Skyrim

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

you know what, i've never played Skyrim before, but I watched some gameplay videos and I wonder how ! I really like the look of it.

PurpleTop likes this.
  2. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Ok cool thanks for the vid, ill watch it when I have time (probably when I get back to school on saturday).... Thing is tho is I am about to start a new file, but I don't want to delete the old ones. I guess you did confuse me a bit.... I think we are using different terminology. When you say "clear your save", you mean reset any mod data, skyrim settings AND delete my old saves. Am I right?

And I'd still like an example of what types of mod data I would have to reset if you could

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I bought it for 7 bucks on steam like 8 months ago. Only played two hours on it. I don't know. It's great but it doesn't captivate me more than an online game as csgo or league where I compete vs others.

4. PurpleTop

It's a separate type of game, where you can do literally whatever you want. That's why i like it; I like how there are no other people playing with me. It makes it different and is casual to the point of no competition.

5. Chemical22

Chemical22 I need me some PIE!

I'm looking forward to a NextGen Elder Scrolls or Fallout. Already have my PS4 primed and ready.

I've put in about 300-400 hours each on both Oblivion and Skyrim. Not to mention the hours I put into Morrowind back in the day. I still have not completed any of those - but I really don't mind. I read an interesting article about large open world games and the psychology of completing the game (or respectively, not completing)... and I've kind of come to grips that it is OK not to finish the game and instead just immerse yourself into the world.

I've been playing a lot of Dragon Age Inquisition to fill the gap right now (fantastic game in its own right). I'm sure I'll pick up Skyrim at some point and continue on the adventure!

PurpleTop likes this.
  6. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Oblivion was my all time favorite game, have completed Skyrim as far as completing Skyrim can go (all the non-random stuff). Top 5 game for me.

Edit: PC obviously, console peasants.

IMAGIRL and PurpleTop like this.
  7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Any game in general should be played on PC. For any Bethesda game though it is a Must. Too much random Bane Shift happening in the code to not use the ironically name "Console Commands" to fix the bugs. Store Owner just up, and dissapered? Respawn him, reset his AI, and let him be on his way.

I can't tell you how many times I tried to find Walter in Fallout 3, only to use the Spawn console command on myself to spawn next to him, only to find his dead body under the world because he clipped through it.......

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Firk you pt, I was perfectly happy not playing this game. Then ranked went down and I was like, eh why not

that was 6 hours ago.

Anyhow. Any tips for a scrub? General tips and things I should look out for?
    Also, two handed weapons rule, just sayin'

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/65509623 Probably your best bet for fast tips. NOTE: There are some spoilers.

If you don't wish to use that; just ask an I will fill you in as fast, as I can without spoilers.

A couple things to note. Both Light Armor, and Heavy Armor, can reach max Defenses. 80% Reduction to physical attacks. With Heavy armor, you will just trade agility for the extra defenses early. Not worth Imho. Armor is calculated at 0.12% Per armor point.

Depending on Shield skills, it can also achieve an 80% Reduction. Arrow hits you for 100 dmg, at max is 20 dmg done. If arrow hits you while you are shielding it is (100-80%) -80% =4

Magic Resist,a nd Fire/Frost/Shock resist are NOT the same thing, they do not stack, but they do overlap like Shield + Armor.

If you are to take spell damage, the system checks in this order. Spell Absorption, Magic Resist, Elemental Resist.

If you have a form of spell absorption you can absorb the full thing. If you do not it reacts the same as armor, and shield.

100 dmg Fireball 80% Magic Resist is 20. If you also have Fire resist. (100-80%) -80% =4

Don't worry about messing up your perks, you can reset them later if you have DLC. Do not spread yourself too thin. Pick between 5-7 Skills to use overall, but focus 3 of those for the majority of the game. Lvls 1-30 or so.

Stamina is not important, as you can both run, and use power attack with at least 1 stamina. You can abuse the system by making Vegetable Soup at a fire-pit.

