shaman electric bg? SP/IS

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by OriginalG1, Feb 23, 2017.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

upload_2017-2-23_8-17-52.png
    Never really paid attention to the pally, priest, shaman clause. that fact that this relic dose electrical damage to attacking unit could be interesting, any ideas?

4NIK8 likes this.
  2. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

SP/IS electric is a thing that has been around, mostly Paralyze + Bane Blast shenanigans and Celestial Spear spam because you can have like 4 spears with Northern Cross Priestess.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  3. OriginalG1

upload_2017-2-23_9-5-30.png
    this is my 1st attempt, just threw a a bunch of stuff together. 4x sabotage electricity though, and every one is a priest or shaman. should probably get thunder head totem in here for bane blast combo. 2 mirrored champs and that would be gg.

4. OriginalG1

upload_2017-2-23_9-44-39.png
    huntress gets spark charge, like wtf, lol.

running lighting skewer on Fury of the Storm. Might take out static bracelet for second staff of solstice. would like to have richous d in here to protect stormreader, but maybe 2x divert will be enough?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Dolcebrodude likes this.
  5. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Just some stuff to consider: Hammer Strike is really good even though not in theme, Overcharged Golems are cheap and solid although not shamans, Voil Stormflyer is an absolute boss.
    Static Bracelet seems weak.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  6. OriginalG1

over charged golem seems to be banned, ya but i would use him for sure with attack electricity and more sabotage electricity sound awesome! Catalyst electricity is good on a unit that going to be beaten up with a stormreader behind it

edit: over charged golem is not banned, i just forgot barb bolt is not sp/is any more. lame

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  7. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Screenshot from 2017-02-23 16:11:52.png
    This might be useful. I don't really play it recently. I made it some time ago for fun, mostly single target damage combos, but if i run out of totems, i'm kind of in trouble usually (sapping beam + static shock works as described, same with whispers, but it's an addition). every rune works only with a combo of another. If you got questions, ask.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  8. OriginalG1

upload_2017-2-23_10-38-26.png
    it is really breaking my noraballs that barb bolts is not split. I took a bard bolt out to try Amethyst Wing. i took storm flyer out for over charged golem & more sabotage electricity(x5).

Attached Files:

9. OriginalG1

no medal of valor? it can trigger multiple times off of AoE kills. Why no lighting rod? it lets you get around champ with one with nora and can be used like an essence drain. it is situational but tidal wave on terraformer can set up the double damage from lighting storm, add a spark charge ontop of that and you are kicking butt! I feel like to many units might be there just setting up bane blast. I honestly have not needed to use blast yet. it is just a spell, and like you said when it is on cool down you are kinda stuck in mudd.

10. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

For the dmg from spear to trigger only the friendly champ needs to be in range? Does it stack?

11. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Magnus might be better than zoalt as the split hero of the bg. paralytic strike + hammer throw is extremely dangerous.

12. OriginalG1

not sure if it stacks but with spark charge it dose 10 damage instead of 8 on deployment. Yes, only the freindly champs need be within 4 spaces of relic.
    i feel like that magnus would just bane blast cheese and not electric cheese. zoalot with void shield hunter walker, electric boost, medal of valor and healing is fun. Plus he has an electric AoE and is a shaman, so he is in theme. Magnus is a pally so he is in theme with the Ces-Spear, but so is Zoalot with being a shaman, and Zoalot can also wield staff of solstice.

13. OriginalG1

in depth with Catalyst electricity and static bracelet. the champ with Catalyst electricity, when attacked, emits an Ao3 attack at 4 damage. This triggers at every attack to the Catalyst electricity champion.

Champ with with Catalyst electricity is being attack at range, the Catalyst electricity champ is locked up with melee unit while being attack. If the ranged unit attacks the Catalyst electricity champ once the engaged melee champ will take 4 electrical damage. If the ranged unit attacks the Catalyst electricity champ twice the engaged melee champ will take 8 electrical damage. If stormreader is near by it jumps 12 damage if attacked once, and 16 damage if attacked twice.

That is why I use static bracelet. This bg has some healing, but the healing relies on non-champion healing (for the most part) witch is situational & expensive. Static Bracelet gives me a way to punish my opponent for attacking me by damaging them for attacking me rather then just relying on healing as punishment for not one turning a champion. One turning one of these champs is not hard. Static Bracelet will still get off a good amount of punishment damage if a champion is one turned. (hopefully)

Note: most catalyst abilities occur in faction that amp the catalyst damage type globally. (Frost and Psychic stand out.) The electricity amping is regional, and dependent on a champion (Stormreader) being deployed and in range to become effective. Most good players would likely attempt to kill the stormreader rather then attack the catalyst champion if possible.