slowest faction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polltroy, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I'm confused. Your reasoning is that KF's champs are slower because you like to play splits and dont have the FF bonus. You say that other factions champions are faster.

If you are running a split why not just include the champions that you think are faster?

2. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Good point, but half reason to run split is to get access to certain spells and equipment, so there are only few slots available for the foreign champs. And this thread is about the SLOW KF champs (even in FF!), not about whatever I can put in there from other high speed factions...

3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Post your bg so we can understand you

4. polltroy

no need because we all know KF split has access to zero 8-movers and zero 9 movers except the tortum captain who is 8-mover. I like SL/KF splits and usually have sone 6-8 slots per faction for champs. While my opponents are spamming 8-9-movers with +3 damage buffs, i lurk around with my 5-6 speed kf melee champs and a few 7 speed sl... GG.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Apprentice Mage, Centaur Bolter, Centaur Interceptor, Centaur Skirmisher, Elven Mage, Garu Warguard, Light of the Circle, Mountain Garu, Perfected Runner, and Wizard of the Ways can be 8 movers in full faction. Angel of Restoration is after Intensify.

Pounce requires a target now, so it cannot be considered a movement ability anymore. Otherwise Garu Cub would be a 9.

I found those just looking through manually as a non KF player. I'm sure there's more I missed since I didn't even look at fairies or all the elves.

6. polltroy

So? I dont play FF. and yea KF FF has some 8 movers. About 20-25 or so. Its thanks to their KF Faction bonus in FF. But even in FF not even one 9 mover. Not even one 10-mover. so their faction bonus dont give any advantge on speed even at FF.

And yea pounce dont count as it can only be used with target.

And how many 8+ - movers have other factions withut the KF faction bonus? I think its about 20 too in most factions, some less. Anyway similar like KF. NO ADVANTAGE FROM KF BONUS. ONLY DISADVANTAGE FOR SPLIT

7. Destorum

Destorum I need me some PIE!

Can you kindly stop cause this is slowly just getting dumber and dumber just go play other splits if you think it’s that bad

8. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Having the KF bonus is like saving 8 nora per unit deployed off the runedock and more every turn if we accounted for whatever the AP storage could be quantified to be worth. So KF actually gets a pretty significant bargain from its bonus. Having a bunch of 8 spd poops won't win you the game anyway. There's very few units you'd want 8SPD on for how much it costs.

9. polltroy

Devs, can we get a reply what the "cost" for speed upgrade, HP upgrade and damage upgrade is according to internal champ development rules? If I remember correct, the higher the number, the higher the cost?

10. polltroy

This is all about that I dont want to play other splits because this is how I play the game for 10 years!!! Why I need to relearn the game from scratch, get all new runes etc? I have basically every rune with a few exceptions in the KF faction and maybe 90% in SL. And My knowledge on runes is similar. Why I must spend weeks to read all 2500 runes again to find a new faction, then spend time in forge etc to buy new runes for that faction, just because DEVS changed my faction and runes totally? I spent money and time getting those runes and learning them over 10 years time. Why shall I stay loyal to a game if the game does not stay loyal to me? Changes, nerfs etc are all ok to balance game, but if its too extreme, it just chases away all those players like me who are not willing to spend 8h per day on the game...

KF suppose to be the speed faction, supposed to be QUICKEST. Suppose to be the ones who keep contesting fonts first etc. At least in FF. And suppose to be normal quick at least in split. Not among the very bottom in FF and THe very slowest in slit!!! THIS IS NOT RIGHT.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

These are not the exact values at every spot, but this should give you a rough idea:

DMG (0-5) - 1 Nora/DMG
    DMG (5-15) - 1.5 Nora/DMG
    DMG (16+) - 1 Nora/DMG

SPD - 8 nora/SPD

DEF (40 HP unit) - 2 nora/DEF
    DEF (50 HP unit) - 3 nora/DEF

12. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Also, @polltroy ,bear in mind SPD increases overall damage output quite significantly so it's not really just a flat 8 discount and whatever the abstract +1 storage does. I think it's fair to say the KF bonus is at least about 8-10 nora of combat prowess per unit and this also applies to summons.

13. polltroy

Thanks for info! I Think your way of counting is not good for game balance. Just one example:

To upgrade from leap 2 to leap 3 cost 2 nora. To upgrade from speed 6 to 7 cost 8 nora, its essentially the same except those rare cases when you dont move for several turns. So a faction with many Champs having "leap" or "teleport" basically get the +1 KF faction upgrade for 2 nora instead of 8(!) and on top KF dont really get use of their faction bonus properly, as its mainly used to give disadvantage to split and some 8 nora discount on the champs, not to give them any real movement advantage.

The question about HP upgrades still you did not reply, you replied about DEF instead.

Even more opsetting:

So "pure" speed is worth 8 nora. movement with teleport is worth 4 nora and movement with leap is worth 2 nora (!!!!)

I can understand somehow that the Leap and Teleport movement are worth less, because if you need to move say 0-3 spaces and leap 3 gives 4, you cant use the +1 that turn. So it should not be worth the full 8 like speed. BUT, with same logic, as leap is basically like teleport but shorter, its more likely you can use the full leap distance than the full teleport distance, so should not teleport cost less per movement tile? Or its for those rare cases when you must pass some obstacle that is really far away? To me it feels +1 tile with teleports ws +1 tile with leap should be less, not more? Simply because you can most likely take advantage of it less often.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Leap/teleport also cannot be used for abilities/attacks so are worth less than speed.

15. dcarleone

dcarleone The King of Potatoes

Leap 3 is 5 nora not 2. Check boghopper toad.

16. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

solitary garu becomes 9 speed on several maps
    quillbeast pango moves 9 on about half the maps
    kf can add +1 spd to any champ with reticulated splinehawk
    kf can turn harbinger or light of the circle into 9 movers with l'ilim's boots (both would be cheaper than Zeventrech)

17. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Don't forget Circle Messenger. I think he's an underappreciated rune. It's like a Deep Elf Priestess that is weaker but faster. If you need 9 spaces to cap the middle font, give it a little extra speed. If you need 10 spaces, give it a little more. It does cost nora to give it +SPD but capping a middle font early on is strong. Not worthy of being x2 in a deck but is a solid x1 include for the draw win component.

18. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

so that makes UD bonus the cheapest, being worth 4 nora...

19. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Since most champs fall within the 5-15 range, it's more like roughly 6 nora per champ if it gets the full bonus or 3 on ranged ones. The main issue is that the UD bonus is one of the hardest to proc ones while having relatively low value compared to others in the grand scheme of things.

20. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

The devs have said many times that they expressely balance KF runes around their faction bonus. They don't look at a 15 damage UD rune rune and go hrmm better tone that down...working as intended. But they look at a 7 spd KF champ and they go 'hrmm thats too strong, we better make it only 8 damage. Almost like they calculate 8 spd as 'double damage all the time'. In reality, other factions have much deeper access to things like multi-attack, exertion, spot AP gains, mobi, leap 3, etc. this game revolves around power turns.

I actualy dont think KFs problem is a lack of 8+ speed champs. I think its problem is the lack of useability of the vast majority of the mid-speed runes. I feel like way too many runes have -1 speed from what they should be. Nerfed Aurora for example.