Savage Tundra Winter Patch of 2016

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Senshu, Dec 15, 2016.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I think staff has potential but it's tough, I tried to get it to work on juya but honestly the keen eye crown is better for less.

we need a decent provision lonx that costs more then 80 to get ti work I think, ice lord would be good but you can't hit 80 nora with provision

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

As much as it was hyped up, been finding the new version of fill underwhelming. Great design, and a balanced rune (don't change it devs), just find arctic gift better.

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

This is sarcasm right?

4. Tweek516

40 Nora is a lot. Great synergy with doomie, and makes your guys much more resistant to ranged - but just prefer gift.

5. calisk

Not sure about preferring gift to it but I agree it's fine as is from my tests.

It's used exactly like Macadamize with all the utility of the same spell, if you attempt to use it as ranged def they have 101 ways to destealth your unit but it's a nice bonus that will often force something small, perhaps an engage they didn't want or an ability use or something to that effect.

Rarely has it ever forced more except from the most ranged heavy of KF decks and even they are filled with detect units

I can see why you'd prefer gift though seeing as how it's much cheaper which makes it good with adaptation champs and since he's running doomies for snow Gen anyway makes sense where he is coming from

6. Tweek516

Its a well balanced rune, and will find its way into many bgs - but my personal preference is towards gift. It was very overhyped (by myself included).

7. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Maybe arctic Camo instead of arctic gift for Breath of Lusara

8. Tweek516

Eh?

Spells are fine. Leave as they are. Just my 2 cents.

9. calisk

Why the spell really is fine that's a change for the sake of change at best.

In every game I've played l'usara has never had the impact of swap, gale, ice storm, or cleansing storm, and the impact it has had was from the damage boost and the mobility allowing for unexpected attacks and kills it had nothing to do with the hidden aspect

It's not even in this games top 50 spells why nerf it?

But if for some reason Sokolov finds the need to nerf I'd be fine with a straight carbon copy of Macadamize rather then see it cost 10 more nora for camouflage which now that I think about it might honestly be better then hidden in some ways, far harder to counter either way

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  10. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I have been using arctic camo with hunter X verse range champs in which their are so many. It works against range 2 which is pretty awesome. The survival of melee champs goes way up. The problem is the availability of arctic camo. In the past this ability was shoe box due to 2 defense verse range was dumb. Now it provides a hefty defense. Yeti Mutant for an example with out hunter...3 tough 3 defense and 2 off the range is - 8 to the attack. This is huge against 7 and 8 spd flying champs that get dmg output from multiple hits. my yeti mutant was pretty tanky to most range champs and the dmg debuff verse strike was way helpful verse range -5 to dmg. One heal from yeti curate and he was off and running.

11. calisk

Yep as I said in some way particularly the example given camouflage is beter then hidden

12. calisk

so here is a list of the bugs so far that completely contradict patch notes

- first yeti racial does not last longer if they are feared.

- lost trails was not fixed : here is an accurate description of what it currently does based on my testing.
    Lost trails : target friendly deployment zone. for 6 turns the next time a friendly or enemy champion enters that font (expected effect). note the deployment no longer needs to be friendly for this effect to trigger

- had a weird overlap glitch with swap where I swapped into the font and the champrelocated to where I swapped and thus overlap.

comment on lost trail - if it worked as written it would be as good at winning font as ice block was in the past. I think the targeted friendly font mechanic is fine, just make it actually last an infinite amount of time rather then 6 rounds, and prefereably I wish it only triggered on enemies but meh.

-the fear granted by yeti ice Lord's enter play effect does not grant him protection from attacks like it should

I will update this later when I remember the other bugs I had found

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016