Single player is not currently possible.

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by dbouya, Mar 11, 2014.

1. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

opened client, logged in, tried to find a place to create a single player game for myself... and it's not part of the ui at all... so... even if the bot server is fixed ... there's no way to get a game versus an ai campaign bot.

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Is this still an issue?

3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

It is. If you can somehow get to start a game, that's not even the major issue. Turns chug along with 5+ sec lag between input and I got disconnected from the server a bunch of times.

The walkthroughs worked fine last time I tried. Dailies are 50/50. Everything else is nigh unplayable.

4. KTCAOP

Alright, will keep that in mind and I'll see if I can get to testing/observing later today to see if I can identify what might be causing it. If anyone else has ideas, hints, or what not (for example, clearly creep and crawl was game breaking), please del free to post.

5. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Tried to do first daily, played 3 turns, game froze. Exactly same thing as yesterday with the creep & crawl.

6. KTCAOP

Was there a moga slinger deployed?

7. Morfeas

I wouldn't give you my word for it, but it wasn't 3 turns actually it was more like the AI had 8 or so champs deployed. So yeah, I think Slinger was one of them.

8. KTCAOP

I believe Aim is currently the reason for it. I was able to beat that daily, but I used the slip water deck to make sure I could drown the slinger.

9. Morfeas

You should reply to posts, so we get the quote notif, not just the reply one ;)

10. KTCAOP

but so much effort >_> =P

11. dbouya

earlier in the day none of the single player UI was even part of the client to start a singleplayer game... now though I cannot connect at all ... maybe I should try reinstalling but I just installed it yesterday so maybe the servers are down atm?

12. KTCAOP

They were taken down for only a few (2-5) minutes. I believe everything should be working at the moment.

13. dbouya

it was roughly a 10-12hours span I was checking and couldn't find the singleplayer campaign in the UI at all. during that time the chatrooms and multiplayer worked.... right now testing again though I cannot connect at all to the game.

14. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

How? I can't even log in...

15. dbouya

I left the login screen frozen for like 5-10minutes and it logged me in, and the singleplayer portions of the UI were back. Starting a daily froze the client everywhere except the chatbar... the chatbar has 4seconds of lag in respond to my input and the screen has now been frozen otherwise for minutes not responding to clicks, starting the game, or letting me do things like change lobby....

I'll try again at 4am tomorrow to see if having no one online makes it playable (right now 100s are online and maybe the servers just can't handle it?) from 2am-noon there weren't many people online and I was able to login and chat with people a bit (although the ui for campaigns and dailies was missing then and I've since reinstalled)

edit: closed client and logged back in, logged in fairly smoothly but now singleplayer campaigns are missing from the UI again... I guess they've been turned off

editedit: now it works!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  16. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

Please give it another shot. The patch we just deployed to the server should resolve many of the issues we've been seeing recently with server stability. We'll be monitoring things closely over the next 24 hours just to be sure.

uaChakra likes this.
  17. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Game just froze on dayly number 1 when Isangoma was deployed.

18. KTCAOP

Was there a Moga Slinger?

19. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

dont remember.. :/ there were lots of mogaz

20. dbouya

everything working perfectly for me today, haven't seen any moga slingers though.