Skyrim

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Aug 29, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

just defeated Miraak

[​IMG]

Lushiris and darklord48 like this.
  2. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

What is the most fun way to play this game? Does parrying actually work (like blocking with a weapon)? I just made a cute lil orc. I don't think I've played more than 10 hours of this game despite me having it for quite some time. Could I beat this game using only 1 dagger (from start to finish)?

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

blocking blows, using two single handed weapons is by far the most advantageous.

And you can, it would just take you ages.

4. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Ah, I miss them days in skyrim as a norse warrior with blue war paint and my duel nordic axes. A bow to shoot down runners during fort missions. A long claymore for one on one. All in the name of the emperor because ulfric is such a whinny *******.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Firk ulfric

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I've done all the deadric quests, killed miraak, done thieves guild, dark brotherhood, compagnions, killed off the vampires, murdered every stormcloack in cold blood, thane in all nine thingies.

What is my purpose? I want more. Please, more. Are there like thalmor related missions (aside from the main quest)? Can I go fight them? I pretty much despise the main quest, so I only do it when I'm utterly bored.

Yeah I pretty much only do quests, halp me.

7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Have you found all the shouts? Also the falmer caves are kinda fun, but there are no quests related. Since you asked I'm spoiling: The only big fight vs the Thalmor is in Northwatch, other than that just those weirdos you enconter on the road.

Oh yea, did you get the pirate armor and scimitars in Dragonborn?

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Got the pirate armor, can mine the stahlrim, got them duo scimis.

What's the northwatch thingy?

9. Lushiris

Whiterun quest, talk to the gray-mane grandma in the weapon/jewelry stall. There's a big chance you already did it, or at least started.

Also again, finding all the shouts is REALLY time consuming, looks like that's what you're looking for so.. You can talk to the greybeard guy so he points some for you, and sometimes a courier will give you a letter with the location.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  10. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

play oblivion now - not as good looking as skyrim, but holy Bane Shift is there a ton of stuff to do. Probably more than there was in skyrim for quests and all that. And think of how fun it would be to discover all the different kind of weapons and armor again like it was in skyrim. Plus shivering isles is like the best dlc.

or morrowind - Fu cking huuuuuge. I was too much of a little baby meatwad to know how good this game is.

or just mod the Bane Shift out of skyrim.

19madfox95 likes this.
  11. Lushiris

Yea after Skyrim I finished Morrowind(leanerd about TES when I bought Morrowind for my cousin, little idiot never played it), then Oblivion. Oblivion is just amazing, would be crazy if it had Skyrim's graphics and radiant quests.

Yea @MEATMAN , morrowind is insanely vast. My ultra fast khajiit pretty much ignored those mountains though.

12. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I remember watching my brothers play the game mostly and tried only recently before I lost my saves. But I remember some boots that made you wicked fast but blurred your vision. I think oblivion graphics are decent, but if it were skyrim then oh boy. I honestly think oblivion quests are even better than most skyrim quests by how many quest lines there actually are in oblivion

13. Lushiris

Yea, sadly khajiit can't use boots, but mine was faster than those anyway. The only boring thing is when you get rich, money means power big time in morrowind.

14. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Download the mod Falskaar; it doesn't have any prereq requirements and it adds an entire new island with a questline and dozens of mini side quests. It is easy to install, low on performance requirements and TONS of fun. Hell, talking about it makes me wanna play it again

Other than that I suggest doing the Lost to the Ages quest to get some cool equipment (go to uesp.net to learn more about it), or get all the dragon masks in skyrim to earn the super dragon mark. There are also three additional dragon masks in solsthsteim if you haven't already found those too.

There are some fun dragonborn sidewuests in solsthteim too, like lost legacy where you can learn a new shout

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Hmm. I'm tempted to do an entirely new playthough.. again. I spend about 100 hours on this one, level 49. It's just..

SO MANY CHOICES THAT MAKE FOR A WHOLE NEW GAME IF I DO STUFF DIFFERENTLY

skyrim + 3 dlcs for 7,99. never gonna stop thanking gaben for that sale

16. PurpleTop

The enemies in falskaar are leveled properly, so at 49 it shouldn't be too easy. That's how most of the enemies in the game should be anyway.

If you are gonna start over, you should use the Live another life mod. Also there are mods that add more enemies to areas like forts and bandit camps to make the game more difficult and interesting. you should look into those. one is called OBIS

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I might look into that new island mod, altho i'm not a fan of mods really. Dunno why.

Yeah I used the "live another life" mod this time as well. Started out brotherhoody, I think. I'm feeling some sneaky guy with some vampire powers. I've done a mage and a full heavy armor beater redguard. Gotta do them all. So.Much.Fun.

18. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

yeah the best part about those games is making a character and then thinking 'what would my guy do in this situation'

not as many dialogue options from what I can remember, but still can choose what to do.

19. PurpleTop

If you want a real challenge, start a new character (with the live another life mod, obvy :p) and go full alchemist sneak. I have an irl notebook full of alchemy recipes that i make just so i can find the most powerful, fun or kinky blend. then sneak up and plant them on people, or use a dagger, and watch them suffer.

But yeah the cool thing about falskaar island mod is it doesnt really even feel like a mod. It feels like a dlc; very professionally done. The kid who made it actually got a job with bethesda because of it. It's also constantly updated so it won't die out, go outdated or crash your system. If you don't like mods (for whatever reason), but you want new stuffs, this is still a great pickup. Heck, if you haven't played it you truly haven't gotten the full skyrim experience

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Just some corrections.
    False. He wanted a job at Bethesda, but he ended up at Bungie.
    False/True. It's not constantly updated, he released his final version long ago. It will not however crash your system, nor is it full of bugs. He has gone over the data for the mod repeatedly with multiple tools, and has since concluded that if there is a bug that occurs; it is from a faulty mod interaction. This version is the final version with no bugs, and/or crashes. He did go on to say that it can be patched/updated if needed, but he has so far yet to do so after it's final release as it hasn't been needed. (I speculate that what he meant by patched/updated is if someone makes something that directly conflicts with it for some one unknown reason he will try to get them both to work if that is ever needed.)

PurpleTop's right though, the mod is a work of art.

You should also install Wyrmstooth.