Skyrim

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Aug 29, 2014.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

the only mod you ever need is the throthgar followers mod

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Firk me the whole quest for auriels bow and dawnguard in general lasts Firking ages

thank god that's over with, never wanted to kill myself as much in those barren wastelands with those falmer. Good thing serana's hot.

TeaNinja, IMAGIRL and MEATMAN like this.
  3. themacca

there will never be anything more tedious than the path to unrelenting force level 3

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

#randomtroll

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

doing this smithing thing to a 100, am at 96 now

is it worth/good to get skills to reset to legendary or however that works?

6. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

The trick with thieves guild isn't the quest reward, but stealing stuff and selling to the fences. There are a few fences spread around, but you only know who they are when they tell you, and you'll have to remember and get back to them because nobody will remind you who they are anymore.

But if you want the easiest crime money...
    Join the Dark Brotherhood. You can murder some annoying people(and some nice people too), and get rich in the process with the big rewards).

IMO the funniest thief-ish "class" you can make is a dagger one, with pickpocketing. Stealing your enemies' armors then slitting their throats can be pretty fun. If you just enjoy murdering without that personal touch, bow is your thing for sure though.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm lvl33, my sneak is like 17.

On all my account, I've never bothered with sneak. It's just not me.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@Moles @BurnPyro (Just in-case you want this method too.)

If you want a lot of gold. You need a few things.

• Pickaxe
    • Transmute Spell
    • Patience
    Steps:
    1. Go to the Halted Stream Camp, and get the Transmute Spell.
    2. Use your Pickaxe on any Iron Ore Vein you come across.
    3. Buy any Iron Ore you find from Merchants.
    4. Causualy use the Transmute spell on your journey.
    5. Stock up all the new Gold oOre in your Breezehome in Whiterun.
    6. When you have a large excess. Go to the forge that is just inside the Whiterun gates.
    7. Craft. "Gold Rings" They are your best Money:Ore ratio.
    8. Feel free to craft any jewelry that meets your fancy while your doing it. (Keep in mind. Most Gold Jewelry have better Money:Ore Ratios, but require Gem Stones.)
    9. Sell to vendors.

A lot of simple steps, that you can do casually through your journey for every easy money. It is funny to realize that this is very simple, yet very detailed. After your first crafting spree. You will have the details ingrained into your head.

NOTE: The only downside to this method.
    • This will level your crafting skill really fast. If you do this too early, or too much at a time. It will raise your level high enough that you will fight creature with a higher level, than your combat skills can account for.
    • Be careful when you choose to do this, and do it sparingly.
    • You can easily get from lvl 15 to 22 by just smithing Gold Rings. This will end up making your enemies ~5-7 levels higher combat wise than you.

P.S.
    • The smithing skill is completely useless. Any armor in the game can reach the max armor rating.
    • Essentially, the smithing skill is only for looks. How do you wish to roleplay?
    • Please read through this (Skyrim Armor Information), and all previous links. They will help you.

9. Lushiris

It's not really useless as most enemies have ways of decreasing your armor rating by a decent amount. Not to mention that no weapon can be as strong as a strongly forged + enchanted one.

But ofc, as a defender of flavor I rarely bother about smithing.

And if you want to suggest such a complicated way of making gold, just go kill dragons and sell the bones.

10. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Alchemy is the best way of making gold without cheats hands down. Dragons toungue + snowberries = basic fire resist potion. Easy to farm and worth a lot of gold.

11. themacca

reseting to legendary means you can get more perks, but if u have dragonborn DLC u can respec perks anyway

12. themacca

Firk that guy, how dare he punish me cause i forget to save

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I have dragonborn DLC

please elaborate good sir

14. themacca

well dont bother going legendary with smithing, once you get 100 alteration though you can get that back up to 100 in like 5 minutes easy so do that if u wanna farm perks

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Legendary Skills

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I am saying "Only use skill points if you have a specific armor you want to craft" For sure you can level it two 100, but you do NOT need points in the armor you want to forge. It is a waste. You can get max level stuff, with just Enchanting items with +smithing, while having 100 Smithing, and 100 Enchanting (+ required skill points in enchanting)

Puting points in Smithing is only worth while if you want to have access to a specific armor when ever you want it for a certain look for your character, or to sell them.

Perhaps I did not clarify enough.

@Moles ^Should be a better explanation of what I meant.

17. Lushiris

You still need smithing of a specific armor type to improve it. Having smithing at 100 and only being able to improve iron armors sounds kinda...

18. Lushiris

After 2 years to get your guy to level 81, you will have to fireball your horse for 3 more years. That's what it means.

19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

That is what I am saying. You don't HAVE to take the perk. Yeah it doubles the benefits, but it is NOT needed to reach max armor rating. IF you have invested in Enchanting.

With:
    100 Smithing NO perks
    100 Enchanting + Perks

You can reach max armor rating. Sure if you were not going to invest in enchanting you might put a perk or two in smithing, but it is still not needed to reach the max armor rating.

Any perks you put into smithing, should only go there for 2 things.

1. Arcane Smithing (Because damnit is it useful) 2 perks
    2. Looks. The only reason to perk a specific armor is for looks. So you can craft the gear without having to look for it.
    You can reach the max armor rating without having to waste any point in smithing. I have personally done it. There is even a guy for it somewhere. I will say that I often take Arcane Smithing as it is useful, but I am not wasting 7 points in smithing just to get Dragon Armor.

Iron, Leather, Elven, Can ALL reach max armor rating. Why the firk would I take Dragon Bone armor when it wastes 7 points. I will tell you why. Maybe I want to look nice. Other than that. The points are wasted.

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You shouldn't use Fireball, takes about 5 times longer than using a Sword to reach 100. Use Archery.

[​IMG]