So now I remember why I prefer poxbox to the trader...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gwyndionnz, Oct 19, 2014.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

that was what i was thinking that be cool
    it be even better if we had chance to get doombringers as well so that the quantity can increase

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I remember why I main one faction and trade all my stuff 1:1 on release day.

Baskitkase likes this.
  3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

cause you suck at all the other factions
    LOL

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I know everyone has already said it, but I wanna say it again anyway: PB pricing is off the charts. Trade sharks are vitriolic lowlifes that depend on low supply and high demand, and ripping off people. Personally I hope that the situation woll get better when (if) there are more players and thus more supply.

Sunutsu and BurnPyro like this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Funny, a bit ago PoxBox was the savior of PoxNora.

Hero to zero real fast.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

How do I say this nicely?

dun no wut u r talkin bout n u better bak of or u gun get cut

lmoacoptertank

7. Boozha

Complex opinions, how do they work. Everyone has his problems, right-y

8. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Pfffff all this naysaying on poxbox all the time.

Some runes are waaay more wanted than others, nothing there is poxbox's fault.

I didn't 'keep' runes behind, they were with the revamp slowly released to protect the store against trade sharks who would want to cut the best deal at the cost of the store, hence all exotics, extended/core runes and legendaries and as LAST I released the limiteds, phoeha, everyone was fine with that and now it is brought as if I created a sarce LOOOOOL, twisted facts there. Anyway the issue with the renovators I explained a ton of times: I made a different way (because around revamp time I made a completely new trader) of identifying runes, with their assetID (which I assumed was unique), which was a mistake because it happened to be a hash of the art, meaning at that moment I had no way to identify each separate factions renovators (and the same with harbingers) and it took a while before that was fixed. (Check out the XmlFeed if you want).

When it comes down to pricing, I understand that I am the monopoly here and that that makes it easy to blame me for whatever is wrong with rune access. But if you indeed think that poxbox is the root of the problem you are just wrong, I am almost too tired of typing these explanations all the time but here it comes: There are not enough runes in rotation, TADA there it is, that is the sole reason.
    My way of running the site has not changed much since the time there were like 15 LIMITED of all 150k runes in stock and all runes were in the store and I just sold credits, owh man I want to go back to those times. But the amount of trading done and the injection of new runes is just too small.

Just to make the numbers simple: Lets say there are about 150 (is more) legendaries. If you want that magistrate or legendary angel/150k it would take you about 300(!!!!) boxes or in other words for every 300 boxes all runes are in rotation at least once (statistically). Graaaaasp the root of the problem (to my opinion legendaries should be forgable).

Since I have this awesome tool to track down scammers I also have very good insight in how I trade VS the rest of the community, CUR runes I am BY FAR dominant, and I think no-one really bothers about it (other then the high margin which should soon be history). Exotic it is about 60% off all trades with exotics are done through poxbox. Exo's that are out of stock on the trade are also outside of poxbox almost not traded (now you might argue if this is 'poxboxes fault for being the monopoly') and hence I stay around that 60%. The same counts for legendaries, I do around 60% of the trades for legendaries as well.

Opposite to what people think here is that I am really not sitting behind my PC plotting on how to make more and more profit, I have a job, a good one, making poxbox and giving it as reference gave that as a result. Making it automated was done so I DONT have to spend time on it, not to spend more time plotting

I wish for poxbox to be able to support the game like it used to (when there was a higher rune rotation!!!) but since I became the monopoly in trading I guess negativity is part of it, I am just happy a lot of new players message me to say how helpfull poxbox is!

RasielCZ likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

No, since you wanted my kidneys for a legendary is the negativity part of it.

And you kept Renovators and whatnot behind until we called you out on it and a bunch of your lies about "6 for me rest in the store" were blown up. 40 wasnt exactly 6 was it?

Once a fraud

10. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Remember when he raised prices on legendary runes "for the good of the community"?

Anyhow I'm not bagging on Poxbox's exo/cur trades. That ASPECT of that website is good.
    The Legendary hoarding needs to not be though. The "I only hold 2 for myself" story treads no water, there's no way you can prove it.

BurnPyro likes this.
  11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Do you always have to have the last word? Even if your right burn pyro sometimes it is better just to let a poster make their point and wait to segway into a different part of the thread. Your comment here is likely to engender negativity and only serves to gratify your ego.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

How did I wanted to have the last word? He hadnt not yet adressed me nor did I him. I clearly replied to his post since I like to remind him of what really happened.

But I indeed enjoy my ego, so at least you're about something.

Oh and if the truth might lead to negativity, perhaps thats more on olaf than on me. Just food for thought.

profhulk likes this.
  13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Decondor, or whoever you are now, your rate of inflation is predatory. You should pick up a "how to economics" and learn about where this is headed. Or, you can skip all that and read the following lines: Predatory inflation (inflation for profit, manipulative activity as relates to supply and demand when one holds the vast amount of a market share) has an indirect relation with number of willing participants in a given market, IE, it will not end well for you. And this is not conjecture, it simply cannot.

In other words, the faster you increase your rate of inflation, the fewer and fewer market participants are willing to interact with your product/service. So the first possible end is self-marginalization. This means that your customer growth rate is slower than the market participant growth rate, or you continually serve less and less of the market. If your customer growth rate reaches a negative speed (you are losing customers) at the same time as the market participant growth rate is increasing, you'll just implode and will be left with the option to hold inventory, merge/sell or liquidate.

The 2nd and more likely outcome will be new participants in the market. This can happen in one of two ways, regulatory and capitalistic (or a combination). Regulatory would, in this scenario, cause DOG to step in and control the market by offering up their own instant access system where as a new capitalistic participant would simply mean one or more people starting up their own instant access systems.

So yeah, right now you hold the stick with the carrot on the end and it is your prerogative to continually move that carrot out further and further to make catching it even more difficult. But it won't last, people will either stop chasing it or someone will come in with a shorter stick. You can flame me, disregard my words or whatever, but if you're smart you'll start thinking about the future and where you want to be in that future.

Sunutsu, Etherielin, profhulk and 3 others like this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Mushroom clouds spotted.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Thats explosion btw.

BurnPyro likes this.
  16. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I fail to see how @decondor is at fault here. Him holding back the higher rarity runes at the beginning was perfectly reasonable, mainly because the forging system was new and he had to figure out how to price high rarity runes now that we could arbitrarily generate them from lots of lower rarity runes. To the point of the inflation although the numbers are going up are the relative ratios going up? I can't say I'm having more trouble now getting things than before by trading things in except for the fact that lots of things are out of stock. There seems to be a lot of anger against PoxBox which seems odd to me since it was created to solve the problem that people are claiming he created, low availability. If PoxBox is so bad then how do you suggest we solve the problem of availability? His site has already solved it for the vast majority of CUR runes. The problem only lies with EXO and LEG runes now and as @decondor put it that's an issue of availability. Fortunately Gedden said that the LEG runes will be craftable soon-ish but I'm not sure that that will solve the problem sufficiently.

17. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I am sure this has been brought up before but why can't we just buy shards so we can just craft whatever rune we want from the forge?

18. Boozha

His prices are very, very silly. No way around it. He is making a killing and everyone else is getting ripped off.

And yeah, buying shards would be the most elegant solution and would also allow the emlimination of the extra exo from boxes.

BurnPyro likes this.
  19. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

No way around it? How are his prices silly? The numbers are higher but that doesn't necessarily mean that runes are harder to get. Also, I remember trying to get runes before PoxBox was around and it was WAY worse than it is now.

20. Boozha

Of course it is more convenient now, but did you check his profit span or cash prices?