Some feedback

Discussion in 'New Pox Nora Client Beta Discussion' started by badgerale, May 25, 2017.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I'm leaving aside obvious bugs and concentrating on design issues, I'm sure that some of these are well known to the programmers but i'll say them anyway.

The queueing thing -- the window that pops up which says 'entering queue' or whatever, should have some kind of indicator that it is doing something. There's a reason that games use those hammer hitting, whirling discs, bubbling images... it reassures people that something is happening and it isn't broke.

The image of the rune with the AP in the middle is ugly, as is the way it jolts into the big, almost full screen, view of it when you click on it -- this view seems unnessary to me, but if it was done nicer, it could be a cool way to show off the artwork, and rune text... add some flavour building.

A proper options menu, obviously.

The playstation buttons on a PC game, obviously.

On the plus side, when you look at a rune, the way the abilites/conditions sequentially pop up alongside it, is really nicely done. Nice job that man.

2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

A little update, for the priorities as i see them at the moment:

Combat log links
    /popups which explain spell effects
    Rune Database
    Pathing bug fix

Continued chat improvements:
    persistent when you leave/join games
    a (temporary) visual indicator on the tabs when someone chats (at least in the game chat).
    removal of the turn counter (it is now x's turn, your turn has begun, it is now x's turn...) from global chat (what purpose does this serve?).