So long cowboys

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Apr 11, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Gimme dags roonz

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

no has

can give nudes tho

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Please don´t go... don´t goooo.....

5. Qucas

Qucas Guest

6. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

so ye, for anybody that didn't realise burn is still plyaing pox and LoL he aint goin nowhere... this was all a lie

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Nothing productive to do at night.

Besides, week starts tomorrow. This is rehab.

8. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Burn so troll - he lasted 2 hours :p

9. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Why would you have to cold turkey? They are video games, not heroin.

h8 you burn

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Cold turkey is hard.

I try and get some stuff done during the day and play evenings.

Try

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

For me it took a perspective change. I'm a very proud person (that is rarely good), but I looked at it as if the game controlled my will to disallow me from doing what I know I wanted and needed to do. I was offended by this and was able to draw strength to move away.

Cold turkey is hard and it doesn't repair the addiction, it leaves a gaping hole. If you break away slowly you can fill that hole with something(s) as you do and it's an easier and smoother process. If you just rip the hole, then likely you're going to be looking for something large to stuff in that whole quickly regardless of if it fits or not (bad relationship, poor performance in school, poor work performance, general dissatisfaction with ______, doing whatever you are doing but wishing you were still gaming, etc)

I was leading a guild in EQ that had 140 people, we had two raid groups that were competitive for the same spawns, one of them was the trial group, and the competition to move up was fierce. It was a full time job and I felt like everyone depended on me and how could I possibly leave them.

And for those of you who are unwilling to treat this as an addiction then you'll never move past it to a position of control in which you can participate responsibly.

I read an article recently, wish I could find it, on a Chinese internet rehab (detention center type setting). The author was slamming it and I was thinking to myself; this guy has no idea what he is talking about. Because him, and pretty much everyone else (besides China, apparently), will not take game addiction seriously.

Define your goal, Burn. From there, I wish you the courage necessary to achieve it. And know that the closer you get to your goal, the further away you'll be from the need to game. You'll still miss the good times but you wouldn't trade them for what you have at that point.

12. Emries

YOU ARE NOT THE FATTY I ONCE KNEW :p

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

going to the gym

14. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

u no can leave Burn!

15. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

But poxnoras your life bro.

Who else will get IS nerfed through blind hatred for the faction and players?

Btw on your experiences, I recommend finding a thing called sex, I can personally say its game quitting good!

rickyjpen likes this.
  16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I too make comments about how cool my life is on the internet. Insert statement about generic alpha male behaviour trying to look good.

It's hilarious how you fail to realise that you just said you don't get laid. Let that one sink in iajab

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  17. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Giggity.

18. Emries

19. Noremac415

Noremac415 New Member

later Burn, have fun irl