Skywing imperator

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by TheBulwark, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

imo
    Breaths aren't mean't to be too strong.
    I prefer aoe's and the alt damage is nice since can't be blocked ect.

Not sure what dragonflight costs but tbh it could do without it

I don't think it works with breaths anyway.

2. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Would like to test. Description is 'attacking'; somewhat ambiguous. Can't take Dragonflight off a Skywing. It's the thematic ability. @MovnTarget Would like to see Imperator lose Desert Walker in the next patch; wouldn't mind toning down Maulers and possibly even Rumblers to prevent SL Dragons from being even more faceroll than it is compared to other SL strategies. Or just tone down Transmission Relay.

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Thematic abilities need not be on erry rune.

Anima26 and SPiEkY like this.
  4. sharang2

:( I personally like Dragonflight; I don't know if I have a vote here but I can't get behind removing the hallmark Skywing ability on the only Exo representing them. I don't know if there's a single SL dragon which flies and doesn't have dragonflight, except Dragoleeches. Oh, Krikkinwing. All the Skywings have it, though; and I'd rather we look at he parts of his kit that don't work that well as opposed to taking away his racial. Even if the +2 damage doesn't work, the +2 armor does.

5. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Transmission relay is kind of op as Firk...that late game power is nuts and the early game power is very strong too. Imperator definitely needs a buff, i would be happy with no desert walker to reduce his cost aslong as desert walker is placed on a different rune down the line.

6. sharang2

I agree. It might reduce how good one of the best SL BGs is, which is a shame because we're not exactly OP as a faction, but from my point of view Tx Relay leads to boring games (Well, guess I'll redeploy my Rumbler this turn, mauler next turn, rumbler, mauler...); I doubt that's the kind of play they want to encourage. I would be comfortable with it halving the cooldowns of dragons that die while it's in play; or something? I just think that it's a problem if I'm always instantly recurring a champion who's supposed to be balanced by the time you can't access it because of CDs.

7. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Transmission Relay is just a remnant of SOEs powercreep, with the revamp though its become op, imo.

8. sharang2

Well, what suggestions do we have regarding relay?

It's nice that it gives some long game to dragons and allows some recurring of core units, it just needs to be toned down. What if it reduced the CD of a dragon to 3 instead of refreshed it completely?

This would make it much easier to evaluate the two strongest dragons. If mauler had to deal with having only its base stats for 3 turns it would be a lot more reasonable.

9. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

The way Dragons should be handled is by nerfing Maulers and Rumblers first, THEN assessing Transmission Relay. As usual, people get focused on the wrong thing. Amazingly, this even happens to me ingame. I use my Maulers to wipe the floor with my opponent and when they're finally dead, I redeploy them. So my opponent gets angry at Relay, completely forgetting that if Maulers weren't as OP to begin with, this wouldn't be such an issue.
    Yes, Transmission Relay is too much, but it could be fixed by either by making it lose life whenever it is used or by making it cost nora for every use. In any case, it needs some sort of cap or limiter.

The more pressing concern however is what it actually reveals/returns. Yes, we can reuse Dragons after they just died, but why do we even do that? Why do we redeploy Rumblers and Maulers asap? It is obviously because they are OP enough that we don't even need to think about it and consider the game situation much. These are the runes that should be nerfed first.

I'll tell you what will happen if you take care of Transmission Relay first: it will still be revealing/returning OP champions and people will still feel like they already killed them and shouldn't be seeing them again, so they'll still get mad at Relay. Which will then be nerfed even more. This may not be necessary if the Dragons themselves are balanced.

10. sharang2

@Sirius, I seriously think that maulers would be significantly less overpowered if killing one did something. To my understanding, the idea behind Sibling was that it temporarily frontloads a lot of the power you'd get out of a champion, but once a sibling dies, you're left with a fairly weak champion. The counterplay to sibling is to rapidly kill one, yes? I feel that Transmission Relay doing what it does stops many lines of counterplay against maulers. I once played against someone who repeatedly debuffed the maulers instead of simply killing them because they don't stay dead, but that still lost them the game because I was killing their runes while they were simply weakening mine.

I enjoy the spikiness in power that Sibling or Short Lived bring. They're the champion-equivalent of a powerturn. Maulers are a fairly strong unit, but if I had to spend half the game with them at base stats, I really, really don't think it would be anywhere nearly as strong. If you play Maulers without Relay they're simply efficient units that lose a lot of power once you kill one of them. I agree that sibling could definitely use a reduction in how strong it is; but do you not think that a great deal of the reason why Maulers and Rumblers are OP is because their drawback is basically nonexistent? Tx Relay basically results in a "Berserker + Unstoppable" situation like on Warogg; where they undercost a unit because it's supposed to have a negative contingency, but then give you a way to completely circumvent the drawback. To me, removing the instant redeploy from Relay would be akin to removing Unstoppable from Warogg; and it would make Sibling have meaningful impacts on the power level of your champions as opposed to simply giving you free stats forever.

I accept that you're a more experienced player than I am, but in this scenario I think we can agree that there is more than one way to skin a cat. The OP Dragons problem is compounded by Relay. Relay is good because some dragons are OP. A Mauler with a dead twin is not OP; Relay to redeploy any other dragon is not OP.

11. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Relay with rumbler is fkin nuts. Also, Vindrax if you can afford it.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

buff imperator

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Remove Desert Walker, gg.

14. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I support removing Desert Walker.