SLAG SLAG SLAG

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Netherzen, May 26, 2015.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

It would cause the split hanging slags to heal the others when they explode instead of killing them as well. Also their auras would heal if left alive longer, giving the chance to have more slags to explode.

2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

That makes sense,i guess this could be a decent change for hanging slags.I wonder if they have a manual modifer,their cost seems a bit high.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Have you had a chance to test Ancient Slag after it lost Fascinate, Swallow Whole, and Oozing? Is it still worth the slot as a tanky champ?

I think Slags could benefit from an Ooze Bomb ability. I'm thinking the same effects as Slag Slop in a Bomb AoE, AP cost, and CD.

I also think Oozeking Slag could have a slight improvement by having Acid Bomb replaced by Corrosive Grenade. Damage would be about the same, but it would be 2 nora cheaper.

Gnomes likes this.
  4. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Ok, don't kill me....I kinda like the change in Ancient Slag. Now with Trail:Ooze is easier to get terrain for Tunnel:Ooze. Swallow Whole was totally nuts, and it needed to be removed, even more in a unit with access to Colossal. The theme was in need of this kind of tank to let you reach midgame whitout being rushed, and Tremor helps a lot against rush, even more on a 2x2 unit.
    As it was already mentioned, it would be nice if it regained Oozing back, as it synergizes with Tremor. The theme needs a bit more source of oozing, to help against flyers.

Gnomes likes this.
  5. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

He is still alright since slags do need a tanky champion.I will miss fascinate however.

The reason tunnel: ooze was good because of synergy with swallow whole,there is no need to use that ability since he doesnt really present a threat to enemy,his 10 damage is not that scary.
    The theme does need more ooze terrain,i already wrote why i think trail should be removed from slags and replaced with oozing.

6. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Don't think. Yeah, Ancient Slag is fine right now, a pretty good tank. But now he is only viable in Slags, and not that good then before even in his themed deck. I loved the Fascinate on him, Swallow Whole was an extra (very nice one), but I will miss the Fascinate, cause, that was make the people focus on him instead of other slags, now he will just walk arround and using Tremors sometime.

Netherzen likes this.
  7. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

If you're playing against slags, what reason do you have to focus on Ancient Slag? Sure, he's tanky, but that doesn't matter unless the opponent actually attacks him. To be effective, a tank has to be annoying enough to make your opponent want to attack him, and fascinate and swallow whole did that. Now he's largely ignorable.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    Ifem21 and Netherzen like this.
  8. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

This, they pretty much made Ancient slag a bland, font contest that can be mostly ignored

9. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Suggestions for abilities that would make him a threath for your enemy? These are mine:

> Fascinate
    > Clamp
    > Acidic Aura
    > Ooze front
    > Crushing Blow

10. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

Ooze Front/Fascinate would be my preference

Gnomes likes this.
  11. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Ooze Front + Fascinate is good. I will miss the Swallow Whole, but like I said, it's was just an nice extra for the rune. Having Fascinate back is what we need.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'd like Fascinate to be added back to Upgrade Path 1. Ooze Front could replace Acid Eater or Shatter on Upgrade Path 2. Alternatively I think Wind Aura would be a good option on a slag.

13. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

On a related point, I think trail:eek:oze and oozing in particular are making slags as a theme more expensive than they should be and don't generate ooze in a particularly useful way (i.e. both are passive, one is controlled by an opponent, and one is ooze that heads backwards towards your base). As I've posted elsewhere, slags could use more active ways to generate ooze (i.e. ooze bomb) or more offensive, forward pushing ooze (like ooze front). Putting those abilities on a front line tank (like ancient slag) would make sense.