Skyrim

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Aug 29, 2014.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You need to read the installation instructions & requirements for each mod. The Mod Manager takes over the installation work. There still may be some requirements for the mod. SKSE needs to be installed by hand, but it is easy. I have links on this thread somewhere. Very helpful QoL mods, and a few things to increase difficulty. All utility requirements are there too.

It is still helpful to read the requirements though. You'll get used to it. I'm sure.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I JUST WANNA PLAY THE GAME GUYS NOT Firk AROUND ALL DAY WITH MODS

but seriously though, doing the empire vs storms story for the first time, tis fun. Going empire I guess

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Spend 2-4 hours searching for mods, and reading them. Spend the next 2-3 installing. take 30 minutes to double check what you have done. Then spend the next 80++ hours in glorious battle slaughtering every demonic chicken you find.

4. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Ran into a "canyon hopper" or something that i had to kill the other day near markarth. I have no idea what mod it came from, but it was pretty cool.

5. PurpleTop

I feel like i should post this again and tag @BurnPyro in this post

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

oh boy y u tempting me

7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Well man, I've played Skyrim for a good year and I can safely tell you: a well modded game can improve your fun by 500%, but sadly you will have to get some stuff like SKSE and a few basic improvement mods, as well as a couple programs that allow you to put some crazy good mods.

But man, that takes a crazy long time. You have to learn a few stuff, and use some specific tools too, that's a pretty annoying part, but totally rewarding.

I recommend STEP mods like @PurpleTop said: if I ever get bored again and reinstalled skyrim(because I literally did everything in this game, my map was so heavy that my poor old PC would seriously spike whenever I opened it), I wouldn't try doing it without having the best game I could. I tried getting STEP once, but I ended up screwing up an ongoing game and smashed the wall with skyrim(AKA harmless nerd rage).

You will eliminate most annoying(if not all) stuff in the game, and you can add a lot of cool things. I do remembr a cool mod - don't remember if it's included in STEP, but it's awesome: forgot the name NPC's Mod, it add a shitload of new NPC's, with sensible stories and quests, crazy fun.

Sadly I forgot the name of most stuff I used, but I hope you got an idea.

8. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

^ TL;DR get stuffs, more stuffs = more fun stuffs = more setup at first = way more funs.

9. PurpleTop

you are talking about interesting NPC's i think. It's by far my favorite NPC based mod. Pretty sure it's in STEP.

Lushiris likes this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

much thanks

right now I only used second life mod, im enjoy myself just doing random stuff. Going full redguard. Smithing and all that silly stuff.

Game is so addictive

11. PurpleTop

Which alternate start did you choose for your redguard?

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

uhm

An imperial soldier thing

cause why not

13. Lushiris

Yea... I'm surprised that I forgot all these names, I think I had to remove Skyrim stuff from my brain to keep functional because it's a lot of sh*t. But yea, my main guy was a blind paladin named Eliazhar, never got a companion, those are for cowards and people who don't save every 30 seconds. Would've been different if I had sooner found out
    that Restoration school sucks big time by itself.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

i just use restoration as a melee/sometimes acher cause food blows and potions require me to buy them

cause lazy

So I'm doing this dawnguard stuff now. But the friggin scrolls finding take ages. I quit halfway through. But that new jarl from windhelm don't wanna give me them goodies when I don't get rid of the vampires first. What a jackass

15. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

ugh, all this talk of skyrim... I've never played it - and wish I had, i'd play it now, but can't find time.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

scrub

SPiEkY and IMAGIRL like this.
  17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Make time. The only complaint I have about this game is the obscene cliffs. I have died more times by underestimating the size of a cliff, than I have from dragons.

18. Lushiris

I remember many epic cliff jumping deaths when running from trolls. One thing I'm inclined to admit: taking the roads is faster than trying to go straight through a mountain(except if you're on a horse).

@BurnPyro Dawnguard is fun, except for the vampire part. It does have some amazing stuff though, specially the art IMO.
    And it's better if you do it ASAP because of the damn vamps attacking towns and killing traders.

Anyways, my favorite build hands down was a illusion/conjuring/stealth archer. Coolest battles ever, with the enemies not even knowing what hit them, except for dragons and bosses which ruined the fun big time, since I found it way cooler wearing almost no gear, just a black robe and "empty" hands, and it's nearly impossible to hide from them.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  19. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

I buckled and bought Skyrim +DLC's

PurpleTop likes this.
  20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Good on ya mate. Play through first without mods. It's a good experience. HOWEVER. If you want to play through with mods. I have a comprehensive list on this thread somewhere that is VERY beneficial. Lore Friendly, and non experience impactful. It is basically the EXACT same game, but with QoL improvements.