So uh, the US just attacked the Syrian govt

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Apr 7, 2017.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Alex jones thought michelle obama was a man, ran the pizzagate story until he had to apologise, runs every ******** conspiracy in the world, regularly invokes demons and other nonsense and on top of that sells voodoo medication to his audience.

There are no redeeming factors about this guy

Schmacko, nepyonisdead and Geressen like this.
  2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

3. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

This + chemtrails.

Basically at some point in time you have to evaluate a source of information and decide if it is reliable or not. Infowars is long past the point that any rational person should have realized that it peddles garbage.

Put more bluntly Alex Jones sells fear and bat Bane Shift crazy to stupid people.

Geressen likes this.
  4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Pretty sure that was a bad joke. Same thing with him calling Rachel Maddow "Mr."

To be fair, it's a terrible and very annoying joke, and speaks very lowly of his character and credibility.

Had stopped running it far before the incident related to that story occurred, and had picked it up from the mainstream Media which had been running it first and continued to run it for longer. The fact he apologized for it, that he acknowledged it as a mistake... is actually a point to credibility, so I'd call this a wash.

And at this point you're spouting hyperbolic nonsense.

Which says to me either you don't know what you're actually talking about, or you just have so much else against the person and the organization that you don't care and prefer to invoke strawmen to make your point. Probably both. But the point is, you've already dismissed it. Of course you're never going to get anything useful out of it if you go in, look only briefly, and have the assumption that it's all nonsense.

Here's the thing. You have said in the past that you "don't get into the conspiracy things" because you don't like it, or maybe just because you don't understand it.

I can totally understand that. I've been there. The reality of how the world works is complex however. These days everyone is peddling conspiracy theories, including big media and official government releases (and unofficial ones leaked out to big media).

In spite of Jone's propensity to be bombastic and his bias, Infowars has been right about many things. Bush Jr.'s invasion of Iraq being based on lies and domestic propaganda. Long before that he got direct footage of the military training to be used domestically against US citizens. He's one of the only (inter)national news spots that has given any more than a very brief mention of a story coming out of local news regarding 474 human trafficking arrests and the freeing of sex slaves (including 28 children) by an Los Angeles Sheriff's Department operation (at least that I've seen so far).

He's been right about "smart" devices collecting data on it's owners and came out with that long before it hit the mainstream media.

And that's just a small number of things.

The reality is that for the most part Infowars is probably slightly better than a lot of other media outlets... although that might not be saying much in the long run.

Is Infowars something you should trust wholeheartedly? No. But to dismiss anything and everything that comes out of it without properly considering it is foolish and promotes your own willful ignorance.

Just as much as ignoring anything and everything out of CNN would be, in spite of it's numerous and egregious "errors" and false reports. I wouldn't trust it fully, but I wouldn't ignore it entirely.

Alakhami and SPiEkY like this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Defending a broken clock because it's right twice a day is the worst reasoning I have ever heard to trust someone to give me objective facts.

I understand your need to be as neutral as possible. But at some point you should accept that a source is garbage and move on.

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

On a partially related note... someone linked me to a video of the aftermath of the Idlib incident. While I can't be sure as my Arabic is non-existent, it is on relatively good authority that the responders in the video are Assad's people, and based on the video, they did indeed go in without even gloves, at least on some of them.

This supports the statements made by the article I had linked to, at least on that very specific count. We'll have to wait and see if it's correct on other points.

In broader news... it seems the "message" aspect of the missile strike may have been effective for China, as they've stepped up efforts to stamp down on N.Korea's rattler, which they had been relatively quiet about prior to Trump's missile strike. Tension is still high but this seems like a positive development.

It also seems that Trump's message of not going into Syria is becoming more prominent than the NeoCon/Hawk message of "regime change"... but there's still some question about future actions.

7. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Honestly I really don't care if we invade muslim countries, they commit terrorism domestically, and anyone who sides with Islam is the enemy imo.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

dumbest thing I read all month.

BurnPyro likes this.
  9. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

We should not invade any country. We have enough problems to deal with in the US. US should stop policing the world like we are the new Rome and this is our empire. I blame Abraham Lincoln for turning a decentralized republic into a disgusting centralized imperial shtshow. France is probably thinking "we went bankrupt to support this sht really! We had to endure the french revolution so America could get its independence and turn into a complete asshat 216 years later". Thomas Jefferson is rolling in his grave....

10. DiCEM0nEY

The more we invade lesser countries, the more we can live a life of prosperity. I have no problem with s military industrial complex, especially when we are invading Satan worshipping Muslims.

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Lead poisoning can lead to insanity and americans have been drinking and breathing it for decades so I'm not sure if dice is a bad troll or genuine.

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Setting aside the dubious moral quality you display... the US' general populace has not at all reaped such benefits. In terms of living in prosperity, we'd have done better to not participate in constant military conflict for at least the past several decades.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

can I ask you your honest oppinion on how many innocent people are acceptable collareral victims to kill 1 terrorist?

14. DiCEM0nEY

I love how u Bane Shift on America while being in the EU. Enjoy your refugees and tolerance, I'll stick with the wall.

15. DiCEM0nEY

The more innocent people such as yourself we can bomb, the better.

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I was not asking you as you clearly are a troll, a bad one. how are you going to satisfy anyone if you blow your load so early? seems like you can hardly get it up as it is.

17. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

that's possible, but at the same time i think a sizable part of the military industrial complex is in something very close to welfare- jobs that prop up families or towns but that serve no real purpose aside from to give the inhabitants of those towns money, with a sense that because they worked for it it must be better.

it'd be interesting to know how different the US would be without the various interventions we've staged, and without so much of our budget going through the military. wildly impractical to guess at, though

Geressen likes this.
  18. DiCEM0nEY

Ouch, god forbid I don't please a woman.

19. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

He never mentioned women.

Geressen likes this.
  20. DiCEM0nEY

I care even less about sexually pleasing men