Savannah FTW?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Mar 27, 2014.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Spent pretty darn near the whole day traveling from the Leastside of Washington to Savannah, GA. Got a week of unscripted vakay with the wife and kids. Please post good and realistic ideas that won't cause another debt ceiling crisis in the "United" States of Murica. (Meant as a joke, fyi). Please fire away, but in a cool manner. Thanks in advance.

Gonnna check the forums 1-2 times per day, as hoping to hear from DoGz. Plus, for excitement. ;)

K bye.

2. stfn

stfn Member

Meth is pretty cheap and accessible in the South. Nothing as cool as some Ice.

In all seriousness, I'd recommend BBQ before the Meth.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  3. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

As someone who grew up in Savannah GA, you should go on "Ghost Tours" in the historic downtown district. Inexpensive and exciting.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Definitely find some BBQ. This would probably be a good thread to move to Off Topic too.

5. DarkJello

Meth, BBQ x3, and off topic. Got it. Appreciated.

6. Rockhopper

Rockhopper Well-Known Member

You can rent houses on the water for real cheap in a placed called Carrabelle Florida (Gulf Cost, panhandle). Excellent place for those that like quiet and fishing. Bad for people who like a town with more than one stop light.

It is about another 2 hours from Savannah so not sure you'd want to make the trek down from DC again. A closer alternative is the Delaware coast. Nice camping locations.

Have a decent scope of the East coast, can provide better suggestions if you elaborate on what you look for in a vacation

7. DarkJello

Rockhopper:

We are from the state of Washington, not the cesspool known as DC. (Much more figurative than literal).

Ideas are much appreciated. Quiet and fishing sound superb!! Doubt wife will agree, but I like the idea for sure.

Scored lunch at a ****ey's Barbecue Pit, and just leaving for some canal museum here in Savannah.

Mighty Eighth Air Force museum was pretty dang cool. The greatest generation deserves total respect.

8. stfn

stfn Member

Saving the best for last, eh?

9. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Did you see the spanish moss?

Yes?

Good you're done.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

You can also visit Fort Pulaski, near Tybee Island.

11. DarkJello

Gonna do that tomorrow for sure. Tybee Island looks interesting too. Weather should be legit through the weekend.

TeaNinja likes this.