Scorched Dwarf x2 ( Discussion)

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Agirgis1, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

(Math/Summary at the bottom)

Back when i was not that good at UD i would always say i have no space for even x1 , until tiny taught me about having synergy in bgs rather then numbers of powerful champs and or spells that may seem powerful but u can live without( i run 18 champs). this lesson alone got me from being stuck in limited 70-80 to top 30.

Why is x2 dwarf so good? well over the days ive been back played like 50 games using them.. quiet a few games ive been stuck 1 font down or no fonts.. and i still have a fighting chance( and most the time win) cuz the 2 dwarfs do as much as 1 font.... for the newer people a font gives 12 nora a turn

Many games when i started off with a worse draw then my opponent i would give him the middle font free and let my dwarfs keep the nora gen even( this is risky due to giving the enemy increased map presence, but UD have powerful enough champs to overcome it) . and pull out the victory later on
    Another pro , when u use price of victory , they will heal it back at a rate of 12 hp every 2 turns... takes away your worry with that spell. and you can scry all day and not worry about being rushed cuz they will keep healing, every game i just scry my shrine away with no fear giving me a massive advantage.

I was talking to xxlordqxx in my guild chat and he told me he thought x2 was a nora sink ( he prefers x1 for now) .. so i did some math

28 nora x2 on summon = 56 , 12 nora a turn .. it takes 5 turns for a dwarf to pay itself off if u run 2, after 5 turns where u lost some nora...( its not that much in the long-term) , after that short buildup time..you've got yourself a free font at home.
    i will say , this gives u the potential to play slow in certain games u cant rush... and when u do rush u dont have to bring them out if its intense.

Do give me your arguments against it, i think dwarfs can make UD stronger faction in general if we all use them better. Thank you ( TL:DR Dwarf make nora , nora make win)

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Your math is a bit off. "28 nora x2 on summon = 56 , 12 nora a turn .. it takes 5 turns for a dwarf to pay itself off" Its actually 5 Rounds (10 Turns), as they only generate nora at the start of Your turn. So it takes 10 turns for it to pay for it self. Though I do agree I like the little buggers, they offset a lot of the Scornful/PoV costs.

3. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

i meant 5 of your turns haha , but thanks :D

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

lol

BTW, lets bring back the Biweekly Rune Discussions. My vote for the First DOF UD Discussion is Succubus. A simple yet effectively deadly rune.

5. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

My two cents: If you run PoV, you probably need at least 1 scorched dwarf. If you want to run 2x, then you better have some late game champs (like gloombringer, vixen, etc.). Otherwise, you're trading a 56 nora tempo hit for better endgame and, you better have that end game. Another way that I look at it though is that I could run a scorched dwarf or I could run another sacrifice. Sacrifice has no tempo hit and it probably generates about the same nora per turn (depends on the price of the champion). That said...I'm trying PoV w/ 2 sacrifices and w/o a dwarf and it's risky. My PoV use is really limited to situations where it will win me the game. Personally, I'd like to change PoV so it doesn't crutch on having another rune in the deck, but that's another thread.

6. saromon50

saromon50 I need me some PIE!

THIS! Oh and succubus is boss. Always run two =)