So yeah, about that Farcrags Sandkip....

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by MrCharles, Dec 7, 2017.

1. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

Just on a purely cosmetic/background level I have to ask.....

Wtf is this thing? Is it some kind of giant reverse salamander native to sand (dry???!) instead of water? What are those odd half plant/tenatacle appendages coming out of it's back? Is there some other mythical or fictional creature this was based on it? How did it get here? Why?

This might be my pick for least intimidating (and borderline) looking sprite outside of the fairy-folk (non-corgi hellraisers ofc) and I'm not sure how it fits into any theme. I mean I know on a gameplay level it fits with sand and all but uhmm where did this come from? Usually I could care less since it fights into the sand theme...but well damnit this has been bothering me since forever. Please help.

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Isn't it a sand axolotl of PoxNora?

MrCharles likes this.
  3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Yup, real animal:
    [​IMG]

MrCharles, Fentum and Etherielin like this.
  4. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

Thank you. I can't tell you how long that has been bugging me. So the real thing is kind of creepy looking. It looks like it might be smiling at me...and I now have one more reason never to visit Mexico City.

Kampel and Etherielin like this.
  5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

theyre commonly kept as pets. As far as fish go they have a lot more personality than other breeds that are owned domestically