So i play this. Zombies.

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Anima26, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Zombies.jpg
    Still love it, still fun to play. Doesnt feel weak to me. Crypt Guardian just there to recycle catapults.

Edit:
    Anyone else playing Zombies or have any opinions?
    Any major changes i should know about?
    Been way over 12 months since i last played i think.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

If you are going to double up on so many runes for consistent draws, I would advise cutting the "flavor" down, and running more duplicated runes which are core for consistent draws. Take out the extra utility / utility champs, and replace it with well rounded versions.

3. Anima26

Youre gonna have to elaborate far more on that vague comment man. I run 2x alot of stuff not for consistent draws but because i like those runes and they work great for me. I made a couple changes and took out an Afflicted and Crypt Guardian for a Behemoth and Mute Stalker.

4. DiCEM0nEY

zz.PNG

I am going to try this deck and let you know how it does, assuming computer doesnt explode.

Idea behind it is for consistent draws for a consistent mid game. Reaper's blades allow for scaling into late game.

Reality - probably weak compared to ST.

5. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I think double ED is absolutely necessary for the early game consistency, the current map rotation is pretty hard to play defensively on so that early aggression is needed. I'm interested to see how you guys get on with Elsarin Night, I'm yet to find a place for it since it's rework.

Last few games i played were in hospital on a terrible wifi connection so i'm waiting til I can play at home to get back into it as that coupled with the messy client was just too much to handle.

6. DiCEM0nEY

Deck sucked ass.

7. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

Maybe one Bladed Corpse to counter high armor units and equipment?

Also, Zombie Behemoth is a good at tanking. Lost Queen and Mute Stalker(stealth, high damage, mid range) r also decent.

8. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I think midrange is kind of hard to play right now, a lot of people are playing very early game oriented decks.

9. DiCEM0nEY

Honestly the power level was just not there. It probably goes along with not having a bonus. Recently ive been using an attrition / short lived deck. Games are going fairly well, but I haven't faced anyone good or playing st yet. Also gameplay is obnoxiously long, and cancer.

10. Anima26

I feel like your opinions are influenced by your own personal bias. FW Zombie deck has a bonus, its called never ending waves of dirt cheap and highly efficient zombies. Works like attrition. They die and theyre back on the board before u know it. Just like a real horde of zombies lol. Its just not your usual stat boosting el generico faction bonus. Ive never found them weak, slow perhaps but not weak. Id like a proper experienced FW player to give their two cents though.

11. DiCEM0nEY

Zombies don't really have cheap units though. Even wandering is 59. The units they have which are modestly priced are from my experience too slow, afflicted corpse and festering corpse, which makes them extremely suscepible to aoe. And I agree with many players right now, the swarm benefit kind of sucks- I'd rather run boneguard infantry and broken bones with a tomblord.

12. Anima26

wut.jpg

Edit: I do agree that the swarms feel very lacklustre atm, all they really do is roadblock abit and hopefully cause opponent to waste AP on them.

Etherielin likes this.
  13. DiCEM0nEY

I meant cheap as in 55 and under. I was also work posting, but I just don't think playing zombies just to play the theme or racial is really worth it - I don't like running relics, they are extremely risky in this meta due to global relic kills and seism. I feel like the main reason I'd run zombies is because of their strong relics .

I sort of liked disease eater, but I don't think it is possible to gain enough value off of it from auras alone - AOE is also extremely prevalent, and if a player has it, slow moving cheap HP units suffer greatly.

Right now I am having some success beating really bad players using attrition by death benefit deck. I'll have to show the deck when I get a chance. I believe it is stronger than this 1. I even believe my skeleton/meta deck is better, and that thing sucks. Took me to 2100, but it still sucks.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018