slags

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by xplint, Mar 12, 2014.

1. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

How are the slags now? Are they good? Is it possible to play slags without slag overmind? I find him very expensive to me

2. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

3. xplint

And is it good if i use metallic slag? I bought him now

4. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Yeah for sure, I just made that quickly and with budget definitely in mind.

5. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/ckFChPCd5CdlChpCdvC2JCdzcf0CdxS3ts7ts59r2Yr3hR2ZrOE2We1j

Here is mine. I've been gone since May and came back a couple of days ago. Since then, I have been slightly modifying my bgs based on what I have read on the forums and seen in game. I probably need to update the champ list as well and eventually replace the aspect of chaos and warwizards but I should probably test it out before then.

6. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

And what about ancient slag? Is a good rune or is unusefull?

7. xplint

I tried it once, he isnt that bad

8. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

There was a guide about slags on the old forums. I wonder if someone saved it from SOE obliteration.

9. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

Yeah, I remember the guide being pretty extensive. I know the Ancient slag is supposed to be good but I never found a use for him. I remember I used to have a couple but I traded them away. I should probably try to get another one eventually.

10. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

try surviving over 15++ turns and you're good, Ancient Slag is really a creepy thing, a lot of threat range with Slag Slop... and hard to one-turn (if I don't use LRod+TTotem)

tbh i kinda think the one thing that's holding the theme is Slag Overmind + Ancient Slag. I'm not scared or threatened by anything other than that in a FF Slag.

11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Will one of you peaks pros make a complete slag guide? It would be helpful to understand the best way to run them in their current nerfed form.

12. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

In the old forums there are a complete guide.

13. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

[​IMG]

This is my slag deck. The last time I changed it was many months ago when I swapped a second extractor out for Sceian. This might be too leg-heavy for a lot of players but I think the 2 gherns and 2 overminds are absolutely worth it. Doombringer is mostly there for spot healing but doom is also pretty useful. If you can't fit any of the legs in I would go with another deepcave extractor (great flagbearer) or maybe another rattle.

Clayform works really well in this deck since I have a lot of 1xs and he can let me double up on whichever one I need most in that game (80% of the time it is a ghern general). If you don't have access to doomie you'd definitely want to leave ancient slag in for spot removal and font defending. The spell/relic/equip set works well for me but quite a few of them are personal preference. This deck has answers for pretty much everything though and is definitely competitive.

allyorbase likes this.
  14. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Davre, that's a nifty BG. I like running Spike on Oozekings. Just my two cents.

15. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I've been searching my library for that old forum guide. I'll let you guys know if I ever find it in my 12 gigabyte library of photos QQ

16. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member