Shallaxy 2.0

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Raikan, May 8, 2015.

1. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

What are people's reactions to the Shallaxy redesign, and what upgrades are people using? For my part, I thought the she improved significantly, although I think her base abilities and upgrades could be swapped a bit.

In particular, I'd probably switch Gravity Well and Deploy Rock Trap, eliminating the Deafening Aura/Gravity Well build, but creating a Rock Trap/Deafening Aura build. The former doesn't seem particularly useful in SP because: (1) we already have a lot of very easy ways to apply distract (whispers, state of confusion, voltaic slag, angel, etc.), and (2) 4 AP for 3 damage in AOE 4 isn't all that impressive. The latter has a lot more internal synergy (increasing damage on rock trap, forcing an opponent to move within deafening aura to avoid the rock trap) and makes Shallaxy a fantastic addition to a knockback bg.

Secondly, I'd consider replacing Swap 2 with Swap 3 or Combat Awareness, allowing Shallaxy to use gravity well to set up units for strong moga cannon aoes (either by swapping for a moga sapper or by sitting in the aoe w/ CA). Swap 2 doesn't work well because it has the same range as Gravity Well (4 Spaces), so any unit that was originally close enough for Swap 2 to target has been moved 2 spaces closer to Shallaxy, which really doesn't put Shallaxy outside the AOE zone and typically causes Shallaxy to swap into engagement. Obviously a unit can move into range after the GW without issue.

2. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Gravity Well and Swap.

I also use traps so that makes it pretty sweet.