Skeezicks

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Keku, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Keku

Keku The King of Potatoes

Anyone has been succesful lately with them? Any idea of what are the optimal runes to run?

2. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

I have an unfinished skeezick guide around here and my deck posted. I do okay. All though I took out my warcry units which are apparently mandatory, I just find them overcosted now with the needs they got.

3. Keku

Keku The King of Potatoes

oh i'll check it out, thanks!

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

skeezick are pretty top tier atm

5. Zidiana

Zidiana The King of Potatoes

I just started using them again after making a mixed bg to get gold. They seem strong. Whorl, Netters and Bolter are good ranged. Blackguard and General are good melee and they've got plenty of utility.

6. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

not to mention master trapsmith

7. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

I am also interested in how ppl are playin sleezick these days lol

I have the usual suspects and a couple 1 ofs.

What else you guys playin with?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  8. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Just remember that Rageband only works on 1-2 range champs now.

9. guokamoli54

Um sad day no more supet cannon skeez lol still good on blackguard tho for sure

10. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Yeah... You might want to run more melee Skeezick in your bg there. That's a lot range to make use of 2x Rageband.

11. guokamoli54

Ya this was posted pre patch so ive made a few changes since then now lol

12. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Skeezick looking top tier st he moment. They can counter skele decks pretty easily.

13. guokamoli54

This is what I am currently playing around with. The only thing im not really sure about is if I should play a second Drummer everything else seems good tho. Thoughts?

Attached Files:

14. guokamoli54

Is that mainly due to Rioter or some other reasons? Obviously SL defense plays a part in negating alot of the chip shots skeletons can take at you as well. And if you play Alchemist and Machinist the bombs help fight multiple weak skellies at once so that helps. Anything else?

15. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

[​IMG]

I'm running a bit more range and no warcry so the second drummer is there to compensate.
    Revolt is an amazing source of meat. It makes the bg a bit weak to anti-summon stuff so Dragonfear is there for those annoying ritual champs.
    Can only recommend Valdaci Sentries and the Resilient with Commander. Cheap and hard to kill guys with ways of making everything else deal more damage.

Skeletons are manageable due to those reasons exactly plus Reforge is really nice for Bone Circle Staffs and Tornado hecks their relic spam.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  16. Dolcebrodude

Update because skeezick got me to battlemaster:

[​IMG]

Vanguard so good you'll want two just for Lead The Charge.
    Alchemist with Skeezick Alliance for strong bombs as an answer to majestic evasive superchamp bullpuckery.
    Taint works with bombs and Revolt so yeah.
    Triggers are maybe too situational but also just cheap enough to run anyway.
    Drummer with Flourish is an absolute mvp.

17. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

No Half Skeezick? Warcry seems really good to pass on..
    Two Triggers? What upgrades you run on those?
    No Waylay?

18. Dolcebrodude

I find Half Skeezick a bit too pricey and too conditional source of ap and damage generation compared to the Vanguard. One can run only so many 6 speed physical semi-tanks. Secondly, I suspect this preference has to do with my tendency to shoot things and only engage with the Revolt mooks.
    However to be fair, I have not used the Halfie for a month now, maybe if I tried him again he'd be okay. I also did try the Battle Harden 3 build but it seemed a bit meh for it's price while essentially being warbanner 2.0.

Triggers are there for Relic Overload and Relic Overload only. Alt damage and 10 + Skeezick Alliance ranged damage is not terrible but they are here to spike the matchup against FW, UD, traps and the like. At the very least they ping off warbanners. Phalanx Marker has this neat property of not dying to two Overloads. When not feeling like beating FW I just run Bolters instead, the Reinforce + Lead the Charge combo is nice.

Waylay I have looked at and it's kinda cool for being another source of cheap meat alongside Revolt but the meat is kinda low quality itself and I'd rather Cancel Magic after clearing a font. Might test it more though.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    4NIK8 likes this.
  19. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

This is what i run with high success. Half skeezick was explained by Dolce. I dropped him a long long time ago though. Let me know if you need explanations. Some of the stuff is once again covered by Dolce.

Attached Files: