Snaptooth Wavecalmer

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by oyo97, Mar 1, 2014.

1. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

Snaptooth Wavecalmer
    "One of the first things our pupils learn is to not rush into Murkwater. It may seem silent and calm but we older ones know better" - Rago Boghopper Mentor

Race: Snaptooth
    Class: Priest
    Nora: 70
    Rarity: Uncommon

DMG 10
    SPD 5
    RNG 2-4
    DEF 0
    HP 48

Attack: Psychic
    Murkwater Frenzy
    Phase Shift
    Sustain
    Tidal Wave
    Weaken Spells
    Regeneration 1

Upgrades
    Regeneration 3
    Grant: Poison aura 3
    Grant: Evasive 1
    Reinforcement 1

Hello I played alot of snaptooth probably no one played them that much and i love to play in full themes but snaps always had some issues which i tried to adress with this champ:
    In my FF FS snaptooth bg i always need play at least one hopper shaman bc they have no form of healing but are hard to one turn because of Phase Shift. I added Sustain instead of heall mass or divine favour because i think that would be too op on a snap.
    For Protection against aoe spell i added weaken spells instead, which might be the main issue with this champ. I am aware that this would be the first FS champ with this ability and so i tried to compensate with his low speed (5). This would make him still interesting for meta FS bgs but no auto include.
    To address the lack of aoe damage for snaptooth i gave him tidal wave and grand: poison aura.
    Attack: psychic for a fourth type of basic attack damage. Snapptoth could also use a form of cleanse and /or dispel but that would be too much since i want to make this balance somehow and snaps can deal fairly well with buff/debuffs thanks to phase shift and good use of judgement on ancient.
    With reinforcement upgrade he can join the battle quickly and make use of weaken spells and sustain the turn he is deployed. With grant: evasive i wanted to help snaps to be able to deal with long range magic damage dealer like lich king or fairy oracle just a little better.
    This is my very first attempt so any feedback appreciated :) thanks

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Can you expand a bit in the lore of the champion? because it's extrange the combination of attack psychic, tidal wave, sustain and grant poison aura from a snaptooth perspective, it's like the abilities doesn't go together.

3. Onifrk

Onifrk New Member

I agreed with GabrielQ, or was the intent to give all the lacking abilities of the snap to them in one unit?
    Also while I do love theme decks (and hate when there are not enough units to flush it out) this seems a bit powerful for only 70 cost.

4. oyo97

Ugh yeah altough i focused on erasing snappis weaknesses with that champ in terms of gameplay i thought a bit of the lore.
    The Wavecalmers should be something like the mental backbone(attack: psychic) of the Murkwater and understand its magical power best of all snaps and mainting it and all the living things within it(sustain and tidal wave). Yeah well i should use another flavour text and maybe use another aura altough snaptooth ancient uses poison cloud too :D

5. oyo97

I am aware that it has some good stuff with weaken spells and tidalwave and some decent upgrades but i gave him very low base stats to compensate. On the other hand i do want him to be fairly cheap.
    But since its FS u might be right. I could make him a little more expensive or further decrease his base stats like hp or range ? I really want him to be mostly support but since he is snap he should still be able to make an attack here and there or when his type of damage is useful

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You know what could be interesting for a snaptooth "healer"? A unit designed to take full advantage of rite of empathy,2x2, good hp, enlightened and a reason for your enemy to want to kil it, like shroud. What do you think?

jayscales1 likes this.
  7. oyo97

Well i see what your attempt is to kinda make a semi tank but keep in mind that snaptooth:
    a) already have a 2 2x2 champs and
    b) already have 1 specific spell with gloomwater and one specific relic with crypt which already take 4 of the 12-14 non champ spots.
    c) already have decent range protection with phase shift and endurance aura/sentinel from chilan. Shroud would be too op i think for this nora cost :D

What i really like about this is the empathy ability because it gives him a reason to stay in the actual 1 space snaptooth specific formation: Crawmangler in front backuped by chilans endurance and sentinel. So this new champ should stay on the side and use empathy with maybe heal self and still be covered by chilan.
    Going to bed now thinking a bit and update this tomorrow ^^

8. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Given the lore you provided I would think that he would provide something like "Friendly Snaptooths have Hidden: Water" or possibly that ability that stealths everything that's ethereal.

9. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

The only snaptooth that we haven't seen is the 1-3RNG.

Atk: Magic (2 kinds), Atk: Physical (3 kinds), Atk: Fire (alt dmg) (1 kind)

what's left is another alt damage, in this case, oyo97 proposes Psychic. Tbh, I also feel Snaptooth is weird to have psychic damage. They feel more like Aztecs or Native Americans, which correlates to Quetzacoatl (Zoalt), meaning Fire, Electric.

Tidal Wave is a bit OP on a cheap support snaptooth (>___<). Here's what I have in mind:
    the only thing that we haven't seen is a 2x2 with Empathy so basically making a champion into a walking healing tower. In this case, since we have Snaptooth Rider + Crawmangler, we are avoiding another Cyclops racial (all 2x2) ended up getting shoeboxed. So I propose:

Leverage on Upgrades: snaptooth are kinda expensive, even with FS bonus.
    Grant: Empathy combos well with Crawmangler's Drain + Sustain on 2x2.
    Reinforcement 2 on a 5SPD champ isn't OP.
    Resistance: Magical 3 on Upgrades might be OP. I'm not sure.

Snaptooth Wavecalmer
    "One of the first things our pupils learn is to not rush into Murkwater. It may seem silent and calm but we older ones know better" - Rago Boghopper Mentor

Race: Snaptooth
    Class: Priest
    Nora: 73 (+3 Nora)
    Rarity: Uncommon
    Size: Small (1x1)

DMG 10
    SPD 5
    RNG 1-3 (changed)
    DEF 1 (+1)
    HP 48

Attack: Electricity
    Murkwater Frenzy