Saw this was on PS4 and decided to come back and have a look

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Mandrake, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Mandrake

Mandrake New Member

Coming back after a long break. Looks like a lot of things have changed. What decks are working well in KF now? I've seen a few posts on rangers and it looks like fae have gotten some recent updates. What are people having fun with?

2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

welcome back!
    rangers are doing well, very solid bg.
    fae got some new tools, but still very hard to master.
    elven statue illusions still very strong but gets you a lot of hate.
    archers, adaptive, garus, all playable but not t1(^_^)
    what were you playin at your time?

3. Mandrake

Mandrake New Member

Mostly just elves. Had a small archer module in there as well. Tried centaurs for a while, but I could never get it to work well.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I think I'll look a little more into rangers then for right now since I was able to find a couple threads on them.

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

elves have so many units usually you go for a sub-theme like archers or illusions etc.
    i also forgot that magicamp bg is very solid right now.

centaurs got some new units and tools, i'm experimenting a kf/is bg if you want.

5. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I haven't found anyone actively complaining when i drop statue, even when it hits 10+ hp.
    I do feel bad when playing it vs UD though. Not bad enough to not destroy them with it, damn UD and their arrow eaters, but kicking a demon shaped puppy bad.

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

are you playin with full illusions? when thered and gemma were ranking hard with that bg there were hate threads every two days...

7. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

That was just because illusion of lies was silly strong. Now it's been nerfed, but stealth buffed for statue.

8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

is still good, anyway. illusionist is still strong

9. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Welcome back, a major change is that you get 30 free KF runes if you do the KF walkthrough, def worth doing all 8 faction walkthroughs, then if you want more KF runes cheap, by the new deck in the marketplace that was released 2 days ago. 5k gold for 30 KF runes, maybe not perfect for KF rangers but its a very nice addon.

10. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Tier 1 KF decks atm (imo):
    - Rangers
    - Magic Amp
    - Beasts
    Tier 2:
    - Archers
    - Fae (would be T1 in Tiny's hands though)
    - Illusion
    - D'elim
    Tier 3:
    - Treefolk
    - Vashal
    - Aurora / Illuminate

Take this as my personal, subjective opinion but this is how I see them power-wise.

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i approve this almost completely...but i would put illusions in tier1 . also, beasts??? never seen a kf beasts bg in 2 years...
    fae can be tier1 but you really need a lot of skill to do it...