SL/UD Mutants: Seeking Advice

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Xuldorl, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Xuldorl

Xuldorl I need me some PIE!

So, I made a deck and I have been tinkering with it, but I really feel I could use advice to get the most out of the theme.

https://poxbase.com/deck/CoDCzXc7Gc5-CgBCgZC33ClFCw-s7Fs7uS1lS1HsHr2QR3@E3veN

Unfortunately, given that planar doesn't seem to have been added to that site as of yet.. only 29 of the 30 runes are shown in the link. The last slot is occupied by a Mutated Drake.

I know there are changes that need made, but what would you recommend? What needs dropped? What should be added?

And on a side note.. why is the Soulthirster not a Mutant?

2. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Personally I would replace the mutant doctor. ATM the only thing he can use charges on is a single healing ability, which has t be chosen as an upgrade. Essentially half the stuff that makes him cost what he does is useless most of the time.

(EDIT: Note I'm a total newb, so wait till other people come around before doing anything ;) )

3. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Mutant Doctor does have Mutate - which allows him to bestow permanent stat bonuses to other champions and, at the same time, give them 4 charges towards their own Mutation abilities.

4. DrakeArron

true, but that doesn't change the huge drawback of half of what your paying for being usless.

5. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Mutant Doctor is hardly useless in a Mutant-central deck.

6. DrakeArron

Except I didn't say he was useless, did I? I said half of what your paying for is useless. Very different.

7. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I tried this for like 5 minutes and then i realized that there is literally no synergy between champs with the Mutant racial. It's just the mutate ability and stuff with charge based mutations.

It sucks and I would like to see the theme get developed into something that could actually work as a full bg. Some proper Arroyo/Valdaci style split runes would be awesome.

I also feel that Soulthirster would make a great mutant.

DrakeArron likes this.
  8. Xuldorl

Xuldorl I need me some PIE!

Working the deck, I do find it very much to the point. My current build is as follows;

Draksar Persecutor x2
    Elecroc x2
    Hood Fiend
    Incinerator
    Mutant Doctor x2
    Mutant Yeti x2
    Mutated Drake
    Pincushion x2
    Sheoul Monstrosity x2
    Soulbleeder x2

Fiery Ambush
    Horrific Mutation x2
    Quicken
    Superiority x2
    Taint x2

Cursed Epitaph
    The Farm

Bloodstained Claws x2
    Demon Shield

The Farm gives all my mutants (all my champions at this point) Pounce 3.
    I throw the claws on the Soulbleeders to double down on Soul Siphon.
    I use the Doctors to mutate things, focusing on one Bleeder if I have one out.
    Elecroc has Surge: Mutant.. So it can be useful if I get a fair amount out..

...It works. But most is just there to fill space and/or fit theme.

9. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Don't be so edgy. Yet you are still incorrect. His only kit is DC3 and Charge Heal. Then, there is nothing you wouldn't be paying for.

10. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

DrakeArron likes this.
  11. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

You absolutely need Snogvie.