Sharding legendaries and why this won't be enough to save rune accessibility

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Jan 7, 2015.

1. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

this seems like a thread worthy discussion

2. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Why not just give shard daily quests, and make each game give a small amount of shards.

Godfrog and FurionEvul like this.
  3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Only sharks love trading, people who actually look for fair trades just to get the runes they want loathe it.

Sunutsu likes this.
  4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Hey, I'm just a man trying to increase my collection. I give out runes often.

SPiEkY and DarkJello like this.
  5. Lushiris

So does Decondor with his credit pool.

Sunutsu and BurnPyro like this.
  6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

You make some of the worst comparisons I've ever heard.

7. Lushiris

Which doesn't make it unfair.

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Hey now, I'm not a shark, and I like trading.

9. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Again I say
    Get rid of trading from the game.
    It draws the game too thin and gives the power to the third party holders. Sure trading is fun when it is fair and in good spirit, but how often does that happen anymore with a rune pool this size?

Sunutsu likes this.
  10. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

If you don't like trading you can chose not to trade, but please don't take away the option for others.

SPiEkY and FurionEvul like this.
  11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The right runes rain from the heavens for you?

Sunutsu, SireofSuns and PurpleTop like this.
  12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

its not a live and let live issue. the fact that trading exists at all leads to consequences that the rest of us have to deal with to the detriment of the game.

Sunutsu, SireofSuns and PurpleTop like this.
  13. Nautilak

Nautilak Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think the part I'm getting confused about in these arguments is what players consider as the trading card game aspects of Pox Nora.

If you are specifically talking about trading as the part your upset about then that is fine.

I think the easiest solution in that case would be to allow gold and shards to be tradeable and to implement an automatic auction system.

Having trading adds a social aspect of the game that use to be rather enjoyable and I think could be again if we built the player base. The issue is that trading and rune availability are two of the issues keeping the player base from building.

That to me means that either trading needs changed or something needs changed to bring in more players to allow the greens to get a better aspect of how well trading can be with a thriving community and then go from there.

But I do not agree with 'all' the trading card game aspects being removed from Pox Nora though.

The current battle group building, rune reveals, sets, rarities, etc. are all components of TCGs that Pox Nora has. These I think are vital to Pox and what makes it stand out.

So again, if trading is the issue then I agree. Anyone but DOG ever having a monopoly on their own game for rune availability is a huge issue. One that I believe currently is killing the game.

On the other hand Pox Nora being a mix of genres I believe is one of the majors draws to me as a player that makes it stand out.

Oldmaster and SireofSuns like this.
  14. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

You are right but that's never going to happen cuz devs don't have better idea of making money.

15. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

hearthstone doesn't have trading. I hear that game makes money.

16. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

So your saying don't make better solution for this game just copy it from blizzard ?

17. FurionEvul

FurionEvul The King of Potatoes

I like the idea, shards should be added as rewards long time ago...

18. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

For people in guilds that are focused on helping and training new players, things like trading help facilitate the process. When I first started the game I got a bunch of free runes from people, and now that myself and others from my "generation" are getting established we are helping to pay it forward to other new players. :)

19. PurpleTop

this game is advertised as a turn based strategy game. But with the trading aspect and the upgrade aspect, it is trying to also be an RPG and a collectible game also. It can't be all those things at once; it runs the game thin as I said. With this much going on it is so hard for the game to progress in the healthy direction it needs to, and thus it will always be sub par to how it should be. And because of this also, third party power houses will always run the market, making trading an absolute mess for anyone else.

it was fine when there were like 400 different cards in circulation, but with where the game is now, continuing to keep the trading aspect whilst advertising as a strategy game will only give power to those damn sharks and in the end will be the downfall of the game. It's sad and almost pathetic, really.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  20. PurpleTop

and with the sharding of legendaries now available for people to make themselves, there is even less of a reason to keep trading as part of this game. So please, for the health and better of the game get rid of it.

Indijanac likes this.