Shrunken - Ninja Nerf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Just curious as to the reason for the ninja nerf to the status effect of Shrunken as it only affects 3 runes in the entire game: Hyaenid Headshrinker, Mysian Lamia, and Headshrinker's Totem.

Shrunken as on the website now and how it used to be in game: This unit has its DMG, DEF and SPD reduced by 50%.

Shrunken as it works and is described when on the new client: This unit has its DMG, DEF and SPD reduced by 3.

It's quite a sizable nerf because when you are facing a FF UD Pit Dragon with 22 DMG, cutting it to 11 DMG makes a difference. Cutting it now to 19 DMG, not so much.

If the nerf is to stay, a small Nora-cost decrease for this ability would be applauded.

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Was majestic changed?

I'd love that change if it came with a cost decrease.

3. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I don't think this was changed for the new client. I remember it being -3 on the old client as well.

It's still pretty good. Especially the -3 defense.

Tweek516 likes this.
  4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

This changed a while ago. It was a buff for the Defense reduction. A lateral change for speed and a nerf for damage.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

A few things.
    1. Yes, it was adjusted awhile back in December.
    2. The affected abilities were also already adjusted with that same patch:
      Shrink
      • Description: Target champion within 5 squares becomes Shrunken for 3 turns. (previously 3 spaces)
      Shrinking Gaze
      • Nora Cost decrease (-4)
      • Description: Opposing champions that move within 3 spaces of this unit become Shrunken for 3 turns.
      Shrinking Scion
      • Nora Cost decrease (-2)
      • Description: Until this champion moves, it has +4 DMG, +1 MAX RNG, and Shrinking Gaze
    3. The totem was also adjusted with the patch to the tune of -5 nora.
    These kind of situations are always interesting where people don't realize costs have been adjusted because it really tells me that people don't evaluate things based on effect vs cost but rather "if it got nerfed it should get a reduction" regardless of the cost to effect ratio.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    Etherielin likes this.
  6. Elric

From what you say, the rune I play, Hyaenid Headshrinker, did NOT get a Nora-cost reduction. I claim hyaenidism. Hyaenids everywhere protest your clear bias against them! ;)

Furthermore, when you compare any champ to K'ento, you feel that EVERY champ is in need of a cost reduction! 74-Nora K'ento FTW!

7. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Just 3 runes? dont forget abilities like Crushing blows runes that also inflicts Shrink. no the -dmg isnt why you use shrink, its the -spd. hopefully they doubletap/you remove AP then hit with shrink and they are kinda like stunned. add hex, stall or other annoying abilities to really make the enemy stand still.
    kinda like this
    upload_2017-6-6_10-59-10.png

8. calisk

It's how i think. I mean aside from the obvious magic noar costs like 62 that allows double deploy as player 2 in every faction, most of the nora costs are something you need to put into effevt with the entireity of your bg to reall get a feel for.

For example lets pretend we have a bg witha champ thats costed at 72 perhaps you have a prefered opening leading into a triple deploy by turn 3, then you nerf him to 74 nora and you suddenly cant do that anymore.

The champ is pretty much just as good as ever and it was a tiny nerf but until you try it in decks you can't really underatand the effects it will have.

Thus I don't really try to and just hope if x ability is nerfed it comes with y cost reduction because it's z less effective, This does assume i consider the ability correctly costed to begin with.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    Hierokliff likes this.
  9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Shrunken still op, -3 to speed damage and defense is still crazy strong.

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

You would think you would have noticed the stealth buff to RNG 5 from 3 then! Or that Shrunken changed 6 months ago ;)

To be fair, I am pretty sure the description was wrong that whole time because of reasons.

11. Elric

Nope, I definitely would NOT have noticed as I just recently returned to SP after a long journey with FW.

FW is definitely fun to play as it really has an answer for EVERYTHING...except maybe a cheap 74-Nora K'ento equipped with a 20-Nora costing Providence. ;)

12. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

doom.jpg

13. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

14. calisk

i like when players think every st player has snowblind up in every match at all times.

means when most people don't run it, it's still quite effective.

honestly unless UD or IS is dominating the meta their is usually no point to running snow blind, it just takes up deck space and never triggers in 9/10 matches other wise, of course when a new expansion hits this is always subject to change as a new target spell might get released

15. Ballballer

Stop

16. calisk

heh, you really need to play st.

st could by all means be as broken as you want to make it out to be, but snow blind is still snow blind, everyone who ever has thought the same way as you puts it in their deck when they play st and eventually finds out it doesn't do much just something sitting their for the majority of their games, nepy being the most recent that comes to mind.

this is not to say I don't use it or don't think others should use it, but I only think ti should be used if the meta is right, otherwise the slot is better used for a rune that is useful more often

Anyway like I said if you don't believe me just play ST and use it yourself....I play exlusively splits now, I really don't know why people would stick to one faction now a days, but it's fun to get a feel for everyones strong points, and to speak from some degree of experience then again if you don't play at all you have no experience i guess..

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  17. Ballballer

I played the leoss starter deck before I left and obliterated decent players. I know how good snowblind is

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Protick and Etherielin like this.
  18. calisk

Thats a joke right

19. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Nope, he's for real.

20. calisk

I have a hard time imagining tiny beating any of the better players in pox with that bg let alone baller.

The best leoss bgs i've seen barely managed to get a kill against some of my split flying bgs, some didnt even manage that