So anyone up for a game of core pox?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Apr 9, 2018.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

OH! how about this one

[​IMG]

used to love this map, games take some time but probably all of my favorite games played out on this map

Varthas, guokamoli54 and xaznsoulx like this.
  2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

As long as Forsaken waste is not included

guokamoli54 likes this.
  3. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

If we play that map I wont use domination. Man, the old client, the old client.

JaceDragon likes this.
  4. calisk

knock yourself out, would be no different then old pox.

I'll admit i'll be rusty at positioning around domi's but i'm not so rusty as to of forgotten how to do it.

5. calisk

just looked over the fw runes you have available, funny as it is it immediately brought me back to the old pox meta because all the same issues I had with fighting FW back then are still there now, though i'm not giving you any hints XD

FW has some really good runes for this, your support rune selection is amazing, should be a fun match, even if I get my ass kicked lol

6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Oh man, IS would get to use Dwarven King + Catapult. That alone would probably win a few games, especially with Bane Shift like Battlerager and Griffin Rider with Barrage also being available.

What about Harbs, would they be legal? They're technically from the first expansion, but in this kind of format the players who own them would have a definite advantage over players who don't.

7. calisk

I plan to use my harb so yes lol

if my opponent doesn't want to use harbs i'd take it out without complaint, it's mostly for fun so don't really want to make it rough for anyone who wasn't around back then.

that said they cost a ton now, literally my most expensive deploy by like 15 nora, so not exactly the most broken thing.

also that would be quite the trip, to face dk+catapult again heh

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  8. OriginalG1

9. calisk

K I'll hop on, it's almost time to put my daughter to bed but after that we'll start it up

10. OriginalG1

sounds good

11. calisk

all right let's get this started then, doubt anyone wants to watch (or may even be able to watch with this client) but we'll be starting now.

guokamoli54 likes this.
  12. calisk

so that was pretty fun, anyone else want to join in let me know, i'll be game when ever we can meet up for a game.

feeding frenzy is brutal.....just saying... also everythign FS has, just like the old days lol

13. OriginalG1

gg's sir, i am very obviously still the student.

Vash Dragneel and guokamoli54 like this.
  14. calisk

So if anyone was curious here were the mvps from my pov for all sides.

St -lonx hunter, risen yeti, glacier rhino, Jake elder

Would probably try things a little different next time

Fs - toad rider thing, kartch, muck dragon, snaptooth helm(phys res 3).

Everything was so efficient in this one so ard to pick the best but that toad rider was so much meat at 50ish Nora.

Fw- Lich king, executioner, abomination

guokamoli54 likes this.
  15. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

this is both fasinating and amusing. I am tempted to join, but i am not convinced this is an accurate portrayal of old school. Also i started this game playing ST, so if i am doing this i guess i am going back to ST.

16. calisk

Well it's not the same.

The factions have the same weaknesses st only have 1 magic champ, no shatter, etc

The tactics of each faction are shockingly similar to what they were back then far more then I ever expected they would be.

But all that said it's not the same, the power levels of the factions are higher which prevents the games from being slow. They are far slower than games now but they aren't slow.

The game mechanics like lack of cliffing and such are different, avatars, etc.

My general opinion is I have more fun playing the meta in this scenario then I did the one back then.

I doubt it'll be fun forever but when that happens we could always change set blocks.

The best way to describe it is as follows, soko put a ton of work into balancing the runes of pox, which makes it possible to play these block formats very easily.

To compare it to t1 magic the gathering would be accurate for our current ranked format, in t1 mtg it's nothing but combos, instant kills, removal tricks etc, but it would be accurate to call this "core" format a block format, the plays are smaller, and more interesting as the game regains it's complexity.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  17. krazydee444

krazydee444 New Member

I just found my way back, and so this is basically the only way I would have any chance of winning... how do i get in?

18. calisk

What times will you be up for playing?

We can meet for some games as of now there are only a few people who have shown interest but I'm up for it whenever you are.

19. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Maaaan!

I'm building a bg right now, so if you want to do some match later would be nice. Or anyone else ^^

20. calisk

I got a warhammer 40k game tonight after work but if you are on when I get home sure, otherwise this weekend would be good, when are you on?