Serkan problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by serxic, Oct 18, 2020.

1. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

Serkan is killed in 1 turn all the time. The Hero have tiny HP, AND NO DEFENSIVE abilities.

2. somesome

somesome Member

no thank you. Serkan has been through so much, and now he is good. I do not want to see any changes, unless it's a direct buff. But, Serkan is pretty OP right now so I don't see that happening

3. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think serkan sucks, vengful is too slow / mid tier ability at best. Teleport on range is kind of wasted nora. Him having support debuffs as damage scaler is wasted nora. Life siphon takes far too long to be better than regular healing. Only bad players play serkan

4. serxic

Serkan for be competent needs range 7 and teleport 2. A hero with range 6 and fragile is fool. Lich King is 3 time superior, have oblivion shield and range 8. For vengeful iI use the equipment with soulsift 2. Lich King have more survavility that Serkan.

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

1. Serkan has 49 hp, thats a lot for a ranged unit.

2. His defense is his mobility and ability to attack from far away, as well as the wall of meat that FW has to offer.

3. Vengeful scales more than fast enough, even 1 broken bones can take him from 12 damage to 15.

4. Teleport is necessary for him to be a constant threat while making him difficult to lock into 1 area.

5. Life siphon heals enough he shouldnt get hit all that often anyway

6. Serkan is wayyyyyyyyyy better than lich king lol

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. DOODLEROCK

DOODLEROCK The King of Potatoes

Pox Nora has so many forms of healing of healing that not one turning a champion is costly mistake. One turning an expensive champion is an efficient way to suffocate the engine of war. It seems like an error to field to flied unit with glass cannon status.

7. serxic

Serkan is fragile, remove weary or cripple for dead magic zone 2. Weary or cripple are too fool debuff in a hero. You had wait 10 turns !!! for the a simply cleanse and the opponent recovers his DMG.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  8. serxic

If weary get permanent dmg would be nice debuff ( "Similar to whiteren fern of KF ")

Varthas and DOODLEROCK like this.
  9. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

@serxic Bruh, you got to stop spamming. Make one or two recommendations a month, or maybe just fight for one like I did for Mena. But would you please stop spamming?

Anima26 likes this.
  10. serxic

I am not spamming. The nerfs in FW is the real spam. Is neccesary the buff in unholy tomb
    programmed. When? I will still waiting. I am a veteran player .
    I grew up playing poxnora.

And my experience says that mentioning badly designed things is not spam, it is not my fault that there are many, they are the ones that were detected.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    Varthas likes this.
  11. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I appreciate your feedback ser, I'm unable to post on forums much, but there is a lot to talk about with pox balance. The meta is not figured out yet , and even the other day I learned something new about an FW rune i didn't previously consider viable.

There's plenty of people here who are miserable and want you to be miserable like them. I would try to reason but also try to ignore them if possible.

12. DiCEM0nEY

Not saying that's what prooster meant but just in general there's one thing to be mindful of.

As for serkan, he sucks.

I posted a rework that would make him viable. I think what hurts him is his slow scaling, poor ability paths and high risk. His risk is much much much much much higher than his reward.

You don't want to pin ur hopes on the game with something like serkan. There's much better mid game strategies available, and those mid game fw strategies usually can translate into near unbeatable end games.

In fact, I'd even say that statue of xulous + xulous works better than serkan as a strategy. Not that you should be pinning all your hopes on an early statue deploy, but just for comparison sake.

I guess you could make a case for lich theme serkan, I honestly haven't bothered much with liches tho, as I find disbelief and global relic kills enough to dissuade me from trying it, as well as them being kind of rng based.

13. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Bone circle relic grants all liches +1 range.

14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

you would have 8 range serkan with your proposed +1 range buff + bone circle. Not sure if there is still an undead out there with aid range ability as well. These things you want. I believe you should research them before you get excited.

(Bone Circle = +1 range for lich)

15. DiCEM0nEY

The key buffs serkan gets from liches are worship, +1 range, leverage, and imo reverie. However, even with all this, he really isn't that good. Teleport on a long range seven speeder is overkill imo (prohibitive cost), and it goes back to him just being too big a risk / investment compared to most other things. His de buffs do not make up for his risk / reward.

Varthas and serxic like this.
  16. serxic

the version of serkan with bombs and defensive strike, is the most expensive and does not scale over time, it should even be the cheapest version. 98 nora !!!

I wish vengeful get a buff of +2 dmg for death. We are investing champions of 40 nora , 60 where his globes the most times are captured for the enemy. The reward is very tiny, is a JOKE.

Even playing well, Serkan will be left with only 17 damage. Against an army of champions with +20 dmg, there we have the salamanders or elven ranger.

For get a benefit of death, a collection of souls until the aspect of death do his work.

when you play an obsidian venger, forget to play a serkan with vengeful, then you have to go with the most expensive version, the serkan eye is better played, cheaper and more damage.
    The least you want is to sacrifice your best units.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  17. Bushido

Ur 100% on Collection of Souls being a better vengeful champion / scaling with death better.

18. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Serkan is pretty bad right now.

19. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

How so?

20. Bushido

Do you just not read the suggestions I posted or anything ive ever said?

I'll post again if it finally buffs him;

The core of issue is his risk is too high for his reward. He has 12 base damage, vengful scaling , mobility and sustain. This looks good on paper, however...

He is vulnerable in some way to every faction in the game.

ST: Swap, gale
    Sp: vertical push + others
    Kf: inhibit power, others
    Fw: doom, others
    Ud: fading recollection
    Fs: reverberating blast
    IS; hammer strike+ others

And that was a list I came up with off the top. I don't even run spells and when someone plays serkan I just see it as a free win, because there's always ways to deal with him (he costs 90+ nora).

Basically to fix him, remove life siphon and teleport from base, and put them on upgrade paths.

So:
    U1: dictate, cripple, life siphon
    U2: teleport, vengful, disease breath 3

This way he costs less, and has less risk. And he can have a deck made around him a lot easier. Usually you dont end up needing all the cost he brings in one deploy. You are usually wasting cripple / vengful / aoe / life siphon / movement whenever you use him, because it's almost impossible to use all the skills he has in a efficent manner.

This doesn't even address the fact that none of those skills are power skills, that is they are fairly costed at best. Things like sand striker, swap3, divine favour 3, ally x, adaptive, sweep, equip skills, mirrorblade, void shield, quest heal, yeti scent, nkd, etc existing make vengful look like trash. In fact, even tho it's fw, I'd take adaptive serkan over vengful serkan any day for max hp gain alone.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Varthas likes this.