So uh, the US just attacked the Syrian govt

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Apr 7, 2017.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

What the Firk?

Its 5 am and I cant sleep so I turn on the news, what the Firk is going on? How is this not EXACTLY like Iraq?

• Hey bad dictator totally has wmd he uses against his people (in this case the gas attack? Struggling to find why Assad would bomb his own people after pretty much winning the civil war, he's not stupid
    • We totally need to go in there for justice
    • If said dictator leaves, created vacuum will be filled by the rebels... a large part of whom are muslim extremists
    Small detail, syria and russia are very buddy buddy.

If somebody has anything that Im missing, please say so. I dont see it. Drone strikes in 7 countries under Obama (that Trump already turned up 400%) and now an airstrike with 50 tomahawk missles?

Firk me man

nepyonisdead and Ohmin like this.
  2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

its almost as if US elected an incompetent government body

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The airstrike itself is meh. From what I get it didnt do all that much. The issue is... why?

Why start this after the Syria issue is there, but its not 2013 anymore. Its ruined, but Assad had been taking control of the country. Isis overplayed their hand and got punished for it.

Ffs some rebels are directly affiliated with al quada

4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Here bro let me give you a clue to let you know who is behind this and who makes decisions on military and foreign policy for the United States.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

if that was true, why did obama not do this (this meaning go directly at syria) while trump did?

was obama bravely resisting international and internal pressures that trump cracked under? what's our narrative here

also, just at the "why would he gas his own people" thing- i'm not saying he did, i've not really looked into it, but anyone thinking that a minority party that's been keeping themselves in power via fear ISN'T going to do some crazy Bane Shift to convince their people that they're not worth resisting, well

yeah.

6. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Obama did he just lied about it and made up some bullsht. He "air quotes" accidentally bombed syria and killed 63 soldiers in 2013. Lies. Obama was a third term of Bush. I thought Trump might be different but no he is going along with more neoconservative bullsht supporting their buttbuddies the zionists. Here is the propoganda article about Obama "accidentally" killing 63 syrian soldiers in 2013. Oh "Accident". "Oh so sorry we meant to hit ISIS tee hee".
    ://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d4/Flag_of_Israel.svg/234px-Flag_of_Israel.svg.png

Ohmin likes this.
  7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Your right it makes zero sense for Assad to gas his own people. He already gave up his chemical weapons in 2014, and is on the verge of peace talks. Assad is winning the war why in the hell would he use chemical weapons? Assad didn't use chemical weapons, but if you do some more research you will find that Al nusra acquired chemical weapons years ago. ISIS used chemical weapons and they have done it before years ago. This is a false flag to goad Trump into taking action and he either knowingly did this or was goaded into it by the zionists and neo cons that run USA. Israel stands to benefit from this conflict the most. Netanyahu has been hysterical in running the "Assad has used chemical weapons?" narrative. Israel also tried to bomb Palmyra but Syria fought back and they ran away with their tail between their legs.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/17/middleeast/israel-jets-syria-strikes/

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I think this strike was the right thing to do. I think trump is an idiot, but he made the right choice here.

Trump does have positive aspects. He's definitely brave, and not scared to tear down institutions and start again. Hopefully they get someone else to actually rebuild though. (I mean american systems and institutions not Syria).

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Like the Muslim extremist rebels?

I really dont see how this is different from Iraq in that respect. Assad has been protected and helped to not let that region also plunge into chaos.

I think Assad is terrible, but the Middle east nationbuilding just hasnt worked. Iraq helped cause ISIS by leaving a power vacuum and demonizing the west.

10. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

here's hoping a war doesn't start

11. Tweek516

I don't think that the US should launch multiple attacks - this should be a one off strike. There has to be some enforcement and penalties to war crimes. This won't change the outcome of the war, but it makes it clear that his actions are not acceptable.

12. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I like bashing Trump as much as the next deluded cuck-liberal, but this seemed like a very sensible thing.

It lets Assad (and Putin) know that they can't just do what they want (like gas civilians), without it costing them more than they gained.

I think that it's reasonable for the west to accept that, at this point, resisting Assad would do more harm than good (tyranny proving better than chaos) but still have the US police the conflict to ensure that it happens within levels of decency.

Tweek516 likes this.
  13. Tweek516

This.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I am personally not convinced that Assad performed the attack, profhulk touched on the reasons (was winning already, handed over his chem weapons).

All this does is set a precedent to keep using the old war against terror declaration to start stuff without the approval of congress. I am also not convinced in the slightest that "letting the US police the conflict (in the middle east especially" is something that we're looking for. At least not if that includes straight airstrikes instead of diplomacy.

I do not trust the neocons for one bit, they're the same folks who were all over Iraq and Afghanistan. If it stays a one time thing, I'll look back on it with more sympathy (?), not sure how exactly to express it. But right now, no, I not sold on the whole thing at all.

15. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

inspector burn on the case. cant wait to see this conspiracy theory develop. tell me, how does this airstrike fit in to the narrative that trump and putin are buddy buddy?

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

well, i've already seen someone say that syria/the russkies were warned prior to the bombing, so that this was mostly an empty show of force to make people think that the russians have no power over trump

if that helps

17. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

does it help? trump supporters are feeling pretty good today. so tell me, do wacko theories really help you liberals feel better about yourselves? does adding 'silly' and 'stupid' on top of 'wrong' really help?

18. Tweek516

There's no way any rebel force could manufacture weapons like this. They were 100% made by a government. Not saying it was Assad (but I think it was), but it couldn't have been any group of these rebels.

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

that would really depend on the type of gas used.

seems to have been sarin which would make the source of it the goverment as it is hard to produce and disperse adequatly without the necesary expertise.

it dissipated too quickly to be VX and mustard gas would not have had the same results.

of course it could have been Chlorine gas which has uses besides chem warfare ( so Assad did not have to sacrifice (part of?) his stockpiles but could also be produced by rebels.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

both Chlorine and deadlier chemical weapons have been used in Syria in the past. and while it is foolish to think Assad handed over everything he had al Nusra does have a stolen stockpile of Chlorine gas.

so both are suspect.

Ohmin likes this.