salaman bg

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by oyo97, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Twisted Emerald and Thunder need to be in there imo. Emerald gives you extra healing and confuse can be super useful, I often equip on Appraiser. Thunder pumps up the already impressive dmg from Hunter. I use Hunter, and as such Thunder, less and less in higher ranks but against most players it's really effective.

If you can get Privateer then 2x is key to big success. Evasive is just so useful, as well as another OP arcblade champ. Along these lines, Elite should also be 2x. Daredevil and ninja are a little bleurgh.

Sacred temple gives impenetrable and can be super useful, worth considering.

Anything else, ask away :)

2. DrownerOfHope

DrownerOfHope New Member

Updated.
    https://poxbase.com/deck/C5NCxQckzCxmCtFcwGcgOc3XCjUcoHr2Lrhr3irGrWe1be3oE3Oe2wEYe23e3q
    and now?

Upgrades:
    Fire Salaman: Fire Aura 2 / Defense << Confused
    Salaman Appraiser: Grant Healing / Reclaim Relic and Pilfer
    Salaman Comando: Trickster / Defense << With offensive dies so fast
    Salaman Elite: Commander / Battle Leader << Confused
    Salaman Hunter: Shot 3 / Precision
    Salaman Negamage: Wizard Foe / Dispel
    Salaman Ninja: Stealth / Portal Walker
    Salaman Privateer: Blitz / Speed << Confused
    Salaman Trapper: Trap fire / Shatter << What better trap?
    Slick and Buzz: Grant / Flash Bomb

What do you think?

3. Atherhog

Looks better.

I don't like Ninja, but maybe that's just me?

Upgrades:
    Fire Salaman: Provision is 100%. Then it's personal choice. I'm running flamestrike atm as I like the range option.
    Appraiser: Healing and Market for me, I like the extra nora. Relics are reclaimed by commando and pilfer is taken care of by Trapper.
    Commando: 100% agree
    Elite: I'd never take Battle leader. Commander/Swap and Storm/Encouraged are good depending on playstyle.
    Hunter: 100% agree
    Negamage: 100% agree
    Ninja: Don't use so not sure...
    Privateer: Blitz and I go Defence... I'm sure Speed is ok, but I like to have a block option for surviving
    Trapper: Go boulder trap for cheapest and shatter
    Slick: I run with Evasive so he can sit at the back giving people AP and dropping the occasional bomb... also, dealing with horrid things by turning them into a frog. That said, I haven't changed the upgrade since Privateer... probably don't need evasive now... hmmm... yeah, flashbomb seems a better choice. (Sorry... thinking as I type.)

Also,

Seriously think about getting another privateer in there... he's mega.

EDIT: That said about Slick... maybe keep evasive to keep the cost down.

4. DrownerOfHope

DrownerOfHope New Member

I changed the upgrades, I will test.
    I like the ninja because with Darkmarsh is op and blind, I love blind.

Thanks for the tips.

Sorry my english, I am Brazilian. Very Sad

5. Atherhog

nothing wrong with your English dude, I understand perfectly.

Ohmin likes this.
  6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Finally somebody came to their senses and is using dark marsh helm.

7. Kevin Axel

Kevin Axel New Member

8. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

Hi. Ur bg looks fine execpt i would remove these thunders and add in bog pearl because its basically free stats since u get the nora back when this equipment leaves play. Also the new FS equip can be useful!

9. Kevin Axel

Kevin Axel New Member

Actually i was questioning that, 2x thunder 35 nora ea is alot, when i just need something cheap for the bonus.... Gonna change that. about champions, This is my first Bg, i dont know if i made a good combination. What weakness have my Bg ?, Btw thx oyo97

10. Atherhog

I'm away on holiday until tomorrow, but will comment properly then. The thing that stands out is a lack of fire salaman. I'd have at least 1x instead of a dervish, maybe 2x.

11. Kevin Axel

Kevin Axel New Member

About that, here is what i think
    Fire salaman Cons: No equipment bonus ( im running a bg of EQ. ), CD of 3 turns, more expensive than dervish .. Pros: Good vs fire damage, Good damage in aoe and range
    Salaman dervish Cons: No range ability or aoe. Careless ( Lose all ap )... Pros: Really good in close combat, can do alot of damage, cheaper, Detection, engage and disengage free, Equipment champ
    Salaman appraiser already cover the fire damage
    Maybe i dont like fire salaman or miss something, but didnt saw that champ really ok for this BG ( Salaman eq bonus, relic and equipments )
    BTW: thx fot the time atherhog. im waiting for that comment properly.

12. Atherhog

Sorry for the late reply... I forgot I was teaching on a field trip for 3 days!

Fire Salaman: He has Provision: Defence so he does have equipment bonus. He's a solid tank with 48 HP and 3 Def when equipped. Add block and damage shield into this and he's a solid tank. 2x in my opinion.

Thunder: Well worth 1x for the Hunter. Gives cull and Explosive attack.

Soldier: 7 speed and warrior foe make this a solid 1x. Can be a decent damage dealer.

Privateer: 2x as a must if you can. Key player.

Twisted emerald: I love this equip. Adds some healing and confuse can be really useful. 1x for sure.

I'll try to add further comments later.

13. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

I played vs Atherhog's Salaman BG yesterday (i was using Kanen), and it was so impressive: i couldn't rush because of the map, so he could settle up a good army, and when i tried to engage he just gave 3 equips on his units and created an immortal army (evasive 3 and at least 16 dmg on each unit lol). So what is Salamans' weakness? I suppose they are weak early game, but if they are grouped killng them seems so hard.

Atherhog likes this.
  14. Atherhog

AOE stuff makes short work of key champs. I hate playing vs bomb type BG's, they destroy Salamans pretty quickly :(

Aghatoor likes this.
  15. Atherhog

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  16. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Not a single trapper?

17. Atherhog

Good spot. I did it without looking and messed up. Edit made!

Trapper are clearly 2x auto

:)

18. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  19. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Why do you have Chillshard in there? It's rather expensive for just catalyst.

20. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Salaman are one of the most difficult themes I've ever attempted to play. Rush hurts them a lot.