So a worm BG is just...

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Bondman007, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Spam chattering maws, bile zombie, plus an occasional eye of serkan or putrid creeper...loads of fun, people! Loads and loads of fun. :rolleyes:

I just played a game where the dude literally cast bile zombie 8 times and chattering maw 10 times. At least he didn't go away crying when I beat him but still... I bet he was bored to tears throwing same champs every other turn. Wuff... I definitely won't be playing worms any time soon.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

did it occur to you that you beat him because he played worms wrong? cause it sounds like he played worms wrong

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It warms my heart to know that even badly-played worms can make people unhappy.

Edit: to be clear, our point is that, if your opponent knew what they were doing, you would have been way dead.

4. Bondman007

No, I'm not unhappy or raging against them or anything, I was just making an observation. It honestly looked boring to play.

So the point is that worms are OP and autowin? That seems to be what your edited statement is suggesting (although, admittedly, I misunderstand you quiet often! :p)

5. Bondman007

Perhaps he did. I dunno. That was my first encounter with worms since the chattering maw inclusion. I don't know how to play worms...why I was asking. Didn't look like anything I would want to play.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think they are absolutely the best deck right now, but they are clearly not "autowin" by any means. Sounds like you roasted that dude pretty easily, and even Tiny has had a rough time playing them; they're theoretically (and in the rare game where they are played with technical precision) unbelievably strong, but that doesn't show up often in real play.

7. Bondman007

Well, it wasn't exactly easy and it was actually a fairly long game. I'm guessing he just didn't exactly know how to play them properly. I can see how'd they be very strong for sure.
    BTW, he also spammed blood fiend quiet often.

8. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

They play differently from most themes and i find them very fun and enjoyable to play.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I interpret it to mean that if he deployed Bile Zombie x8 and didn't win, he did something wrong.