slowest faction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polltroy, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

List of champions that fit polltroy's criteria:

6 Speed with Tele 3:
    Zeventrux - It costs 130 Nora so you can toss this one out.
    Fireoak (KF) and Frostvine - Both have Immobile so you can toss them both out.
    Blastmage - Costs 90 nora if you take teleport 3. I suppose it is runnable though.
    Cortices - This one is runnable.

7 Speed with Tele 2:
    Utterdark Planeshift - This one is runnable.
    Spectral Emissary - This one doesnt really see play but I guess could work.
    Slip Worm - Super Squishy but I guess is playable?
    Lich King - Historically he always has had. Not really run much.

Broken down by faction with the 2 trees left out:
    SP: 1
    FS: 2
    FW: 3

Number of runes runnable in ranked play:
    1-2?

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

@Markoth I'd say 1-3 - I saw FS players throwing slip worm in as a x1 for contesting power and general efficiency as a cheap rune.

3. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Yall remember when slipworm and utterdark planeshift used to be autoincludes?

Alakhami and Etherielin like this.
  4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Kampel likes this.
  5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I remember when people used to Teleport 3 with Slipworm, would constrict your unit, equip the unit with Turtle Shell and go impervious and your unit was just stuck there taking damage from Constrict and Aura.

Ballballer and Etherielin like this.
  6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Teleport 3 confuse enemy 7 speed 14 damage entangling attack evasive 3 nearly 60 hp for just over 70 nora. Those were the days

Etherielin and Ballballer like this.
  7. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I remember vividly how excited I used to get when I played a tortun player because my utterdark planeshifts and soulreave were going to make them have a bad day.

Not THAT far back I know, but everytime I see a planeshift thats what I think about haha

8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Spectral emissary is really cool with bone cloak, but his range is pretty weird. 2 range would be better for excite synergy. Also, he's really expensive for FW, and can't be cleansed if he runs bonecloak, which sucks. I find toll taker is probably a better spot.

9. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

made another search on poxlist. Invigorate. One ability that is very strong on giving modility boost. Total 16 champs, 1 in KF and the KF one is built so you don't want to play it early or u lose lots of nora.

10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Don't you have an equip that gives invigorate.

Anyway, I do think sok wants to make KF more thematically faster - the relic that was released to give extra AP was pretty nice flavour.

Tweek516 and Ballballer like this.
  11. polltroy

this relic sucks to be honest. 50 nora to give 2 or 3 extra ap, every time I use it I its just for one champ situational. and almost every time enemy use it against me next few turns. and on top sometimes, depending how I want to move, I can only get +2 ap from it

comapare that to the other factions global +2 ap and flight and damage boost for 60 nora, or some +4 ap that few factions have as cheap spells....

12. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I think that was all that was needed. But the info dump was nice too.

13. polltroy

I like my KF Champs. I like to play Split. Why Im not allowed to win sometimes too?

Almost every game I play, the opponent plays in his first turns a 8 or 9 - mover. My KF Champs can never keep up with their 5-6-7 speed... Especially facing ST its so annoying, loosing those 2 ap on entering their font that they reached first due to the Speed advantage. And on top, most of the other "fast" Champs I meet have some cool faction bonus, like high HP, high damage etc etc. I have nothing, just my slow Champs.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  14. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

You sound like ur on speed

15. polltroy

lol im watching Tiny VS Dragonslayer. Out on field are lots of 7 speed ST/SP champs, but tiny has mostly 6 speed guys. And thats counting his +1 FF KF.

16. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

slipstream is another example of an overnerfed rune. not only did it lose bastion of mobility, but it also became expensive as firk. i'd suggest it become 40 nora and maybe get relocate self.

polltroy likes this.
  17. polltroy

Slipstream is a joke compared to other similar spells in other factions. Not only its super expensive, in most situations when you want to use it you find yoruself spending lots of time thinking how to Place it, so its bad for those offensive turns. And on top, most times you use it, its for one champ, who gets 50/50 2 or 3 ap, depending where he needs to move(straight or not). And on top, as u use it most often Close to the enemy, few turns later you deeply regret you placed it there when the enemy starts to take advantage of it. And you cant even kill it yourself in an easy way.

18. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

19. polltroy

LOL next game im playing. Enemy is not KF and is top 100. his 3 first Champs:
    1 true 8-mover, 1 8-mover from ready and 1 champ who is speed 7, but has both pounce and manic, so its almost a 11-mover if all is coordinated luckily....

thats what Im up to with my 5-6-7 speed KF guys. And on top he has UD +4 DMG faction bonus and all my stealthed guys cant enter his deployment zones. What do I have? Mobility for those who stay back one turn on deply zone!!!!

20. polltroy

And next 2 champs he put out are 8-movers too :) lol I just surrender

LOL I THINK I MUST CHANGE TO UD