So what's the deal with George Soros?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alakhami, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

This guy has been on my radar for quite a while and then I get this in my news feed:
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...lare-george-soros-a-terrorist/article/2633097

And this is from reddit

"He sponsors not just 'democrats'. He sponsors all sorts of left wing political non profits, some antifa groups, a lot of feminist movements in the west. He holds quite significant political power in all western governments.

What you are missing is that the man doesn't care about any of this. He is a short seller and makes bank on revolutions and turmoil. He came to fame at the Black Wednesday 25 years ago. He has claimed many times in his interviews of old that he can't be moral given what he does.

In essence he makes money of other peoples misery. Since he has become exceptionally rich he is striving to create his 'opportunities'. None of this is controversial. None if this is fiction."

and here we have this video where he says at 3:05 that he doesn't look at the social consequences of his actions, but later says that outside of his financial manipulations, he's a moral guy, hence, he practices philantropy.

Now the info on him is very contradictory. On one hand, according to wikipedia he is a pretty okay guy with more or less adequate views on various different topics, but on the other, guys like AJ and other non-liberals claim he's been indulging in financial cobwebbery and perniciously influencing the political arena of other countries.
    EDIT: I just read the russian wikipedia and there's much more criticism there. goes to show the so called "neutrality" of wikipedia I guess.

So, what's your take on him?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

it's called capitalism and apparently ya'll aint willing to try something else.

BurnPyro likes this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Who woulda known, rich people sponsoring all sorts of groups to gain influence

4. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

i'd do the same honestly.
    no i think we'd all do the same.
    as power corrupts.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

we should eat the rich to gain their powers

I can contribute the power of around a dozen eels, couple tuna, two dozen salmon, 45 chickens, 2 cows, a horse, a lamb, 3 or 4 rabbits, a goat, a lot of baby squid 3 or 4 pigs a few octopus and squid and ... three frogs around 50 mealworms, 20 grashoppers and 1/60th of a kangaroo. an assortement of other fish and shellfish too but it is hard to keep track.

6. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

It's just some dude with a lot of money rallying people and organizations to push particular agendas. As for who finances him and what the end game is, I have no clue. 4chan will tell you it's the zionist jews and other conspiracy theorists will tell you it's the Illuminati or whatever.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

He's a billionaire known to support hate groups, that way he can profit off of all the hate and turmoil. Nothing more than a shitty, glorified,opportunist.

This can be said for many of these billionaires though, it's a pity really, with all that money they could accomplish so much yet continue to bury the middle class, and lower class to below poverty levels to gain more wealth for themselves.

greedy ****s all of em

9. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Know almost nothing about him except he has silly much money somehow. He did "break" swedish economy in 1992 and UK's before that, or atleast was blamed for being the brain behind it. It couldnt have been fun having house and morgage back then with 500% intererests in sweden, crazy but the goverenment in sweden thought they could beat him and his friends in the moneyspeculation against us... kinda failed and he gained alot.
    top 30 of the richest person in the world according to forbes.
    I think he just wants insane much money and speculates in disorder to make even more money.