salaman bg

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by oyo97, Sep 8, 2015.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeah. That is why I think one of those three would probably be the most useful.

2. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Hey if you're planning on writing guides, ama if you need help.

Leadrz, Anima26 and doubtofbuddha like this.
  3. doubtofbuddha

Sure! Haven't you mostly just played salaman and meta recently?

4. Flyingfinn

Salaman, Psychic and meta

5. Joodi

Joodi New Member

Cant wait if you come up with a Salaman guide! :)

6. doubtofbuddha

Salaman are unlikely. They just don't have enough variety in champion options at this point in time. Maybe after a few expansions.

7. Joodi

Joodi New Member

ups I didnt read everything on page 2, my bad.

8. prymusedek

prymusedek I need me some PIE!

Mirefolk plizzz xd Plaing them right now. Good fun xD

9. doubtofbuddha

10. Joodi

Joodi New Member

Which upgrades do people run on Salaman Ninja and Salaman Negamage? I suppose Spellswallower is the best option but can't come to a conclusion between Dispel and Magnetic Pulse. Also Portal Walker on Ninja seems fairly better than evasive.

11. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

On Negamage I run Wizard Foe and Dispel. Since I run 2 nora pearls, my enemy is less likely to cast spells, so spellswallower is less effective and Wizard Foe gives it -3 nora. Dispel is the better option in my opinion, because you already have plenty of dmg buff with ingenuity and it adds alot of utility. I only deploy it vs. summons spam or vs. super buffed/bodyguarded stuff.

As for ninja, I'm not yet sold on this guy, but I'm running Portal Walker.

Also, I highly recomend Tortun Land Cannon in the spelless version of this bg. It might be expensive (with a appraiser out its 45 nora and it gives 2 dmg, so it's not that bad) and decent players won't take many hits from it, but it's a great finisher, something that spelless really lack.

Gnomes likes this.
  12. doubtofbuddha

Why do you all prefer portal walker to evasive? You don't relocate with the ninja that much, and I think I would generally prefer ranged defense considering how ranged-focused the game is.

Anima26 likes this.
  13. 4NIK8

Yeah, I'm still testing around... I ran shadowspawn and portal walker wich was a great build to setup for powerturn, but Im considering evasive and escape for more survivability.

14. 4NIK8

@Flyingfinn would you mind explaining why you don't run ambassador, daredevil or picket? And why you prefer ninja over commando? What are the 2 blank spots? I'm guessing you'r waiting for the new salaman.

15. Flyingfinn

I use ambassador, dont know why it isn't there. I don't have Commandos. I haven't played salamans since they got buffed.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  16. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I still have your Commando if youd like him back?

Edit: I have a bad memory, but im sure it was you who lent me him.

17. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

so, loving the salaman action atm.

I've been playing nora pearls and if i can finish people of in the mid-game, I'm rocking.

But... late game sucks. I have bags of nora and nothing to pull out the bag to break their spirit.

Any tips?

Leadrz likes this.
  18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'm thinking about making an IS/FS Salaman split utilizing Forge Hammer and IS' better relic source. When I figure out a good BG i'll post it here.

Joodi likes this.
  19. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Capture.JPG This is what i got so far, the wirlpool is 30 nora for 40 hp. the "gathering at dawn" is their for thematic reasons mostly..hehe... and also 35 nora for potential 60 hp healing. the rest is pretty standard... what do you guys think. what other equips should i put in, but then what relics should i take out?

Leadrz likes this.
  20. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

I like to run more equips.

Thunder on the hunter is really nice - gives explosive attack and cull, which can be really useful.
    I like to equip poison dart on my commando - ranged attack and stealth
    Reverb bracelet seems made for the ninja - void shield probably makes him our most tanky champ
    Nora pearls worth 2x?

I've not tried the bog pearl, what's your thoughts?

I'd lose the spell, thematic or not :)

Still to be convinced by the cannon - I'd prefer to equip poison dart for surprise range / finish

Other people have said it and I have to agree - Goading mask can be amazing on commando also - antagonise, insta-stealth and run away!

Gnomes likes this.