Slags

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by blbbrayan, Jul 5, 2015.

1. blbbrayan

blbbrayan The King of Potatoes

Slags are pretty good and fun. They need boost because they're squishy, but Auroral slag + elemental vortex is my favorite combo in the world. Make more slags, stop making hyenas!

Gnomes, Qucas, Rapidice and 2 others like this.
  2. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Nids have enought for the theme. Slags lack certain things. Make more Slags and make them good at Top Tiers. The most fun bg to play.

3. blbbrayan

blbbrayan The King of Potatoes

As the poetic Oozeking once said "Slag slag slag".

Qucas, Ifem21 and spineyftw like this.
  4. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

I think the main issue of slags can be resumed in the following topics:

> Low damage units in general, mostly relying on Guarded : Slag to get a boost.
    > Most of it's damage comes from multiple sources of tiny damages: Ooze Tap, Scourge, Jolt. Then, champions with access to tough/resilient/regeneration/healing are extremely efficient aginst Slags.
    > Difficult to generate Ooze terrain.
    > Lack of ranged units. Strictly speaking, only 2 units can be considered ranged: Voltaic Slag and Baby Slag.

5. Hekwit

Hekwit Devotee of the Blood Owl

So we got 2 new slags.. One good, one useless.... Caustic slag replaced auroral in my deck. Do you find any role for mountain slag in pure slag deck ? I just cant find a place for him..

6. Ifem21

Auroral Slag still are in my deck. The new "Slags" (they are Fesh for me) is OK runes, Caustic the problem for me is the Defenseless... The Mountain one is a good front liner, very good for taking some dmg.

7. Hekwit

so.. this is mine deck.
    [​IMG]

I can't really find a place for extra slags. Every non-champ rune is super important. Especially Peak tactic and state of confusion in two copies. Maybe sludge pool can be replaced but by what ?

8. Ifem21

I would find deck for Rattle, he is pretty good. Try to take away Deep Cave Extractor, one of the baby (they are easily one rounded) and one state of confusion (x1 works fine)

9. Hekwit

There is so many power creep champs with aoe attack to have only one state of confusion I think. :)

Deep cave is a great nora gen champion. Good for start.

Baby is one of the best slag rune. Decent range dmg, guarded slag, call to arms.... need 2 :)

10. Ifem21

Baby is always one rounded, this is why I don't run 2 of them.
    Don't like Deep Cave, if not early draw, he is not the best rune.
    Yeah, state of confusion is really helpfull, but x2 is overkill, is the same as using x2 doom. One is good, x2 is overkill.

But it's personal preference only ^^

11. Hekwit

I like baby. Range is always good - up to 2-5 if voltaic is in range. Guarded slag ability is super usefull.

I agree. Cave is only usefull if you get it in 2-4 turn. nerf completly ruined this rune as offensive champ... still worth to keep... can help you in comeback thanks to huge nora income.

ye... i used to run one state. until I met new frost bullshit bg...

Ifem21 likes this.
  12. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Why nobody uses Slag Slop? I know it's a bit too expensive, but sometimes it supplies the terrain control I need when I hadn't revealed ooze generator.
    I've already droppped baby slag, too squishy, even for it's price tag. Guarded:Slag is nice, but the new slag fills the same role, and does it better IMO.
    Also I tend to run about 16-17 champs, slags have the bad habit of dying too easy.

This is what I run now. Centered around terrain control. I run Metallic slag with fascinate, and Auroral with Repulsion. Combine that with Ooze and headshrinker totem.

upload_2015-8-25_0-3-56.png

13. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Rapidice, how does it fare against meta decks? Do u think slags are competitive? I never really played them seriously... but I really wanna try a terrain-based BG

14. Ifem21

Slag Sloop is amaizng Spell, very usefull when don't have Ooze terrain.
    @RedScarlet they are competitive in Lower Ranks, about 2~~2.5k is the maximum. Beyond this you will start to struggle. There as a time when I was abou 1.3k using only slags, but it was pretty hard to do it.

15. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I wouldnt even run 1 state of confusion tbh