Skyrim

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Aug 29, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oh sweet summer child..

TeaNinja and IMAGIRL like this.
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

True Elder Scrolls fans play Daggerfall.

3. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

-___________________-

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You have been enlightened.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Started another playthrough, khajiit. Going to try and stay away from only doing quests. Gonna run around and shank people and steal their Bane Shift. Not necessarily in that order.

edit

I never looked at it like roleplaying, I just did whatever I thought would benefit me the most. Never played DnD and whatnot I guess. I've got my character worked out a bit, going to try to only do what this kitty would do. Dunno how it will go, but it seems like fun.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    SPiEkY likes this.
  6. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

be sure to reply in your head to things people say, in your cat's way of thinking. Sadly, the options are not always there.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I just wrestled/slammed a guy down to the ground. Mothafukin breadcrumbs!

I mean, pur pur mothafoka.

8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

do cats have superior hand to hand skills in skyrim like they did in oblivion? I believe that was the khajit

if so, wrastle dem ****s and pin them into submission until they give you their gold.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

They do, much so that you can make a build out of it. I had a Heavy Armor, Sorcerer Khajiit that would default to some good old fashion brawling when his barrage of spells ran out of magicka. I can post the build if you want. Was fun as hell to play.

10. PurpleTop

Check out the small but perky Dance of Death mod

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You and your mods.

My khajiit has a dream. Started as a simple caravan guard near markarth, crossed the lanes stealing from hunters and running from sabrecats/bears (seriously I forgot what ****s these were) making it all the way to Riften. Home of the petty thieves.

TeaNinja and SPiEkY like this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Archers must be by far the worst role. Dual swords are just hella overpowered and mage in all forms anahilates people. Bow and arrow feels so clucky and low on damage. I need to hit people multiple times at lvl50 archer while I just onecombo them with double swords at lvl21 onehanded.

Like come on. The game is actually testing with bow and arrow, but more because it blows and I can get powerattacked constantly in close corners.

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

The Bow & Arrow is actually really powerful, but must be done strategically in close quarter. This is a really fun build. I favor a more open playstyle (Atronach, instead of Undead), but keep just enough Sneak to use Illusion, and Sneak attacks with bows when needed/wanted. Still, very fun.

If you want more information, there's 3 primary tips for this build concerning the Bow, Illusion, and order.

14. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

I find stealthy archers hilariously OP. You sneak, shoot, eventually use illusion to help sneak again and repeat. Not that hard actually. However it blows if you cast invisibility behind a rock and npcs are still 100% able to see you. Doesnt make sense to me.

I'm currently on a level 66 full mage again. I train in non-mage skills because they are low and thus cheap and use all schools of magic. My spellcasting is supported by Midas Magic though. One spell for every school. Like for example in Restoration I got a +150 Feather spell (which should really be Alteration) and Mark&Recall in Alteration.
    Opposing wizards are still a problem though. I dont usually dish out enough damage to effectively kill them while they throw two fireballs at me and I die. Or just one of those Ice storm things (heavily OP).
    What I do then is stagger them and use Paralyze then use that gap to actually kill them off.

PurpleTop likes this.
  15. PurpleTop

It's worth checking out.... trust me. Makes those kill scenes more customizable / epic.

Also, which starting scenario did you use for your khajiit?

I haven't played in a while.... my laptop has been slowly fading into darkness. When i move out to California for my new job I should be buying a desktop

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The caravan one. Guess who started in markarth and crossed the lands to riften? This idiot. Did start out thieving in markarth though. The starting ones don't really matter that much, just rids you of an hours of boring intro.

And same, playing on a laptop that needs round the clock cooling to run skyrim. Once I get a desktop my life will be complete.

17. PurpleTop

Eh some of the starting scenarios can give you decent items/capital, depending on where they drop you off. My alchemist started with a house in markarth and it was fully furnished and there were a bunch of dwarven weapons lying around in there

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

My starting scenario was always a banker from Boston.

PurpleTop likes this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

starting with property is some ***** Bane Shift

20. PurpleTop

Depends on how you like to play the game

I do the same thing you did with your kajiit

My character inherited his house in Markarth when his father died. He was always a little addicted to drugs , mead and potions, but when he was given capital and a house the addiction became a fiery hobby. He mixes potions and poisons and tests them on the locals, sneaking around and poking them with daggers dipped in his mixtures. He sells them to local alchemists to make more money, but always keeps the good ones for himself

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015