SL is too powerful. This topic is about Skeezick.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiCEM0nEY, Jul 30, 2017.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Tornado does 20 damage to relics and therefore has no functional difference from a single use of Seism when talking about the durability of various relics.

This is why Seism made back-line relic positioning important: if you want, you can place relics such that the opponent is forced to Seism specific relics if they choose to play a Seism champion.

About this tactic specifically -- again, the intent of the Statue is that its value is only loosely dependent on Xulos as a champion, and that Xulos should be as valuable as his stats and abilities dictate (which is very valuable) regardless of the Statue. Unlike other powerful champion strategies -- Serkan is the most immediate comparison -- Xulos as a champion functions as a complete and well-costed unit regardless of it the Statue works or if he dies and comes back.

2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Right, I may have been recalling it wrong, I thought he was able to kill my statue without damaging it (I could be wrong though, he may have just used demolish, and I was confusing the matter).

I honestly don't bother too much with relics, because factions such as SL (the topic) can global relics with a SKEEZICK trigger, I don't want to waste too much room for overly conditional wins in my deck.

It's also pretty hard to invest ~65 nora into back line relics (never mind more), another reason why seism screening isn't a tactic I use.

Not saying it can't be done, I just don't really bother with it for the most part. Mainly due to the way my decks are currently built.

I can give a quick example : I prefer broken bones or even bone guard infantry to 2x graveyard, since the two have similar weaknesses. Nothing wrong with either style, it is really just my preference

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  3. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

just wait til the next expansion comes out.

4. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

"you" said the rest of SL is op, i didnt.

have you ever won an argument with anyone other than yourself?

you two are a real pair of jokers.

obvious nerf crying is obvious.

people dont play skeezick becaue they are not game winning broken, i have hardly ever seen them in all the ranked games i have played or watched.

stop making excuses and make a skeez deck instead and come back and post in here when you have the 3000 elo.

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Your right must have been somebody else that said this
    Just kidding that was you, it's hard to win an argument when the other side doesn't understand they lost already.

6. Excalibur95

i said skeezick are sht, your mind decided what waay better than sht was i didnt say. to me it just meant not as sht, in no way did i imply op.

just play skeez see if your ranking improves, give it a good try, report back. nerf crying something without trying them yourself to really check if op is silly. i dont claim to be a great player but playing skeez only had a minor impact on my rankings and i gave up because i lost too much with them.

and super, skeezick = op is not obvious like you make out.

7. Excalibur95

skeezicks dmg is not good. because of the SL bonus skeez do not get the plethora of defence and tough + defensive abilities of other factions champions, it may even itself out but the likes of IS are waay harder to kill.

totem can die like everything else. i never even ran him in skeez i think he sucks, his attacks suck, he is not useful unless taking dmg which should only last a turn and then he is dead. heal is ok but there are better options.

canoneer was nerfed, he used to have power attack, he is weaker now, while i understand he is hard to get to and kill you can say that about all high 7 range champions and your not calling for their nerfs. his regeneration is most times useless and doesnt save him or is not needed. you can get under his range with a melee champion and kill him. i used to be able to do 2x power attacks (cd 0) in the same turn with him on occasion with enough ap left even with no ap gen used that turn, post patch he was really nerfed with piercing attack with a cd. power attack is more fitting than piercing shot going by his picture.

there are more resiliant champions than resiliant skeezick in IS, why arent you calling them out.

whorl gets fkd by one relic

bolter is avg, i never liked him, other ranged units across the factions are better.

blackguard is a good champion in his own right, skeez are allowed "one" surely...

drummer is slow, weak in combat, only really good for his wardrum ability with slow cd, i dont think he is op from using him, but he does add synergy. i wouldnt care if charm was on him or not, if he can reach a font then charm will help but i dont see people contesting with him.

when i look at skeezick im always left thinking what they do not have and they lack so much ability wise. i had to use quite a few other non skeezick champions to fill the void and actually be able to kill the harder to kill enemies.

im not denying the synergy, im saying why are others not using skeez en mass if they arre so good (in the past tey havent been either, forget the client problems now), ive used them and they arre not good.

there are many better decks out there.

as for the SL bonus thats another story + thread entirely, im not even listing my opinions.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  8. super71

Skeezick damage is bad ? Warcry, skeezick alliance, drum, surge, what more do you want to increase damage ? Also skeezick are I think the only theme left with instigate, which is another damag buff.

Whorl is broken and everyone knows this except die hard sl fans.

Bolter is average..... Flanking for 13 damage, not including all the buffs, and a dot.

Drummer isn't meant for combat, he's a support unit and a damn good one at that. I've also sat him in a font for turns with block and flourish, his price alone most factions would pay just for the drum.

They have detection, anti equip champs, tanks, beaters, stealth, range, anti-healing, aoes, damaging relics, anti relic abilities, eradicate, dots, repulsion and slam on the same champ, stuns, adaptive, aoe magic attacks form range, nora gen, traps, warcry, battle drum, instigate, they might literally be one of the most diverse factions in the entire game and to top it all off most of them are under 70 nora. What the hell else do you need to make a competitive deck ? The only thing they don't have is cleanse, and sl has multiple options for that.

Nobody is using skeezick because other things in sl are stronger, as you yourself said. I think the problem is you just don't know what your doing with skeezick. Also skeezick aren't a cool theme, that's why they aren't played, if I had to choose between dragons and skeezick i'll take dragons every time.

Also you continuing to say well take it to elo blah blah blah, I don't have the luxury to play this game enough to keep up with the patches or the people that play 15 games a day. When you keep saying that it seems like your backed into a corner and have nothing left to argue with, and that's something i'd expect from burn or baller, be better than that.

I'm also not nerf crying I think skeezick are a product of the new sl bonus along with all the other themes, I said since the beginning that the bonus might be too strong in combo with all the regen and other defensive stuff in sl. Skeezick in my opinion can be left as is, because they aren't the first thing i'd nerf in sl besides maybe whorl.

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php...w-bonus-as-it-is-now.26762/page-4#post-375770

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  9. super71

@Excalibur95 I'm still waiting to hear what you think skeezick need to be competitive.

10. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Anti-bot Bump

themacca likes this.
  11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

you're doing gods work

DiCEM0nEY likes this.