Simple change for Aspect of Divinity

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by JazzMan1221, Dec 13, 2016.

1. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Remove Immunity - Physical and give her Corporeal Form instead. Not only does shifting in and out of corporeality fit with her flavor, but it will cut her cost by a whole 7 nora, making her far more affordable. It also gives the player more control over when/how she's vulnerable, whereas Immunity is either a hard-counter or dead weight.

OriginalG1, Tweek516 and guokamoli54 like this.
  2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I support this for no reason other than it sounds reasonable. |3

3. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

also remove her awful attacks and give her charged attack instead

4. JazzMan1221

I don't mind her keeping the attacks she has, though I kinda wish she had Blast like she used to (in place of Explosive Attack). I usually just equip her with Writ of Al'mara to give her an attack, but it's true that her charges often go to waste after she's Ascended. Maybe give her Charged Blast as a best-of-both-worlds change?

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I have always had a great hatred of Radiant Blow because it costs more than its worth. That said these are the suggestions I made on the council forums about a year ago. Not all of them are great ideas anymore and some costs have changed.

Aspect of Divinity: Any of the following would make her competitive-ish.

Idea A: Overall cost reduction by 11
    Stationary to Base (-10 Nora)
    U1 changed to Teleport 1-3 (Lowers cost of upgrades by 1)

Idea B: Overall cost reduction by 9
    Immunity: Physical removed from Base. (-15 Nora)
    Phase Shift added to Base (+6 Nora)

Idea C:
    U2 changed to just Charged Blast (+2 Nora but added charge usage)

Idea D: (Roughly -18 Nora. Should be noted that Idea A lowers Charge production thus making C less effective)
    All of the above at the same time.

6. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

It'd be cool to have AoD summon Spirits after it Ascends and has so many charges. Could be something like Gravebind or Geogenesis and the spirits could have Balance. Maybe remove any direct sources of dmg so that only the summons deal dmg through Balance.

Time Bend on AoD would also be cool although DF would have to be reduced in ranks or changed to Balance, similar to Epochal Sage. While we're at it can we make Epochal Sage IS/KF and Race Elf, Spirit

7. JazzMan1221

We're looking for ways to DECREASE her cost though lol.

However if we're talking a complete redesign here, the ability to summon spirit familiars would be cool, though the whole replication thing might encroach too much on Aspect of Infinity's turf.

8. aseryen

True, there's plenty on AoD that I think could be changed, not sure why it has an attack anyway. Idt it needs a redesign was just an idea I had to get more Spirits in IS.

9. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

I do like some change to invuln physical to lessen cost but mostly i think both attacks are really unecessary and drags up her cost. Why not just give her a basic attack then and remove them both

aseryen likes this.
  10. JazzMan1221

That would make her kinda boring IMO.

11. aseryen

Ahh but removing her attacks so that she has her own Soulbind or Geogenesis ability would be a fair tradeoff, or at least one I would like to see.

It would actually be nice to have runes such as Aspects, maybe some Heroes and certain runes that were given to each faction, as the larger templates other runes are designed off of. I've suggested this before kind of.

Aspects could be given on their upgrade lines what other games would traditionally consider a class/role system. So if you want a dmg dealer you have that upgrade option, a Healer you have that, stealthed, etc, etc Two upgrade lines, and potentially 3 which is what sok's been talking about, would mean there can be up to 9 different classes/roles Aspects can be. There are only 12 Classes in Pox so technically having them all wouldn't be that far of a stretch either.

If at that point every theme has access to a Hero or access to creating their own Hero Rune or if there was a rework where Heroes, Titans, Aspects, etc had more of a Heroic or Titanic role in a bg then I think it would make balancing existing and newer runes far easier. I really want to see some epic Avatar battles and I think being able to create a hero or have Aspects, Titans, Heroes as a deployable Avatar would be great to shake up Pox.

12. aseryen

I don't want to say Plainswalkers, but yeah, pretty much make them more bad ass then the rest of the runes, like Plainswalkers, and once our Shrine gets to lvl100 we can create our own rune. I can dream.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Need robbery able to contribute dmg each round.

14. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Sok has explicitly stated that he will not be doing 3 upgrade paths.

15. aseryen

Most likely referring to me, I think I was the only one misinformed on that; but yeah good to help clear that up in any threads I may have misspoke.

16. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Tested this strange rune a bit, think it should have unequippable the whole time, its kinda glitch/bug that i can give it equipment before i hit ascendence and it can then still use the equipment afterwards.
    help me with tip on useful equipments for her, guess i should do a bg with all IS weapons and test further...
    - writ of Al'amara makes her a very good magical damage ranged unit
    expect that holy blade of valdac does the same for fire

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Train far shot for physical