Single Player Down.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anima26, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Boom! you nailed it. 1000 Fictional Forum Points

Lushiris and Thbigchief like this.
  2. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

@PoxZuo @Senshu

Same thing again, hoping for PoxZuo will be here again.
    It is happens every night on this exact time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  3. samosaara

samosaara New Member

Hey. I got an awesome idea. why don't you use a POTATO as a server. I'm sure it won't crash half as much this singleplayer server. cmo'n.
    What they said is total true. Imagine the amount of people downloading, trying to play, it's off and them downvoting at steam's page. You REALLY REALLY, NEED to fix this ASAP. [​IMG]
    And this is just the beginning

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    BurnPyro likes this.
  4. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

I could give you an exact time when it happens if it helps at all: 9pm UTC+11 (Australia Melbourne time)

5. Senshu

We know when it happens the issue is finding out why it is happening. There isn't anything that stands as to why this keeps happening, which is requiring going in and looking over all the code. This is not a fast or easy process.

6. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

What would be best to do is, at somewhere in the site or steam make this looks like it is intended and let say the single player service will be disturbed for 30min or 1hr during that period of time which PoxZuo or you could come in and do whatever you guys did for the past few days.

Older player like me during that time could also direct those new players to the announcement and they wouldn stop thinking the game is "broken"

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah, we should totally lie to them and hope they never find out.

Skeezick likes this.
  8. Senshu

That is a thought, ideally we would rather just fix the problem, but we will have to just see how things play out.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Disable the link to the forums from the Poxsite whille you're at it then. Don't want to get caught in the act

Skeezick likes this.
  10. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Is it possible to remove Steam forum and link this forum on the Steam page? it's all wasteland there and new players are freash meat for scammers and doomsayers, the little warmth on Pox comunity is on this forum.

11. Senshu

Unfortunately all games on Steam need to have their own Steam forum, and our control of that is extremely limited because they are under Steam's jurisdiction. If we discover a way to insert our forums then that would be a definite possibility.

Etherielin and Kampel like this.
  12. Gunblazer42

Gunblazer42 New Member

I'm pretty sure that you can send a notice or whatever to Steam to give a developer's Steam account a [developer] tag, and from there you can make mods and sticky threads.

If someone on the team has a Steam account, they can be tagged with [developer] and you can go from there.

13. Senshu

Yeah, we are working on that, but I was more responding to the notion of that we can't replace the Steam forums with this forum.

14. killonja

killonja Member

Single player is down again...

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Zzzzzzz

cmon, seriously

16. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

@Senshu Single Player is down again, does it have anything to do with the "ghost" games that end up piling up overnight? theres always a handful, atleast, of games that have gone on and on for like 24hrs or more in Single Player. Maybe theyre the culprits?

Ill add that, two days ago i was playing a Skirmish late at night just farming away and my laptop decided to die on me in the middle of a Skirmish match, it was late so i thought meh ill just go to bed. The next day i came onto Pox to play some games and at one point i was playing Skirmish mode, i noticed my own username in the list of active games, i was apparently in a skirmish and had been for 36+ hours. There was no way for me to rejoin and surrender it or complete it, i couldnt spectate it either, it was just hanging there lagging up the server i would imagine. Maybe this is part of the issue? Just a thought.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

This is embarrassing.

BurnPyro and hfok like this.
  18. Senshu

It is back up, there isn't much we can do until we can find the bug that is causing this. It is far more complicated than restarting a server.

19. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Keep at it, i believe in the heart of the cards.

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

^About time for a SpongeBob rainbow meme.