up your damage and hurting their ability to immediately counterattack. Though I guess soulsphere has similar sorts of results. I may experiment with using both. Also Tortun Land Cannon looks like it might have some reach potential.

7. Joodi

Joodi New Member

That bg seems good, only I dont like trappers so much, maybe I havent found out what makes them so great.. but I need to try the darkmarsh helm.

and anchor is really nice, I would try to run both anchor and soulsphere. but why no font of restoration?

8. 4NIK8

Trapper is good with slick, assassinate (darkmarsh helm on commando and you can assassinate every turn you deploy equip/relic), invigorate from horn, detonate relic (you could potencially cast detonate twice in a turn with 2 sacred temples + 1 equip), flash bomb, etc... its really good, but I'm also not sure on including two of those.

9. doubtofbuddha

Don't forget Reclaim Relic, for one of the core goals of your bg, and Arcblade on the Salaman Elite. I think you generally want to run 2 of each of the ingenuity salaman, and I suspect that will be the case with the new salaman too. Of course at that point there will be enough really good/required salaman that people will have to make hard choices.

I am in favor of hard choices though, it means the theme has enough good runes to make diversity possible. I think semi-aquatics and psychics are both there from a champ perspective. Salaman are not quite there yet for champs, but they have a lot of interesting choices on the non-champ runes side of things.

10. Joodi

Joodi New Member

oh and market on appraiser seems very good, nice tip! :)
    yeah I run only 1 trapper myself. I find the daredevil useful when enemies approach my fonts, lightning skewer can be useful, I'd rather switch out ninja or rook ( I run one rook).
    need to get my hands on a salaman elite

also if you run soulsphere, does your stealthed units loose stealth when they loose hp?

11. 4NIK8

They do, Sok confirmed and I just tested.

Leadrz likes this.
  12. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

@mini

13. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

@IMAGIRL idk if it's allowed but this would be good if it was pinned.

14. doubtofbuddha

Wouldnt it be better to wait for someone to right an actual salaman guide?

Anima26 likes this.
  15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Was my thought. They're kind of a clusterfirk atm. In any case, I can pin it, and just take it down once a true guide is up.

Anima26 and Leadrz like this.
  16. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

I can post the bg I used. It is a bit out dated, I ran it when they were popular.

17. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

18. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I agree BUT i also think its a good idea to have a dedicated thread for themes where people can direct their questions, posts and decklists. Instead of making a new thread where 1 or 2 people reply and then it gets buried. I like the Boghopper and Jelly threads. I also love Gorebuckets Treefolk thread and Fattys Sand one. I just dont have to the time or energy to make a proper detailed guide like theirs so id rather just make a dedicated thread for Hoppers.

19. doubtofbuddha

Would you mind if I write one? I want to write a legit FS guide, but I am still trying to decide between Psychics, Boghoppers, and Semi-aquatics. (If there is any preference, actually I am open to it!)

I don't think snaptooths and salaman have enough variety yet to really be guide-worthy yet. Much less Fry or Jellebrium (lol. More Jellebrium plz!)

20. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I dont know if this is aimed at me or not, but i wouldnt mind ha ha. Id love a Mirefolk one. Psychic and Boghoppers have tons of options so you could write up a really detailed guide for those two.