so short analyses of lonx

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Jan 3, 2017.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I was playing lonx for quite a few games, in short I'll give my opinion on why they are somewhat dissapointing.

so first off the pros:

- ridiculously good melee units, throat rend to name one is just down right amazing as a beater.
    - solid support units, they might be a little pricey but over all good units, nothing to write home about imo but you can do a hell of a lot worse.
    - def reducing abilities are plentiful
    - good costed units.

now the major flaw that seemed to occur just about every game with them.

- so first off lack of survivability, most simply don't come with any defensive abilities this usually forces you to stay pretty far back for safety putting the game into a stall.

- mediocre ranged beaters, howler admittedly is amazing when he gets up to 6 range but then he attacks and it's awhile before he's able to do it again, but everything else requires 2-3 softens to get up to a good threat level, and once the game stalls out you will have a hard time to not get picked apart by the opposing ranged forces since you have no ranged protection.

- everything is 1x so swap is far less useful without 2x2 units to increase it's range, and you'd need this in an attempt to end the stall.

so ever match pretty much went the same way, I'd win the font with my superior melees they'd fall back deploy ranged units, and slowly pick me apart while I tried to fight back with wanderers and what not and not be able to pull out a kill, while they healed up the damage easily enough.

it seems that they are a rush theme, and if you can't rush they lose atm, and could use some low cost tanks especially against range.

maybe a modification to lonx snowguard could help.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Lonx snowguard is pretty crazy as is IMO. Give him a whirl.

3. calisk

hmmmm seems like he's a bit more like my original design, that's kind of neat since I doubt it was on purpose.

snow guard was a rune I suggested, actually it was my first suggested rune and I had my friend make the art, it was pretty much identical except he was protecting an injured jakei girl and her child.

the design was snow guard ability protect adjacent champion, and was based off the runes in yugioh that forced them to be attacked first, which meant melee or range.

then I gave him arrow eater which is why his art had him filled with arrows, of course at the time absorb didn't exist and the only unit in pox that had ranged protection was pin cushion.

this is all long before themes were a thing meta decks were really all that existed.

my original design translated to today with themes in mind would look something more like.

lonx snow guard

damage- 8
    speed -5
    range - 1
    hp - 50
    def - 2

abilities
    attack - physical
    lonx guardian - adjacent friendly lonx cannot be the target of basic attacks.
    unstoppable
    upgrade 1 - arrow eater, absorb, evasive 3
    upgrade 2 - coordination, reinforce, shroud

anyway i'll keep in mind but he doesn't allow you to approach reliably, their are just to many ways to knockback/relocate him to leave your champs wide open, and he's no threat on his own. so I just don't think he'd break the stall.

they'd need something like yeti spirit or gekaal that you can move up and put some intimidation in them, while being fairly confident that they will not be able to kill him easily.

4. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

That is it they are to weak to rush and hold and yet to weak to stall around. Something cheap verse range would be snow camo, or they could go the hunter route and with beset they might be able to rush properly. In the past I was able to lay out a lot of ice and snow traps and stealth with these guys. That's was their defense. I used a lot of guerilla warfare tactics. The loss of assault and aggressive on Lonx hunt Leader was a big nerf to them as well. You could close in on a ranged unit to trap them. Lonx Chief needs to be fixed some how. Healing winds on these guys is just about a waste. Healing winds is more for range units. If it healed the closest unit to the target that got hit that would be different or if healing winds was put on a melee unit for these guys that would not be wasteful. I am unsure of the equip provisions on the other Lonx.

5. calisk

the lonx I was familiar with had a strong ranged unit in chief/maruader and they stacked aid defense in a few ways to get their defense up to high levels that made them tanky.

was pretty effective.

Braxzee likes this.
  6. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I was going to go into that, but yes that def should come back