Sand, Myx and Planes

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Dolcebrodude, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Posting here because this meme happened today and I don't really want the SL forums to die forever.

Basically got back into pox after a year-or-so long break and after grinding poxbox credits for weeks got a few SL sand/meta/myx bgs up to date. Hopped on ranked queue and got piles and piles of UD in various flavours. Lost some won some but man, was Boundless Enthusiasm hard to beat.

Enter Planar Dissonance.
    So after a couple games versus *more UD* I'm still playing bad but this spell turned out to be really neat and easily baited people into giving locust free swarms with their Leaps, Deceptions, Homing Senses, Shadow Shifts etc. My condolences to Jeuce and his SP/UD split too. He got really dissonanced.

Here's the pile I'm running:
    [​IMG]

What other anti UD-centric meta runes can SL run? What spells do you think are best to replace when fitting in Dissonance or similar tech? How do I break locust even more? With cheap Sandstorms and Dissonances adaptive champs might be good. Should I try and fit in Sandstalkers or Doombringers somewhere? Any comments and ideas appreciated.

Cheers and Happy Holidays

also lowkey Signal with consume champs is borderline broken. At least in lower rank play.

IronStylus, aseryen and guokamoli54 like this.
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

UD struggles against bgs that can field a lot of meat and melee champs. SL is actually a really good counter to the current state of UD, don't really play it so couldn't offer any rune choices, unfortunately.

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  3. Dolcebrodude

So 8 games later noticed the a big problem with my bg and that's that maxed out Sandlions, Imperators, Broodlords, Snogvie all really stack up the high-end champ slot.
    Had a few draws that couldn't even deploy a second champ. And in theory if I want to upkeep Planar Dissonance and Sandstorms, spamming more cheap bodies should be beneficial.
    And @Tweek516 suggested cheap meat too so I'm trying here.
    Current work in progress update is :
    -1 Mantid Tracker
    -1 Snogvie
    +2 Vexian Neodrak
    also since the deck has so_many_aoes I just did:
    -1 Burning Sands
    +1 Verdict of Derifos
    for sandblasted-less spot sand for already engaged friendlies.

[​IMG]

Snogvie was nice but it's actually better to *not* distract opposing champs so they are more likely to trigger those Dissonances.
    Mantid was there for anti-range and declare target but that never ever happened where it mattered. This deck's detection is basically just spamming aoes/trample Broodlords till the damn stealther takes damage anyway. Nobody runs Combat Awareness 2 Stealthers, riiiight

Also inhib effects on Neodrak and Imperator are super nice in the current state of the meta, sure cleanses are a thing but so far it saved my butt several times.
    Might switch one Imperator for a Sandkip but I like keeping a number of updraft buffable champs and the dragonflight is nice sometimes.

And finally, a question for all:
    How would you fit in 1-2 Unstable Power Sources here and do you think they have a place in the meta now?
    I see a lot of Graveyards, Mindslicer Obelisks, Orbs of Protection and stuff. Could run Tornados to ground stuff while dealing with relics without ap.

Comments and suggestions always appreciated,
    Cheers

Locust is such an ez mode snowball machine

4. Tweek516

Tornado is great. Cheap and good vs relics.

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  5. Dolcebrodude

Running Primordial Enigmas in the Neodrak slot after getting destroyed by adaptive Tidemaster artillery and Gritmaw slamfest. Works decently against Grimlic, Serkan and Whorls too.
    Wanted to replace the oh-so-rarely cast Quickening with Forced Transfusion for alpha strikes but since that is broken and bugged just decided to run Tornado in that slot to see how it works. So far both times it was the best answer to an opposing relic on mid font.
    And finally while I don't really like Purge's cost I really wish I had spot dispel sometimes and changed Staff to that.

Planar Dissonance by itself so far has claimed: 2x SP/UD fire splits, 2x UD junk.bg, Minotours, Ferren and Skywings. Oh and also leaped my Locust right into an opposing Dissonance which made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Been looking into Target Dummy as a potential pseudo-Bubble.

Comments and ideas are welcome,
    Cheers

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. Tweek516

Some other good runes in SL:
    Phalanx marker
    Enslave

Also, I'd double up on enigma. He is crazy. Depends how far you want to stray from the sand theme though.

SPiEkY and Dolcebrodude like this.
  7. Dolcebrodude

Well there were two draks so now there are two Enigmas :] They are nice in pairs because you can just spam tremors every turn vs grounded melee beatsticks.

I like the idea of Phalanx as Market has been meh generally and mostly contested fonts and Phalanx is just harder to remove while giving a buff.
    Enslave I'll think about.

8. Tweek516

Enslave is amazing man, give it a try :)

SPiEkY and guokamoli54 like this.
  9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, movn kept trying to tell people that Planar was auto, but they didn't listen.

Tweek516 and Dolcebrodude like this.
  10. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Not just auto, but secret OP.

Having said that, I don't think Planar Dissonance is a 2 of. It does its job quite well with a single copy, and in my very limited playing of late I've found it works quite well in Drakkies with Terminus.

Tweek516, Dolcebrodude and SPiEkY like this.
  11. Dolcebrodude

It took just 4 years and like 8 games vs new UD for me to see the Light, err... Dissonance in the Planes.

I do agree it does it's job pretty well after the first cast and opponent generally becomes super reluctant to use his relocation. And like the first time it triggers you should generally get an advantage by killing the caught champ and snowball.

But so far drawing it early has been good, hence I want to up that chance and there is also a few matchups where it has to be cast pre-emptively like vs Boundless so the first copy might not catch anything. And with it's low cd 2x Planar is an almost constant Dissonance.

I think both 1 and 2 copies can work I just need to play more and feel things.
    Flagellum is an interesting idea.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

this is my sand bg i have been testing
    upload_2017-6-7_1-6-1.png