Skyrim

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Aug 29, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

snow everywhere, where the killings are going on at night. Behold ladies. Also stormcloack castle.

Bonus: apparently I got DLCs included in the version I bought (on sale) on steam. Vampire Lord represent! ((also this 7$ !! game buy must downright be the best buy I've done in a long time holy))

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I have a massive backlog of games to finnish but one day I shall do the skyrim DLC's *throws his cape mysteriously and heads off into the wild backlog.*

3. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Step 1: advance main story until you have fus-ro-dah
    Step 2: fus-ro-dah cows,chickens...everything really.
    Step 3: go to skyrim nexus and grab killable children mod. Proceed to fus-ro-dah the little ones.
    Step 4: mod the eff out of skyrim until it is no longer skyrim and crashes every 10 minutes.
    Step 5: despair at your ruined skyrim and do a clean install. Return to step 1.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I was gonna give this 'live another life' mod a go.

until I found out you're supposed to pay memebership to that mod site

yea right

5. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

as if you needed to pay for anything in this modern world.

looking that up what you probably meant on the nexus brought me this
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9557/?
    not paying anything for this. I got it too.

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Assuming your talking about Nexusmods... You do not have to. It is subtly encouraged by limiting download bandwidth, but your free to use the site to your liking. Aside from bandwidth, only a few QoL options are withheld. Only minor non-impactful annoyances really. It is a really good site.

7. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Yeah I didn't have to pay for it

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah my bad. Either how, I tried a bunch of different methods but I cant get the mod installed. Steam workplace much error.

Guess Ill just go to Helgen again. Never followed that imperial guy before, might as well.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  9. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

u nub burn

SkeletonKing likes this.
  10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Try the Nexus Mod Manager. Good way to keep track of, and activate your mods. Less messy than doing it by hand. It also allows for a cleaner uninstall.

PurpleTop likes this.
  11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I love you

and @PurpleTop

see ya'll in 5 weeks

IMAGIRL and PurpleTop like this.
  12. PurpleTop

Yeah nexus mods is where its at. Get the mod manager and start getting mods like crazy. If you want any suggestions for good immersion mods, lemme know. Otherwise I posted a link to the skyrim total enhancement project some time ago; that's a good place to look for good mods

13. PurpleTop

I think right now I have something like 115 mods downloaded, 80 installed

14. PurpleTop

Also, idk if you use any of the DLC's but if not i HIGHLY suggest getting the Falskaar mod. It adds tons of gameplay and an entirely new island to the game. I have a set of other mods that i find absolutely essential to the game but this is certainly one that you should get if you are looking for new content, which is what most people look for with new mods. It is essentially a DLC for free

Aside from that, the only other one i will mention for now is Frostfall. Frostfall adds survival techniques to skyrim, forcing you to camp in the cold and seek shelter in blizzards. It makes doing just about anything in skyrim more difficult and immersive. There are difficulty settings, and you can even turn off fast travel all together (I did). It's a very fun mod and adds a ton to the game. I would suggest getting it if you have over time found the vanilla game to get somewhat old

TeaNinja likes this.
  15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I highly suggest these.

For the record. The rest are all beneficial with no downsides. Save for these.

Dragon Soul Relinquishment (Trade your Dragon Souls for stuff)
    (Possibly buggy, only tested for a little bit.)
    Forgotten Magic Redone (Not now wait until fully updated.)
    (Powerful spells are powerful, but tactically situational)
    Improved Dragon Shouts (Makes all shouts more viable)
    (Makes them pretty obcene in power, but it also affect the dragons too. So when used in conjunction with the Deadly Dragons mod i have shown. Dragon fights get epic, real fast.) Tread carefully.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

If you haven't done Wyrmstooth yet. Your missing out. Just the same as Falskarr, no bugs, full mod (Voiced, and everything). 30+ hours of exploration. Try it. Trust me.

New Lands

Islands Fast Travel (Allows travel between Fakskaar, Wyrmstooth and Solstheim)

Falskarr (New land, no requirements other than an updated Skyrim)

Wyrmstooth (New land, no requirements other than an updated Skyrim)

17. PurpleTop

i'm actually working on wyrmstooth as we speak

18. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

I'd actually recommend Mod Organizer over Nexus Mod Manager.
    Also it surprises me that there is people out there who are interested in mods yet do not know about nexus and the managers.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

So I was really getting into the mod thing, and then i started and got the message "no ESKE (or stuff) found", skyrim gun shut down now. So I had to get rid of all of them cause i cba doing it 1 by 1 to see which one was bugged.

rip

20. PurpleTop

SKSE

Skyrim Script Extender

some mods require it to work, else when the mod loads it will crash the program. Honestly I would suggest getting it because a lot of the better mods require that you have it. You can find it on the nexus site and there are multiple videos there and on youtube telling you how to install and use it. Really easy and totally worth it, but if you don't want to get it make sure to check mod requirements before you install them to make sure you are going to be able to run it without SKSE (or other mods).

I find it useful to , when im downloading many mods at a time, launch the game every couple of installations or so, that way you know if there is a specific mod directly crashing your system.