So this Trump reality show

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Feb 14, 2017.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Maybe Trump will learn that he can't just bully everyone without consequence. It's just not how it works.

Same reason why all the "fake news, so sad!" outlets are now giving him a hard time.

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

just to be clear my intelligence is the greatest, the best. I have the most intelligence.

your intelligence? bad! all lies. fake intelligence. can't trust it. SAD!

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

No # and no use of twitter, poor performance.

4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Your concept of cause and effect seem to be backwards.

Trump's antagonism against the IC was a response to the IC's antagonism and allegations towards Trump (and Russia). Likewise with media outlets like CNN and so on. I'm not saying Trump is "right" to respond thusly of course but... He was being attacked first. Being "bullied" even you could say.

Media outlets aside though, even if you were right the IC shouldn't go out of it's way and use illegal methods to undermine it's own boss because their feelings were hurt. If they don't want to work under Trump (which would be understandable), they should resign (pending contractual obligations) not go after his knee-caps.

super71 and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Except that the difference is actually Trump in this case. When Comey released the statement about finding more Clinton emails, Trump praised him. When leaks happened and they were bad for Clinton, Trump said it didn't matter who leaked it, what matters is the content. Now that the leaks are about Trump, the IC is "antagonistic."

The thing is that it all comes down to Trump reacting poorly to ANYTHING that is not spun in a positive light for him.

We see this ALL the time - even down to the size of his inauguration crowd.

Trump sees journalists doing their job is "antagonism" if they are reporting negative stuff about him - it doesn't matter if it's true or false.

Tweek516, Geressen and BurnPyro like this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Trump casually suggests Russian Intelligence should hack Clintons emails.
    Trump does not care about the "possibility that Russia leaked the Clinton/DNC emails", it's about the content

vs

Trump does not care about the content of the leaks of the IC concerning his people, the people who leaked should be targeted. Un-American!

No matter your stance on these issues, it's laughable.

7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

That's a bit off. Comey didn't work for Clinton (at least not directly) at the time. He didn't break any laws regarding that statement, etc. The leaks held substantive information regarding Clinton, whereas the leaks about Trump don't and/or are not shown with full context (in fact, many of the Trump "leaks" are simply statements without any evidence to back them up). They also were, ostensibly, not put out by Clinton's own people (though like I said in previous threads some have claimed they were). It was still acknowledged that hacks were illegal regardless.

The IC being "antagonistic" went back way prior to Trump even being in office, as has Trump's returned antagonism.

I suppose one could argue Trump fired first when he complained about Intelligence under Bush getting us into Iraq a decade or so ago (albeit when it was popular to do so).

I agree that's an issue. The problem is that some of the people that are showing negative things about Trump are making things up, exaggerating them, etc. Not only does this make it "easier" for Trump to dismiss all negative things among his base... "see, we've got them putting out fake news, so don't trust anything they say!"

But more importantly it shows that the other side isn't any better than Trump.

You and BP tend to seemingly put most or even all the blame for this at Trump's feet... and he's not without blame. But it seems like, just like Trump, you sometimes are willing to overlook or downplay things in order to make Trump look worse.

(Which seems to have the side effect of making me look like I'm "on Trump's side" when I point these things out, when I don't like him either. In spite of going out of my way to acknowledge that Trump isn't often helping things.)

Trump reacting and seemingly "needing" pro-Trump propaganda doesn't excuse anti-Trump BS.

I want the media (and where applicable the IC) to attack Trump on TRUE things (which does also happen), not made-up or heavily sin-doctored BS. I want them to be BETTER than Trump, and I think the fact they haven't been is why Trump's own BS has been so successful.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

you have to admit whether u like the man or not its entertaining...problem is when the laughter stops the cries will begin

Tweek516, Ohmin and Geressen like this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oh don't get me wrong, I think the whole Russia thing is well overhyped. It's hardly a thing unless they got more info that requires attention.

I'd much rather they get on the case of Trump killing an American citizen and Yemen civilians on his first military action. While he reportedly was not even in the room while the action went down, cause he had to eat. How he then mislabeled the name of the dead Marine and brushed off his death on Twitter was a disgrace.

That's not to say that Trump has it coming with the IC. And a ton more people. You reap what you sow. But yeah, I'd rather they threw everything out there that was more than "well Trumps adviser kinda talked to Russia before he was in office and might have promised them to go soft on them" is pretty weak. However Flynn resigned over it, which is weird to me. Then again, Flynn, as much people in Trumps cabinet, is a despicable human being.

Tweek516 and nepyonisdead like this.
  10. Sokolov

Only because you seem to want to absolve Trump of any responsibility (in previous posts), putting the "cause" as the IC and media.

11. Sokolov

Except they are. Lumping "fake news" in with legitimate outlets and stories is part of Trump's misinformation campaign.

12. Sokolov

It's also interesting how people who defend Trump will say, "he's just using hyperbole, he's not lying." But when the media speculates on motivations based on limited information, oh, then it's "fake" and "making things up" but Trump gets a pass on literally lying.

And if the media points out he's lying? Oh, then they are "biased" and "blowing things out of proportion."

Basically, the ONLY thing that's "fair" to Trump is to report only good things about him and pretend he doesn't lie constantly.

Tweek516, Ohmin and nepyonisdead like this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Let's not pretend that the "fake uproar over at least, legitimate information" is as bad as Trump just plain spreading fake news.

Did we all forget that Trump is the jackass who claimed Obama was Kenyan for the longest time, amongst a billion things?

beat me to it, dammit

14. Sokolov

Trump pretty much threatens, slanders and/or antagonizes everyone and anyone* who doesn't support him - even if they don't say anything about him personally.

* We are talking about important people here, of course, not random internet denizens

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

All you need to do is take a look at his twitter https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

so much class, so much truth, so much decency

16. Sokolov

Right. At some point, one has to consider the possibility the person who is mad at everyone in almost every situation is the problem.

17. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

The media is reaping the product of their lack of honesty reporting news and by that I dont mean reporting news that wasnt true but rather presenting one part of the story...for example during a bernie speech CNN was literally focused on an empty trump podium waiting for him to arrive, blacklivesmatter protests go literally un reported when you have 1000s of ppl in the street. The point is when you take money from corporations to present a story thats feasible to them and keeps the public uninformed then you have earned the mistrust of almost everyone regardless of their orientation. Trump is scum that gets away by deflecting the focus but the only reason the title ''fake news'' is even a thing is because they do have a history of biasing the truth so honestly i am not too unhappy with all the criticism they are getting. Maybe for once they will start doing the job they are supposed to do and not what someone pays them to do. with that being said there are still good news outlets that are unbiased and can be found on the internet, fox news and CNN are just radio that u listen to to hear what u like rather than whats actually happening so please wake up and inform yourselves :)

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Math never lies

It's always the common denominator

19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I don't think that's what I was doing. But I can understand how it could seem that way. I do believe I said he wasn't right to respond as he has though, and in the past talked about how him doing so only made things worse.

It's also the strategy of establishment propagandists and the media themselves. They are both at fault here.

Heck, it went to the point that one of Obama's last actions was to put the State Department and the CIA over the media, funding an "anti-fake news" initiative which is essentially just Government censorship.

Or maybe just one part of the problem in a larger equation.

SPiEkY likes this.
  20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Also, fake news poll shows 39% approval rating. Just saying.