Skyrim

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Aug 29, 2014.

1. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

yeah it can literally eat up your whole day. It can be tedious to do some of the grindy stuff but it's generally pretty rewarding.

What race did you choose?

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I picked nord months ago, so I just continued with that.

From what I recall, they're the warrior kind of type. So that's dope. Been slaying some random dragons I've been encountering.

Best.thememusic.ever.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

My Razer Deathadder 2013 even stopped working. Skyrim, y u do dis

4. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

made in china

5. PurpleTop

Orcs are great for warriors too. But yeah nords rule. If you plan to ever start another file (which I highly suggest you do after a good amount of play time), you should get the "live another life" mod. There are so many options for you available when you do that you can get to some really interesting starting points, with a variety of different resources available to you. Also it allows you to skip that long opening scene.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I defeated aldiun on with the nord. Skipt pretty much every side quest ever though. Although I ended up being a vampire and no idea why, but okay.

Thinking of doing a new run now with another race and actually do sidequests and whatnot.

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I always play Wood Elf in Elder Scrolls games, and save the main quest for later. I think I did Dark Brotherhood first, and it was pretty amazing.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

High Elf now, thought magic would be boring.

Boy I've never been so wrong.

TeaNinja, IMAGIRL and SPiEkY like this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

got this weird bug where I see some objects only when im super close to them, whole pieces of the screen go invisble.

Guess I'm back to league

10. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

How can you play high elf? They don't love our gods!

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

fu

12. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

firk?

13. PurpleTop

The Apocalypse Magic mod is a fantastic and immersive mod that adds tons of new spells of every type to each school of magic, and they are generally not OP at all; very balanced. If you are on a PC and are experimenting with magic, you should give it a shot!

Also enchanting is just as important to mages as it is to warriors, so focus on that if you can (specifically the skill enchantments). Also, to make the most out of being a mage you do NOT want to waste any skill points in any sort of armor (light or heavy armor trees).... Instead invest into the Alteration tree and get all three Mage Armor perks.... As well as magic resistance. Super useful for mages. Essential, really

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

thanks

so far been putting points only in destruction and speech (cause more money?), been wondering what to do

15. PurpleTop

Speech is clutch. I also suggest using clothes (or armor) that you find that have strong enchantments for as long as you can before disenchanting them or trying to use your own enchanted items, because until later enhanting levels and without black/grand soulgems, your enchantments will be considerably weaker.

As a side note, The Black Star is an EXTREMELY useful quest as a mage or any sort of enchanter because you can get a RE-USEABLE black soul gem... called the Black Star. Follow the quest and return to Nelecar at the end to get this reward. Otherwise you get the Azura's star, which isn't as useful.

Also smithing tree is auto for warriors.

TeaNinja likes this.
  16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

quest any hard for a level 16 noob?

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Plenty, the problem is the game assumes equal distribution in leveling. Assuming your min/maxing the game should be reasonably easy to do throughout. You can always increase the difficulty slider if you want. Keep in mind, the difficulty setting only effects you directly. Specifically how much damage you deal, and take. More down below. Just know that it is a valid thing to do if you find the game to hard, or easy.

Difficulty Settings
    There are 6 difficulty settings, accessible from the Journal (Journal > System > Settings > Gameplay): Novice (very easy), Apprentice (easy), Adept (normal), Expert (hard), Master (very hard), and Legendary (pro).

• Easier settings cause your attacks to be more powerful and enemies' attacks to be less powerful. The only other effect it has on the game is on the health costs of the Equilibrium spell.
    • You can change the difficulty level at any time, even in the midst of combat. If you are having difficulty with a certain enemy or group of enemies, you can adjust to an easier setting, kill the enemy, and then immediately return to your previous level.
    • Reducing the difficulty level can prove especially useful if you have leveled-up by increasing a large proportion of non-combat skills. This can result in facing more difficult enemies while you have insufficient offensive or defensive skills. After working to strengthen your combat-related skills (offensive, defensive, or both) you can try returning to a more difficult level if you like.
    Novice
    The easiest setting. However, playing at this level can still present challenges to inexperienced players. You can still die pretty easily in battles with some of the harder enemies, such as dragons and giants, especially at lower levels.

Apprentice
    Somewhat harder than Novice. A good setting for many first-time players, and certainly challenging against some of the stronger enemies you will encounter.

Adept
    The default difficulty for Skyrim. Most players will need to understand and employ some of the basic advice in this guide to survive Skyrim on this setting.

Expert
    A difficult level. It is suitable for experienced players looking for more challenge in the game.

Master
    This was the most difficult setting upon release. Few players can survive long at this level unless familiar with advanced strategies in combat, skill and leveling management, and taking time to acquire and maintain useful resources and powerful equipment. There is little room for error or experimentation for most players at this level.

Legendary
    With version 1.9 of the Official Skyrim Patch, Legendary difficulty is now available as an even greater level of difficulty than Master. At this level, it is advised you develop methods for evasively dispatching enemies prior to engaging them in battle, as unprepared adventurers will be hard-pressed to survive an encounter with even the most innocuous foes, and will suffer a quick, humiliating death against powerful creatures like dragons.

Difficulty Level Summary Table
    Difficulty Dmg Dealt/ Dmg Taken

Novicex 200% / 50%
    Apprentice 150% / 75%
    Adeptx 100% / 100%
    Expertx 75%/ 150%
    Masterx 50% / 200%
    Legendary 25% / 300%

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    TeaNinja likes this.
  18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm at apprentice now. It's a tad easy except for the hard bosses (Firk draugr deathlord or whatever).

Just did that quest where I search 3 books for the wizard librarian. Lotta exp for that. I'm starting to get the hang of how the game works bit by bit.

Except Windhelm. Seriously, Firk windhelm. Can't find anything in that town without pressing map every two seconds. Locked up the wizard by mistake as well. That was giggles.

TeaNinja likes this.
  19. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

windhelm...wtf was that place again?

20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

As a sneaky little dagger-lover, I know all the cities and their surrounding area like the back of my hand, after having to escape a few times.

TeaNinja and PurpleTop like this.