So now I remember why I prefer poxbox to the trader...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gwyndionnz, Oct 19, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Im sorry, I quit trying to make sense of your babbling after this.

Also in your earlier post claiming "nothing is harder to get except more stuff is out of stock" is as contradictory as it gets.

poxbox or not, making new decks with legs or limiteds is really hard. Mostly because one only has so many organs.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Poxbros does everything for at least 30$ less and their prices are still high.

3. ShionNR

ShionNR I need me some PIE!

I just don't understand why DOG doesn't take this as a major problem. Being saints or demons, having the economy monopolized by third party people/groups can't be health for a game, not to mention it is a gigantic oportunity wasted with the newplayersboom.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

They always claimed some type of law prohibited them. Which is weird compared to other games. Just so.

5. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Poxbox prices increases and decreases depending on Supply and Demand, isn't that how all fair traders work?

Of course we shouldn't be dependant on PB, and DoG should be the one gaining the fees.
    But in my opinion the one to blame here is Sony/DoG for not coming up already with a Player Marketplace.
    Poxbox has always been keeping the game alive because of this.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Waiting to see a decrease.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Apparently supply on decreases and demand only increases.

Never seen that graph before in a decreasing playerbase.

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

For the small stuff I know a man who sells it for maybe half the price of PB. Silly, silly.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Dayum connections

10. learnedone

learnedone Well-Known Member

Haa! Man you don't have to explain yourself. If you want, close the whole program and see how many people jumped out their windows on the news!

11. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

you mean jump out the window when we realize some guy has a ton of runes that will never again see the light of day? or maybe jump out the window in because they're dumb if they think someone else will take up the mantle. Hell we have plenty of mass rune stores in the trading thread already

12. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I'll jump out the window in an outburst of happiness.

BurnPyro likes this.
  13. Boozha

If I weren't such a busy (read: lazy) panda I'd make my own store ...

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Omg boozha r hoarder

15. Boozha

Nah, I'd actually have to start with very little stock. Another reason why it probably wouldn't work terribly well.

16. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I started before the Heroes of Maljara release. I bought a few boxes and tried to see what I can do with it. It was decided I needed to consolidate. At that time I decided I would start with the IS faction. I traded my runes from the other factions with the rune pools, but it still wasn't enough. The individual players weren't much help as they all wanted my higher priced runes and took advantage of me and ripped me off. It was then I found out about PoxBox. Now I was able to have a much better understanding of value, and that all exos/legs/limiteds are not the same. Now I needed to fill some holes and trading with other players is not turning out. There were a small few players where I could trade fairly, but still could not get runes I didn't have. This is where PoxBox comes in. I stopped trying to trade with players and used PoxBox exclusively to obtain the runes I needed. PoxBox was a saving grace for me and at times it still is. Then steps in PoxBros. They always seemed to have the lowest price, and at the beginning you could actually get hard-to-obtain runes for a much better price than what Players were offering as well as in the PoxBox cash store.

There we go...that's how I succeeded at obtaining almost every single rune in the game. Buy boxes, trade in/trade out with PoxBox, Buy from PoxBros, buy runes with gold.

17. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I mean that things aren't harder to get because of price. I then qualified the statement by acknowledging that things are more often out of stock nowadays.

18. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Yeap took me a long azz time to get em and thats what i paid, so thats about the size of things atm i reckon

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Just an fyi, buying from Poxbros is the worst (maybe Poxbox I haven't checked prices in forever) thing to do. You can easily find runes for cheaper.

20. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Ok, so there's a lot of anger towards the online stores in this thread. A lot of people saying that they charge way too much. So... any solutions to your many problems? Identifying problems is great and all but solutions are far more interesting. At the beginning it was noted that we should just boycott Poxbox but I don't know that that would accomplish anything especially since a boycott has limited efficacy unless everyone does it which is difficult now that we have a massive influx of new players that probably don't look at the forums. Another potential solution is to have a second trade store besides Poxbox that can provide competition which would theoretically drive prices down a bit. The best option seems to be that DOG implements a rune store which they've already said that the sharding system is supposed to kind of be. @Gedden has said (in a recent Q&A I think) that they'll be adding LEG forging which pull the issue of rune accessiblity down to haggling shard prices. That said, I think that it would be great if there was a solution that could be more in the hands of the players than politely asking DOG to drop shard and/or pack prices.