Ingrediants.
    1x Cabbage
    1x Potato
    1x Leek
    1x Tomato

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  10. PurpleTop

my only tip is, if you are using weapons as opposed to magic, max enchanting. That is one of the most useful perk trees by far to pair with warriors.

also make sure to know what you want to specialize in. If you start in too many perk trees your character will run too thin and it will be hard for you in mid to later levels

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I like warrior thingies more. Never been that much of a mage guy.

Just killed them first dragon and shouted so all the villagers started wanking. It's pretty baller.
    Also, the music and overal graphics are *****ing.

Btw considering items. Any general rules on what to pick up and whatnot?
    I tend to pick up the costy things (50+ gold atm) to sell cause I'm a jew. I keep all the weird potions and gems cause who knows. I'm pretty fat most of the time though and working out is not an option.

13. Sammich

Sammich Member

Make sure you talk to the weirdo viking mercenaries in that first town - if you like warrior thingies, they've gotcha covered. We're talkin' .... well, spoilers, so...

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You might invest in Stamina a bit them, Helps your carry weight. In term of what weapons do the damage, it is also based upon swing time. Though all 1 Handed, and all 2 Handed are pretty balanced around themselves, so it is up to you about your flavor. Where stuff gets tricky is Daggers, and Bows. Where Bows are generally DPS, and Draw Speed is a huge factor. The more dmg the bow does, the longer the draw time. You should stick with a Hunting Bow for a good portion of the game if you use them on your Warrior.

Sword>Axe>Mace
    Broadsword>Battle Axe> Warhammer.

Something to note.

The Bladesman for swords is utterly useless. It criticals the swords base damage. Not the dmg that is boosted, either by leveling up your one-handed or buffs. Even with the best sword in the game it will only give you +7dmg. Ignore it for something else.

ANYTHING in the Block skill tree that does not state "Shield" Will also apply if your are blocking with a 2-Handed weapon. So you can still get some utility, and boosting from the tree. Look at UESP, Blocking / 2-Handed for more info.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

oh and pt, how do these perks thingies work?

I'm leveling health and stamina when I lvl, do I need to go to some wizard to train enchants?

16. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Best Skyrim memory: First DLC where you can either become a vampire or fight them. I chose to fight them since I was already a werewolf(you can become one btw) and I was at a stage where we were raiding a castle at night and I turned into a werewolf and killed so many vampires and their pets, then I turn around and my fellow comrades called me hellspawn and killed me :D

RIP

Edit: Still a super cool lore I made up for my character. He was a vampire hunter who was a werewolf.

Basically you can do whatever you love in skyrim and that's what has made me complete it 8 different times with 8 different stories of heroes and villains.

My favorite is either the Vamp hunter Werewolf or my Orc Warmage who helped the weak and defeated the corrupt

9.5/10 game for sure.

TeaNinja likes this.
  17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

btw, mvp that horse that brought me all the way from whiterun to the grewbeards

holy hell

18. PurpleTop

Training enchanting is really easy, but you need to have a way to fill soul gems. Usually you can find the "soul tap" spell from wizard salesmen, or you can find soul tapping items that you can disenchant or use to captures souls that are used for enchanting. Then once you have a lot of soul gems, enchanting levels up really fast. Or yeah some wizards can train you too. Look for soul gems, both empty and full, and use those. Best google it and use UESP wiki to learn more, it's a little in depth but REALLY useful. Especially for warriors

19. PurpleTop

You fill soul gems by killing soul tapped creatures btw, and you soul tap by using the soul tap spell or a soul tap enchanted weapon. I usually designate one of my weaker one handed weapons to do soul tapping alone, and just use it to do the final blow. There is an easy way to get a free soul tapping mace by doing the "abandoned house" quest in markarth.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

played 13 hours on end

Firk all you guys

anhow, great game, sometimes the moving around is boring, but w/e. I'm going to sleep