Slag help please

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Zythraak, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

Hello! Recently getting back into the game and I'm likely just going to play shattered peaks themes, the first of which I've assembled is slags. I can post my deck in a day or two, but for now I just need some general help. I'm doing absolutely terribly, can you tell me which slags are the all stars and the general playstyle of the deck? My opponent just plays a few long range champions and I feel about as useless as my deep cave extractor as all my units get picked off. Voltaic slag is my favorite so far, everything else I can not use effectively. Any tips would be much appreciated! Thanks!

2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Once you get your bg up, that will be really helpful for giving advice.

If you're having difficulty with opposing ranged champions, these are generally good for that:
    Voltaic (best if you combine him with your other low-range ranged champions, giving them up to 5 range usually)
    Ancient
    Auroral
    Metallic
    Oozeking

As to the playstyle, I'm not certain. @Ballballer might be able to help.

3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

@Gnomes and @davre both played them with reasonable success.

They also have quite different play styles regarding slags so might be interesting to hear from both of them.

4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Slag 2.PNG Slag 1.PNG

In my opinion their are two ways to play slags. one is to use all the good in theme slags, and have a very defensive playstyle with a lot of nockback facinate and wandering to slowley eek out a win. with the whole terrain turning to ooze

The oozing slag method is based off of the champion Oozing slag, here you split and heal up from acid aura and other methods of healin to at one point have 4-8 50 hp champs that costed 56 nora... this is basically a win by sheer value of hp to nora. its also a very slow play style and here you need to delay to get your slag armie to start up

5. Zythraak

Ooh, thanks! I will try that second list out today, what are your thoughts on deepcave extractor?

6. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Its very efficient if you can get it out early, with out any repercussions. but with the maps as they are now their are a lot of side font battles and constant fighting, not to many maps where you can just throw him out to slowley get a font for you. i would say he is a one off that you could play. but could be hard finding a time to play him with the maps are they are currently in the rotation.

caustic slag and terraced slag are mvps. caustic has insane dmg, and if you get 3 hits off, you get 6 nora back off a deploy which is crazy for sp. and terraced with hallucinate and heal self can be very hard to kill as well for cheap costs.

7. Zythraak

I replaced my 2 oozing slags with caustics and it's much better. Caustic is amazing!

8. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

[​IMG] [​IMG]

My decklist is very similar to Gnomes' but I have 2 non-slags in here that amp up the turtling playstyle that I find helps slags the most.

Mika provides healing and spell protection, while the general gives area evasive 2 that pushes your opponent into more melee.
    Bombs, passives, and relocation effects are the big weakness.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    nepyonisdead likes this.
  9. Zythraak

I like that a lot. Mika is very flexible. I'm expanding my SP collection and might incorporate some non slags, too. Do you ever find you want a second ancient? I don't have mine leveled up yet so I have tremor instead of pull, but pull sees like it will add a lot of power. So far for me, caustic, voltaic, and oozeking are the best, with metallic also being incredible. I'm still trying things out, too, though.

10. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

11. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

@davre 's slags are the place Id start with, great bg and almost impossible to beat late game