Skelly mania

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by super71, Apr 20, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Can't remember who said skellys were bad, but here's my current bg i've used for my last 10 games.

x2 blackblade baron- barely deploy him but he's a nice include
    x2 bone circle archmage- deployed a lot especially early game for augment creation
    x2 bone slave- Deployed a lot he's cheap, can engage while you pew pew with range as most people don't wanna kill it because of death nova and skelly spawns. Usually use them as fodder and to stop the rush so my skellys can build up.
    x2 bonemauler- One of my favorite skellys runes, get's damage up quick from augment, splintering, bone mine, and drive from tomb lord.
    x2 boneshredder- tanks and what not/cloak of skulls
    x2 bonewing- Always deployed, my favorite champ for cloak of skulls as he has elusive and not many people wanna smack him and summon those shredders. Dread is awesome and helps mitigate a ton of damage along with hex and mindwipe from archmage.
    x2 broken bones- Rarely actually gets an attack off because he's slow but he's good early game for grabbing side fonts and getting a double deploy early. Beware of iron fist and the medal shenanigans
    x2 tomb lord- Summon skelly 3, and drive. I picked drive because bone wing has boost already.
    x1 xulos the glorious- Sufficiently tanky with vitality creation and drain, death pact for problematic champs.

Spells
    x1 dark rising
    x1 mobolization
    x1 doom

That's it, I don't run many spells because I tend to overuse them in dumb situations and a deploy is always better, the game also has many spell counters in each faction.

Relics

x1 altar of bones
    x1 bone mine
    x1 banner
    x2 graveyards
    x1 skull of decay- I hate the heals
    x1 tome of hate
    x1 unholy tomb- You know what it is

Equips

x1 bone circle staff
    x1 cloak of skulls

2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I said Skelly's are bad, but wasn't plAying them with attrition in mind.

You just need a bunch of meat, and let unholy tomb, tome of hate, decay/skull of healing to do their work.

Runes which I find help are :

Skeleton bezerker , skeleton excavator they offer alot of cheap meat, then u take elasari exchange relic for shrine exertion. Also toll taker for tariff and corruption. Soul reave and ed too.

3. DiCEM0nEY

I've been winning alot with attrition decks, they crush SL. I have trouble vs early deploying grimlics so far.

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I'm not a fan of skeleton berserker because of short lived, also skellys have better cheaper options and scorn a bg that takes a lot of damage from graveyard is a no go for me. Excavator is good but situational and not useful besides seism and slothful slows my skelly rush style down exponentially.

Why is shrine exertion even useful unless it's a turn 1 draw ?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  5. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

you hate healing? did we just become best friends?

The elasari bazaar gives you a discount on other relics, equipments, and can be seism protection for more valuable relics. You never know when or how you will need one ap or 2 ap. Shrine exertion on Xulos or any one is useful. Even if you take tome of hate out for bazaar, -10 to -20 hp probably won't lose you game if you are in good shape. Think of it as a spot, micro, price of victory. Not a game winner, but it can be. You are using mobi though, and that might be enough ap gen.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  6. DiCEM0nEY

The fw bonus benefits from your own units dying, so use it to deal global damage. Skeletal bezerkers for 29 Nora are op in attrition (the style every fw player plays due to bonus).

Basically you try to make the game last as long as possible, and eventually you will win. Skelly rush isn't as good as attrition, since they get no bonus. (From my experience) along with the lerper gut weakening the rush. You can use broken bones as well as bezerkers, and a serkan.

I'd honestly just focus on attrition. I feel like playing skeletons is just something people do to prove it is viable, but attrition is stronger.