Savage Tundra: Coalitions Discussion

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by KingJad, May 11, 2015.

1. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Lonx chieftain or luminary maybe? Could also think of it as a either or type of thing seems like it could be fun but maybe not very effective. Guessing it could find a home in superchamp type bgs though.

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

it's a super champ deck rune, something for players like IPOX.

it's not intended for meta play or anything like that, at best it can see decent play in the right split deck.

that said you could easily bring along a yeti conqueror and get both effects if you really wanted.

3. Querthose

Querthose The King of Potatoes

I think the intention here is for the rune to be applicable in a more diverse set of situations, not designed to super champ something. The fact that there aren't many ST champs who could benefit from both pieces of the spell was likely intended.

Obvious cat is obvious.

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

The spell is stupid because it requires a champ to fill two roles which is something the game is suppose to be moving away from to free up design space. There aren't any champs that can benefit from both effects without investing a lot more so essentially it's only useful in a superchamp deck.

mortal ix likes this.
  5. calisk

curious what's wrong with it being something for super champ decks?

their wouldn't be super champ decks if the devs didn't design runes for them once in awhile, and if they wanted them gone they'd of nerfed all the mechanics for them into the ground.

some people seem to like them or they wouldn't get played, so again...what's wrong with a super champ rune existing?

6. KingJad

You can't play those decks competitively and I doubt the intention here is to make superchamp decks competitive again. I see the creation of this spell as wasted resources but to each their own I don't speak for everyone and everyone feels different about these things but that's my personal opinion on this.

7. calisk

everything needs to be competitive?

15-18 runes usually comprise the strongest deck in a faction, as such that is the only deck that can be considered competitive, because anything else is worse then it or a "fun" deck.

as such the largest majority of the faction is not competitive.

without even considering the single player users who will use what ever they feel like and love it, why is the only runes that are allowed to be created meta viable ones, and not for fun or fringe based decks.

8. KingJad

I don't necessarily equate meta with competitive/good and I've made that known many times before. Something being good/competitive is all that I expect. Superchamps bgs are the wrong direction for the game if we are trying to make these bgs actually good outside of a few bad matchups. Being a fun deck doesn't make it bad don't know where you got that from. New runes can be introduced to make bgs more fun but dedicating runes to superchamp bgs is a pretty decent sized no. Maybe your just playing devils advocate but do you honestly believe this rune was worth creating as opposed to a thematic spell for an actual theme in the faction. I'd like to hear others opinions on this or is everyone on the it's for superchamp bgs only page?

9. calisk

keep in mind one thing I believe it's designed for super champ decks, but I don't think it's only for that deck.

this rune will take some planning and calculations to make use of, it's easiest to do in split decks, but like I said before with a simple addition of a yeti conqueror any champ in your deck can benefit from both side of the spell, at which point you have the potential for a fairly massive buff for any champ you really want.

I would likely never use it in one my decks, but I don't do single player, or split decks, nor do I like back ended spells that have no immediate effect on the game, but again some do.

10. KingJad

Do you see a benefit to adaptive decks besides the fact that it's a spell? Having a heretic/ancestor with quest damage would be nice but it still doesn't benefit from quest: support ally so you're still playing for half a spell.

11. Querthose

Querthose The King of Potatoes

Did you miss everything I said? The spell is designed in a way to give it applicability in a diverse set of situations. It wasn't designed for a single champ to make use of both abilities simultaneously. (case and point- very few champs in ST would quality) You're an absolute fool if you think this would have been a better rune if it only did half as much.

12. KingJad

If it did half as much it'd be a overcosted. I haven't asked for it to do half as much I think it'd be more reasonable to have it grant two abilities that synergize together instead of polar opposites. It can be applied to different champs that serve different roles but then you're paying for something you won't use unless it is a superchamp in which case you can go back and read.

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Unstickied your Ronin Discussion, and stickied this this thread in it's place.

14. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Why why why did we get a dragon? ST not SL. I was hoping from the pic it was a big ferret...but oh no it was a non flying dragon. Geez at least give it beast so it can enhance ST. We get a dragon with no class and no flight....Can you guys just change his ability to sand and throw him into SL.. In the future please gear things to theme towards ST. Geez a Strig would have been fantastic. I have 10 non-usable strig champs just rotting away.

15. calisk

I think the idea was a terrain rune...which really isn't race focused. honestly not sure on teh race choice if that's not the case

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Adding beast is not unreasonable. But I think his ability set does fit into several ST themes.

17. calisk

personally outside of terrain, he seems like generic amp rune to me, of which I think we have 3-4 dragons already.

I personally don't have an issue with the race as it's not out of line with what we already have, and if he was going to get any I'd prefer him to get elemental as that is the only race with the potential to make terrain work.

mortal ix likes this.
  18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

19. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I bring this up just about every patch so sorry in advance, but can the wingmaster get some changes? They managed to get even more expensive. It keeps getting harder for me to include in a bg even though I've always had a soft spot for it.

And so I don't sound like I'm always complaining, thanks for reducing boon my galeriders are back under 80. The rest of the strig look on paper to be in a decent place besides mage bane but its never been good so no real change there. The glaive change makes me actually want to run him so happy there also. And while I know it probably won't be popular I think summon ant might need a small love tap there isn't a lot of counter play to it and getting a swarming champ out of it is really nice, the fact that the swarmed champ is currently worth more nora ( 72 if you remove upgrades ) than the spell doesn't help either.

Lastly people should look at running the boarder guard elites with equalize in even non flying bgs at 61 nora after the refund it is super efficient and a decent champ in general.

Goyo likes this.
  20. KingJad

a few more flying rangers with hunted abilities my bg is almost complete. Jakei Wingmaster damage to 10, range to 4-5.