Skeezick Whorl is bugged

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Excalibur95, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

Lots of times this has happened, the skeezick whorl gets stuck unable to move. sometimes repulsion fails.

Situation A - two (i think just one at times too) enemy units walk next to whorl, his repulsion does not work on them (a separate bug i think) and then the whorl even with max ap cannot move away, cannot move anywhere he is stuck, there are no conditions etc that are stopping him, he has free paths through terrain.. could be because repulsion failed, maybe a clue.

Situation B - whorl is at font, friendly relic behind him, enemy in front of him, un-passable terrain in front of enemy.. the repulsion obviously does not work, whorl gets stuck full 9 ap cannot move even though there are free spaces to its left and right, it just cant move. was exactly the same next turn, i just gave up... no conditions, abilities or anything was stopping him moving.

i cant be the only person who has had this problem with the whorl. i should have screen shot the map wasnt sure how to add pics here.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  2. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Whorl just got engaged.

Repulsion try to move the enemy. The path is locked but the move event got launched. At the end of the event the system check for unit engaged... and find your whorl...

3. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Bump.

And can somebody say if it is WAI?

4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

This is working as intended. Here's what happens:
    1. Repulsion target engaged to whorl is disengaged from it.
    2. It tries to move 2 tiles away but is blocked.
    3. Since it hasn't moved at all, it re-engages the whorl.

5. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

I understand how it works, but is it WAI? It seems counter intuitive.

If not, this should probably be on the bottom of the list, since Whorl is super efficient as it is.

6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

It's definitely working as designed, seeing how repulsion is not a knockback but forced movement. I'd risk a wager it's WAI as well.